Potential Buyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potential Buyer

Hello to you all! I found this forum researching Bayliner boats and have been reading many of your posts. Thank you so much for your insights and wisdom. I am looking at something to use on the TN river basing out of Chattanooga. I would like something to live aboard a few nights at the time and later on, cruise the entire TN river when I have more experience. Don't know a lot about large boats but have had smaller ones. I have found a 1992 3288 with twin 351's that caught my eye and plan on looking at it next week if I can get it set up. Here is a link if anyone knows this boat or wants to chime in.
    https://www.boattrader.com/boat/1992...yacht-7865968/
    Check out this Used 1992 Bayliner 3288 Motoryacht for sale in Chattanooga, TN. View this Cruisers and other Power boats on boattrader.com

Looks like a really nice boat from the pictures. Got that classic Bayliner Motor Yacht design. Good luck, hope it works out for you.
    Rick Grew

2022 Tahoe T-16

2004 Past Commodore
    West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Comment

Welcome!
      ​​​​​​!Buying any boat is an emotional process, but you’ll need to set some of that aside as you are entering a very different process. First and foremost, whatever boat you get you really want to have it surveyed. Plan to spend several hours along side your surveyor and take pictures of any “findings” so that if you complete the purchase you can go back and correct the issue. Your insurance company will want the survey to establish the condition of the boat and the market value. You have two choices of policies, the first is like your car where, in the case of a total loss, they will pay what they think the boat was worth. The other is an agreed value where you are compensated a set amount in the case of a total loss. The survey will be key in establishing that value. The survey will not be an in depth engine survey. For that, have a marine mechanic survey and check the engines out. The survey process should include a sea trial and your first chance at a test drive. By this time you should have identified an insurance company and located suitable moorage.
      I have a checklist in an excel spreadsheet that’s a great tool that was put together by a member here. PM me your email and I’ll email to you. The system doesn’t like the file extension so email is the next best choice.
      Another choice you are doing to have is whether to have state registration or have USCG Documented. State is pretty much like a car, documenting is more like a house. Ownership is researched back to the original selling dealer and any liens identified. You still title the boat with the state and pay whatever taxes are appropriate and keeping the boat in documentation costs about $30 a year. You should research it and make your own decision.
      The 32xx is a great boat, here’s to a smooth purchase journey.
      P/C Pete
      Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
      1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
      Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
      MMSI 367770440

Comment

Unfortunately, the boat sold before I could look at it. Good boats are sort of scarce around here and sell quickly so I can’t be picky on the brand. I’m just hoping to find a solid well made boat that I like. I’m going to look at a Carver 355 tomorrow. (Bayliner community please forgive me). Survey an engine check for sure. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
        X