Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complete Newbie w/2655 Ciera

Hi folks
    Just purchased my first ever boat today, Bayliner 2655 Ciera, 2002 250HP, for gentle lake use in NC. I have a million questions but hopefully when I get some time to poke around the boat tomorrow some will get answered. I am trying to absorb the Owners manual tonight

I am sure I will be back on here tomorrow night

Justin

2002 Bayliner 2655 Ciera
    North Carolina
    Justin Crew
    Mebane NC (Falls Lake)
    2002 2655 Ciera

Welcome! Same advice I give everyone. Take lots of the classes and include your crew. Watch lots of boat ramp fails then when you start maneuvering it go to a big lot and practice. Assign every able crew person a job when launching, retrieving and docking, then cross train. Maintenance is a huge key. Not just the engine, but all of the systems. Tomorrow, take a small hammer or medium end wrench and tap the transom on the inside as close to the drain plug and transom plate as you can. You are listening for a solid crack rather than one that is muffled. Do the same on the outboard shelves in the engine compartment.
    Does the boat have a partial or full closed cooling system, or is it raw water cooled? The first clue will be a radiator cap or none. What do you have for service records? Have the exhaust manifolds and risers been replaced? Plan to replace the raw water pump before you plan to use the boat a lot, presumably next spring. Which brings up Alpha or Bravo drive and which version of Bravo?
    That’s a rapid fire bunch of questions, but all things you need to know. I keep a detailed log and at least most of my receipts in a folder. I did the same with my previous three boats, so in this case, size doesn’t matter.
    Feel free to ask away, most of us enjoy sharing our experiences.
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    MMSI 367770440

Comment

Welcome to the club😁
      Dave
      Edmonds, WA
      "THE FIX"
      '93 2556
      Carbureted 383 Vortec-Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P

The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
      Misc. projects thread
      https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

I previously owned a 1996 2655. Its a pretty decent boat. Hopefully it has a Bravo III drive.
        Rick Grew

2019 Yamaha EX Jetski

2004 Past Commodore
        West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Comment

Hello, where abouts are you in NC, We have 1996 2855 around Edenton.
          Lee
          Albermarle Sound, NC
          1996 Ciera 2855
          7.4 Merc Bravo 3
          MMSI 338223458

Comment

• brad4550
            brad4550 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Lee
            Isn't Edenton where Bayliner had a plant, I know our 45 was built around there.

Originally posted by Lee27803 View Post
          Hello, where abouts are you in NC, We have 1996 2855 around Edenton.
          Just North of Durham/ RDU
          Justin Crew
          Mebane NC (Falls Lake)
          2002 2655 Ciera

Comment

Working...
          X