Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soon-to-be (hopefully) 3888 Owner

Greetings everyone!

First off, it's great to be here and thanks to all the folks who make it possible. I'm new to power boats in general, and Bayliners in particular (grew up with sailboats), so I will undoubtedly have more than a few questions. Provided the sea-trial and inspection don't turn up any red flags, I will be getting a '94 3888 and prepping her as a personal dive boat. The electronics and other bits aren't new, so I expect to be updating quite a few things moving forward, but am excited about the project.

Cheers!

Welcome. Hopefully congratulations are in order......Happy Boating....Brad
    Brad & Sharon
    Lady Jake
    1985 4550 EH 700TI /Twin Disc 502
    Anacortes/La Conner, Wa.

Comment

Welcome! We’ve had our 3818 for four years and enjoy the heck out of it. I have a purchase inspection check list created by one of our members I’d be happy to share with you. PM me your email and I’ll send it to you.
      Please ad your location and a bit about you to your profile.
      P/C Pete
      Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
      1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
      Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
      MMSI 367770440

Comment

Welcome aboard! Where are you located?
        Jim Gandee
        1989 3888
        Hino 175's
        Fire Escape
        [email protected]
        Alamitos Bay, SoCal

Comment

Originally posted by Pcpete View Post
          Welcome! We’ve had our 3818 for four years and enjoy the heck out of it. I have a purchase inspection check list created by one of our members I’d be happy to share with you. PM me your email and I’ll send it to you.
          Please ad your location and a bit about you to your profile.
          Thanks for the welcome! I've added a bit of info to my profile. Boat pics will have to wait until she is mine

Comment

Originally posted by Jim_Gandee View Post
            Welcome aboard! Where are you located?
            Home port will be Pleasant Harbor. I have the slip, just need the boat to pass inspection...

Comment

Welcome aboard!! Look forward to seeing pictures of her!

Comment

Originally posted by Private Reserve View Post
                Welcome aboard!! Look forward to seeing pictures of her!
                Some of the wood needs a bit of TLC, especially the stern, so I'll do a bit of before and after as well. A bit of oil makes wood so much prettier Getting new canvas as well--I cringe at what that will cost, but I know it's worth it.

Comment

I use a product called LeTonquin that I get from American Tar tarsmell.com the first coat looks pretty bad but by the time I get to number six, it looks like varnish except that it’s oil. It’s very forgiving and can be repaired easily if scratched.
                  P/C Pete
                  Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
                  1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
                  Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
                  MMSI 367770440

Comment

Nice! Where are you at? What kind of modifications are you doing to make it more dive freindly?
                    . . .It places the lotion in the Basket. . .and that basket happens to be in a 1987 Bayliner 3870 w/ Hino 175's

Comment

Originally posted by Pcpete View Post
                      I use a product called LeTonquin that I get from American Tar tarsmell.com the first coat looks pretty bad but by the time I get to number six, it looks like varnish except that it’s oil. It’s very forgiving and can be repaired easily if scratched.
                      Awesome, thanks! Can you tell me which one? I see several variants on American Tar's website.

Comment

• Pcpete
                        Pcpete commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I use the number one.

Originally posted by Cool_Beans View Post
                      Nice! Where are you at? What kind of modifications are you doing to make it more dive freindly?
                      I'll be moored in Pleasant Harbor, WA. Scuba improvements will start with a proper ladder, tank holders, and camera rinse tank. Later on is new electronics with sonar, and eventually I hope to install a compressor for fills and blending

Comment

Working...
                      X