Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

I've been looking at Bayliners on line and like the boats. I have three friend that have or had Bayliners. Two have 4788s and one had a 4588, I liked all 3 boats and have to admit thought they all performed very well. I really like the looks of the 5788 though and if I ever do buy one that would be my choice.

I have a question though, after looking at a lot of Bayliners on Yacthworld why do the people in the state of Washington price their Bayliners so much higher then everyone else? Some of them up there have their boats several hundreds of thousands of dollars higher than other parts of the country. What is so special about the Bayliners up there?

no harsh sun, lots of cleansing rain. Good for fiberglass, rubber, and canvas. Our boats are in better shape! If you ever bought a car that has been in Cali for any amount of time, rubber is brittle, the leather is cracked, the dashboard is dry. Same thing. Inland boats have a more limited market. Fla boats are storm suspect. Just a few reasons.
    Tally and Vicki
    "Wickus" Meridian 341
    MMSI 338014939

Comment

Originally posted by talman View Post
      no harsh sun, lots of cleansing rain. Good for fiberglass, rubber, and canvas. Our boats are in better shape! If you ever bought a car that has been in Cali for any amount of time, rubber is brittle, the leather is cracked, the dashboard is dry. Same thing. Inland boats have a more limited market. Fla boats are storm suspect. Just a few reasons.
      I've lived in CA and now live in FL and like most residents in both places made sure that didn't happen to my cars or boats. You sure have a dim view of people in CA and FL and the way they take care of their property to make that kind of statement. We treat the fiberglass, rubber, canvas, plus other things to make sure that doesn't happen. I as a former resident of CA and a current resident of FL find your attitude towards us offensive. I doubt your boats are that much better than ours, judging by your comments only your ego.

Comment

You asked a question, Tally answered it, quite factually. He didn't mention a damn thing about people, just conditions. The only attitude that sucks here is yours. We're all pretty friendly here, so maybe you should dial it back a bit, and start over. Oh, and welcome to the BOC.
        Jeff & Tara
        (And Ginger too)
        Lake Havasu City, AZ

2000 Bayliner 3388
        "GetAway"
        Cummins 4bta 250s

In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

Bought a very nice looking Jag from LA. You can cover a lot of damage with products, for a while anyway. Ask a broker if you don't like my answer.
          My view of people from CA and FL changed a little just now. Kidding, really
          Tally and Vicki
          "Wickus" Meridian 341
          MMSI 338014939

Comment

The comments made about CA and FL were about atmospheric conditions...….....they were not a commentary on people's behavior or character.
            Present Boat- 2018 VR5 4.5/200hp Mercruiser
            Last Boat- 1998 Capri 1950CL 3.0 Mercruiser

Comment

Originally posted by talman View Post
              Bought a very nice looking Jag from LA. You can cover a lot of damage with products, for a while anyway. Ask a broker if you don't like my answer.
              My view of people from CA and FL changed a little just now. Kidding, really
              I am sorry if a broker from CA cheated you by covering things up with some product, but all people from FL and CA are not like and I'd say over 95% of the probably would not do anything like that. I know I and my friends work hard on our boats to make sure they stayed nice and to account for the CA sunshine by taking care of our boats so they didn't deteriorate from it. I did not like the inference that all boats in CA are left to rot in the CA sunshine and are not worth anything because of it. I've seen very nice boats there and would compare them with boats in Washington.

Most boats damaged in FL storms are either repaired or destroyed. To make a claim that people hide the fact that a boat is storm damaged is just false accusation. I don't have as suspicious a mind as the posture of that statement. I would never accuse all FL boats of being suspected of being stormed damaged.

Comment

Ask a boat broker about why PNW boats get a premium.
                My Jag was a private party sale, and honestly the prettiest car i have ever driven. I also hate that car, more than any car I've ever owned. Not because of Cali, but because of England.
                The inference, as others have mentioned, was not people related. Any inference that "all" anything is xxx is extreme, and "not worth anything" is different than 10% less than a PNW boat. No one said "all FL boats" are 'anything', but I'll bet there are a few that have been rattled about a bit. See the difference between a few and all?
                Please stop trying to pick a fight. You asked a question. I happen to live in the PNW, and have watched a lot of boats head south from here, so people are paying for "something"
                Tally and Vicki
                "Wickus" Meridian 341
                MMSI 338014939

Comment

I notice no one has to mention that your Pacific Northwest weather results in a lot of rain and high humidity which in turn causes mold, wood to rot and soft decks. These are items that all need to be watched for when buying boats from the Pacific Northwest area, all areas have their pros and cons. We have ours here in Denmark also. Byresch was a little harsh in his first comment I agree, but all of you have ganged up on him to build your area into the most wonderful place to buy a boat in the world. All areas have pros and cons.

Comment

uh, Jeff is in California.......
                    Tally and Vicki
                    "Wickus" Meridian 341
                    MMSI 338014939

Comment

Well, I'm from Cali, 3rd generation. And our 3388 is in Long Beach, CA, but we've lived in Arizona now for 25+ years. But point taken...
                      Jeff & Tara
                      (And Ginger too)
                      Lake Havasu City, AZ

2000 Bayliner 3388
                      "GetAway"
                      Cummins 4bta 250s

In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X