Ahoy to BOC!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aknurse View Post
    Greetings fellow Alaskan. I remembered seeing so pics from BWA doing a Bayliner stretch job. I wonder if thats the one? Id be curious to see how she handles. Id love to have 4 extra feet of fishing deck on my 2859.
    Yes BWA did the stretching. I've had her out a few times so far and handled well. She gets up on plane quickly (much less trim tab and throttle need than my previous 28' Bayliner Victoria (5.7 w/ VP 280)), turns and handles well. The stern definitely has more flotation due to the added buoyancy of the extension -seems to help with getting/staying on-plane. I plan to add an additional fuel tank and a hard top which will bring the stern down a little as the build progresses. You can see from the posted pics that the original black bottom paint line sits a little higher above water in the stern (assuming it was parallel with water line originally).
    Happy Boating

1996 2858 Bayliner - 8.1L - Bravo III

Comment

Originally posted by fritzman View Post
      Great pictures, would like to see more.
      Here’s a couple more pics of the stretched back deck. BWA did a very nice job on the work - it’s hard to tell that it’s not factory.

Sorry about all the dirt - haven’t washed up from winter yet.
      Happy Boating

Comment

• C-ya
        C-ya commented
        Editing a comment
        So that's what I need to do to be able to get to my raw water impeller! That's a good looking addition/conversion.

Interesting also looks like they cut the back off another boat to use for the extension as the hatch’s look identical. Don’t see any lines where she was cut and new section added.
      1997 Maxum 2400 SCR 5.7LX Bravo II

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Nauti_Mike View Post
        Interesting also looks like they cut the back off another boat to use for the extension as the hatch’s look identical. Don’t see any lines where she was cut and new section added.
        They made new hatches that match the original ones very well (texture and everything). The stern section is original (no donor boat), constructed the new section between the cut and added new crossmember to support the hatches/deck.
        Happy Boating

Comment

Originally posted by AK Sounder View Post

They made new hatches that match the original ones very well (texture and everything). The stern section is original (no donor boat), constructed the new section between the cut and added new crossmember to support the hatches/deck.
          Very professional job! Hope you didn’t absorb the costs in what you paid for it as I doubt you could sell it and recoup it. Anyway looks like a great fishing platform and I look forward to seeing how it progresses, enjoy.
          1997 Maxum 2400 SCR 5.7LX Bravo II

Mike

Comment

Thats one way to get a good sized “sport fisher” style boat without the cost you usually see associated. looks really cool, love the size of the cockpit.
            Curious what that extension cost and what your cruising speeds and rpm are.
            Dave
            Edmonds, WA
            "THE FIX"
            '93 2556 5.7 Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P
            (.030 over-Vortec top end-part closed cooled)
            The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
            Misc. projects thread
            https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

Thank you for the pictures very professional job by what I see, love the space, down the roar if weight becomes an issue the engine can com forward with a jack shaft set up. I have pod extensions on my boat, this is so nice ( don't tempt me)
              Slightly modified 2859 6.5 Diesel Bravo III X drive
              96 Dodge 5.9 5 speed Gear vender OD.

Comment

Originally posted by builderdude View Post
                Thats one way to get a good sized “sport fisher” style boat without the cost you usually see associated. looks really cool, love the size of the cockpit.
                Curious what that extension cost and what your cruising speeds and rpm are.
                I'm excited about it and will definitely let you guys know how she preforms - cruise speed, RPM, fuel burn rate, handling, etc........and will reach out to the forum for ideas and expertise on some of my planned list of modifications:
                • Isolate house/start battery systems - currently in progress - (good forum posts - I'm already reviewing on this)
                • additional fuel capacity - desire 70-100 gal in addition to the stock 113 gal. tank - planning Alum tank(s)
                • install new GPS / sounder on flybridge
                • buy/fabricate tilt-down radar mount for new Garmin 18xHD radar (need tilt down for overhead clearance on trailer)
                • reinstall sewage holding tank/mascerator/etc. (good forum posts - I'm already reviewing on this)
                • buy/fabricate hard top (aluminum preferred over fiberglass due to weight) to keep dry in wet AK weather - desire to store dingy on hard top. may consider heavy duty soft top
                • davit for shrimp / crab pot pulling and also extendable davit for dingy hoist to hard top (if possible)
                • Remove alcohol stove and microwave - replace with propane stove/oven (modify counter top) - our last boat had stove/oven - family loved it - it's hard to go back
                • Address other issues I don't know about yet 😬
                • Get out on the water! Enjoy being outdoors - especially in the current Corona Virus situation!
                Stay safe and healthy everyone!
                Happy Boating

Comment

Working...
                X