Another Northwest Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Northwest Newbie

Hello everyone. Glad I found the forums. I recently picked up a 1982 Bayliner Capri 19 foot Cuddy for $150 for the boat and trailer. Originally it had the Volvo Penta aq125 a with a 270 outdrive. After taking about two weeks to get the motor running go through everything and make sure it was all good, I got it out on Lake Washington and cruised around for five or six hours until the motor blew.
    I was thinking it was going to take fairly Hefty chunk of change ( we all know what boat stands for ) to get this thing back up and running. However because of the wonders of OfferUp, I found the complete aq120b with 270 outdrive $200 running. So I bought it, brought it home ,and over the last two days we pulled the old motor out can I have the new one in place. I'm hoping tomorrow that I can get out and finish putting all the bits and pieces back on and getting the wiring installed and have it running tomorrow. Unfortunately we missed getting out on the lakes for Memorial Day oh, so we're looking forward to getting some fishing done in the next few weeks.

1982 Bayliner Capri 19 foot Cuddy Cabin

Modify your thread title to include need advice on Volvo swap and Rick will provide all and more info needed to help you.
    1997 Maxum 2400 SCR 5.7LX Bravo II

Mike

Comment

Yes Rick is the Volvo Guru, welcome to the forum.
      Slightly modified 2859 6.5 Diesel Bravo III X drive
      96 Dodge 5.9 5 speed Gear vender OD.

Comment

Welcome! Like it was in math class, show your work.
        P/C Pete
        Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
        1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
        Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
        MMSI 367770440

Comment

Working...
        X