Hello BOC, from Indiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello BOC, from Indiana

Hello, just joined BOC, looking forward to some great advise, chat and information from fellow BL owners. I'm in northern Indiana. Owner of the Kara Rae -- a '88 Ciera SB 2455
    M.J., Kara & crew "sailing" from Angola, IN.

"Kara Rae"

1988 Ciera SB 2455, upgraded with a rebuilt '99 5.7L Volvo Penta Engine
    OMC Cobra outdrive

https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/filedata/fetch?filedataid=14505&type=large

Tow Vehicle: 2008 GMC Sierra 2500, Z71, ext cab, sb, 4x4, Duramax/Allison with Firestone air bags on rear axle.

"Look at us, we're WINNERS!"

Nice boat!
    Welcome to the BOC.
    CapMartin, Montr├®al
    "Belle de Dalhousie"
    1986 3270
    Volvo BB225B

Comment

Welcome!
      P/C Pete
      Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
      1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
      Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
      MMSI 367770440

Comment

My first Bayliner was an 87 2450 Ciera or pretty much the same boat you have. It was my first cruiser and really got me into serious boating. I went a lot of places in that boat the 4 years I had it. I hope you get as much enjoyment out of yours as I did mine.
        Rick Grew

1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

2004 Past Commodore
        West River Yacht & Cruising Club
        www.wrycc.com

Comment

Welcome. I have family in La Porte, you nearby?
          Jeff & Tara
          (And Ginger too)
          Lake Havasu City, AZ

2000 Bayliner 3388
          "GetAway"
          Cummins 4bta 250s

In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

Welcome
            It's all a dream
            '03 245 5.7/BIII & '07 Sedona pontoon

Comment

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Originally posted by Jeffw View Post
              Welcome. I have family in La Porte, you nearby?
              JeffW, LaPorte is directly across the state from us, not terribly close but I know right where it is. Looks like you've migrated pretty far away from LaPorte, IN. lol

"Kara Rae"

OMC Cobra outdrive

Tow Vehicle: 2008 GMC Sierra 2500, Z71, ext cab, sb, 4x4, Duramax/Allison with Firestone air bags on rear axle.

Comment

I see you're from Angola, we stayed the night there two years ago at the Elks Lodge in our motorhome, on the way to La Porte. We'll look you up next time through, and we'll have a beer!
                Jeff & Tara
                (And Ginger too)
                Lake Havasu City, AZ

2000 Bayliner 3388
                "GetAway"
                Cummins 4bta 250s

In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffw View Post
                  I see you're from Angola, we stayed the night there two years ago at the Elks Lodge in our motorhome, on the way to La Porte. We'll look you up next time through, and we'll have a beer!
                  You betcha, we'll sit aboard the Kara Rae and relax a while.... whether she's at the dock or in the driveway!

"Kara Rae"

OMC Cobra outdrive

Comment

Welcome! Spent a lot of time in Angola when my daughter was going to Trine U.
                    Bayliner 195 Bowrider 2013 4.3l 220hp MPI
                    Alpha 1, Gen II
                    2019 F-150 3.0l Powerstroke Crew Cab 4WD
                    Albany, Ohio

MMSI: 338234042

King of retirement. Finally got that last promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickdixon View Post
                      Welcome! Spent a lot of time in Angola when my daughter was going to Trine U.
                      Ah yes, good ole Trine! Between Trine and all of the lakes here in Steuben (101 Lakes) County we keep things hoppin'. May the good Lord be with you if'n you haffta make a stop at the local WalMart for some supplies before hitting the water..... you'll burn up 2 hrs fighting the crowd and getting back on the road!! lol (maybe a SLIGHT exageration, but not much!)

"Kara Rae"

OMC Cobra outdrive

Comment

• Nickdixon
                        Nickdixon commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Compared to where I live, with 25,000 students and same size town, you may not know our version of “hoppin.” We go 20 miles away for any shopping...it saves time!

Welcome, and I'm New on here too. Just been looking and following from the sidelines.
                      To top if off, I too Just bought a 1988 Bayliner 2455 Ciera Sunbridge 3 weeks ago.
                      I also have 17ft Capri & 19ft Capri Cuddy Cabin
                      Best wishes,
                      Sal Fonseca

Comment

Working...
                      X