New Kids On The Block... :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Kids On The Block... :-)

Hello, wanted to introduce ourselves... We are Mike and Mel, We are not New to boating by any means but we are new to Bayliner.

We were semi retired and traveled the US in our RV Until March this year when my wife accepted a Directer position with her Agency and Gave a two year commitment. Which is what prompted us to purchase a New to us 2003 Bayliner 175 to play on Lake Conroe (North of Houston TX) for two years. We have spent a Lot of time on the lake here and wanted to get something small that we could take out after dark. (we just Sold our Jetskis Last July)

Anyway i am veriy impressed with the little 175 so far, it was super clean and garage kept.... I may have paid a little on the high side but we are super happy with the purchase and should be able to get most back out of it in 2 years.

We love the lake and are out at least an hour almost every day, even if its just to shoot across to Pappa's or Fajita Jacks for a beverage and dinner.

Hope to meet new people and have some great memories on "SQUIRT" as we have named her....

Welcome Aboard. You have definitely purchased yourself a great boat to have fun with. Good luck.
    Rick Grew

1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

2004 Past Commodore
    West River Yacht & Cruising Club
    www.wrycc.com

Comment

Welcome .... good looking little boat should serve you well...to me, what I pay for something is not as important as how I feel when I paid what I thought I should....make sense? Sometimes I do pay more for stuff, but my reasons are justified...whether it be to give the business to a local small town vendor, something that was well cared for, a tough to find item. Lake life is well, a way of life. We first moved to a lake in 2012 and we will ALWAYS have at least 1 home on the water. Envious of you being in Texas as you can probably boat year round...
      Hell, Michigan (yes we really live in a city named "Hell" in Michigan)
      2012 BR 185 - 3.0 TKS
      1999 Chaparral 233 Sunesta Ltd., 5.0 Volvo
      1985 Harris Flotebote Classic 240
      1993 Yamaha Waverunner III VXR
      1993 Yamaha Waverunner III
      1995 Yamaha Waverunner III GP
      1995 Yamaha Waverunner III VXR PRO

Comment

Welcome! That’s a great looking boat. You will find that, like everything else, maintenance is the key. Be sure to use magnesium anodes, it’s the correct alloy for fresh water, and are available as a kit. Enjoy
        P/C Pete
        Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
        1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
        Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
        MMSI 367770440

Comment

Welcome. Thanks for posting the pictures.
          Present Boat- 2018 VR5 4.5/200hp Mercruiser
          Last Boat- 1998 Capri 1950CL 3.0 Mercruiser

Comment

Congrats on the purchase and enjoy...its been years since I've been to Lake Conroe due to i45 traffic out of houston. If it was at my back door it would be a different story....very large lake and lots to explore...good places to eat on lake as well.

Watch out for the race boats out there....some of them folks got more money than sense but this is true everywhere.

Enjoy!
            2008 H210SS Four Winns
            Volvo Penta 5.7 GISX
            Prior: 1997 2050SS Bayliner
            Brad / Texas Gulf Coast

Comment

Working...
            X