New Bayliner owner 288CB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Bayliner owner 288CB

We are picking up our 25th boat on Saturday, a 2003 288 with the 350 Mag and Bravo 3. Very excited about the purchase, not excited about the 400 mile trip in the rain. I don’t spend much time online, being a retired guy, but hopefully I can still contribute in some way. BTW, we don’t have 25 boats still, just 2. The other is my fully restored Skipjack 20 Open with tuna tower and geared for fishing.
    -shoe

On our 25th boat and 14th Camaro...I need a break (or an intervention)!

Wow...congrats on latest purchase. Post pics when able and have safe trip.
    2008 H210SS Four Winns
    Volvo Penta 5.7 GISX
    Prior: 1997 2050SS Bayliner
    Brad / Texas Gulf Coast

Comment

That’s a lotta boats! Welcome, and there’s bound to be some purchasing and selling advice in there somewhere. Drive carefully.
      P/C Pete
      Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
      1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
      Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
      1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
      MMSI 367770440
      1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
      Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Comment

Welcome Shoe!
        I have the same boat 2006 288 Classic 350mpi Bravo 3...and love it.
        Lots of experienced and smart boaters on this site to help you out with new boat.

So glad you have owned 25 boats...helps calm my wife a bit. I'm also down to two....boats, not wives.

Comment

Congrats!
          let me gues, SoCal?
          Skipjacks are legendary tuna boats down there. I’ve always wanted one, but up in the PNW you need an enclosed helm somewhere on the boat.
          Esteban
          Vancouver, BC
          Former Bayliners 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

So Cal yes, Fallbrook is San Diego area. I’ve had 4 Skipjacks, fantastic rough water fishing boats in the “open” model. The flybridges rock terribly with a narrow beam, so there’s a reason why you can find a hundred 24 flybridge for sale compared to the open.
            -shoe

On our 25th boat and 14th Camaro...I need a break (or an intervention)!

Comment

Working...
            X