Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New, old member

Hello Bayliner family,
    I'm looking into buying a 1999 2858 with the 7.4/B3. Heads, risers, manifolds, plugs, wires, distributor, etc have all been replaced within the last month. Survey was done and only small things found such as lights not working(bad/no bulbs), some dings and scratches, and a small tear in the seat cushion for the dinette. I've been reading and researching for a couple months now and I think I'm ready for this adventure. My previous boat was a 2002 2455. I'm hoping other 2858 owners can chime in and tell me real world experiences with docking, low speed maneuvering, rocking, and other general boating "issues" they may have come into since owning one of these. I have a 7 year old and a 3 month old, so comfort is key for me. I will not be taking it in open ocean, just bays, channels, and the intercoastal waterway. I live in south Alabama. Thank you ahead of time.

Welcome aboard Adammlong! Boating is one of the greatest family adventures!
    Jim Gandee
    1989 3888
    Hino 175's
    Fire Escape
    [email protected]

Comment

Welcome to the forum as you see I have a 2859 and like it, picked up new in 1993 1st year, so many changes, go to the owners section 2858 - 289 - 2859 and you will see more on your vessel.
      Slightly modified 2859 6.5 Diesel Bravo III X drive
      96 Dodge 5.9 5 speed Gear vender OD.

Comment

Working...
      X