Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spitfire
    replied
    Thank you Pcpete and ksanders. We are not required but agree with you on the thought of taking classes. The captains classes I have research seem a bit much for my application. I have been doing a lot of research to gather as much knowledge on line first. eg. nautical know how, USCGA, NOAA charting, USCG & MSA safety requirements, recommended spare parts & tools to name a few. I will never stop learning about navigation, safety, maintenance, operation, etc.

Leave a comment:

• ksanders
    replied
    Well... Congratlations on your new cruiser!
    Also Welcome to the BOC!

Leave a comment:

• Pcpete
    replied
    Welcome! You may or may not be required to have a boaters license or permit where you are but take the class and get one anyway. The first times you and your wife take it out are high risk to your relationship. Talk through a plan then include some aw darn its and recovery actions. This way when things get stressed, you aren’t raising your voice in urgency, which tends to get the captain in all sorts of trouble.
    Join a boating or yacht club. More instant network and others to travel with. That’s kinda like finding a church. You need to find one that makes you feel comfortable. Then, be active.

Leave a comment:

• Spitfire
    started a topic Newby to cruisers and bayliner

Newby to cruisers and bayliner

Hello to all fellow Bayliner owners! New to my wife and I is a 1996 2655 with a 5.7 mercruiser. Very clean boat that passed compression test, drive inspection and marine survey with flying colors. Very clean, well maintained boat. She was in a slip with no trailer and I purchased a used aluminum Loadmaster to haul her with. Need to get the trailer up to snuff and set up the bunks and bow stop/winch for a good resting place. Plan on trailering to Lake Erie and Lake Michigan. Wanted a "fishing boat" and had to compromise with the admiral on a pleasure/cruising boat also. Will be looking for suggestions from some of you fish a holics to setup for walleye and salmon. New to this size of boat but have operated cruisers of my friends before but still need to learn a lot. Going through from bow to stern to get to know her intimately before our maiden voyage. I am looking forward to meeting members and getting involved with discussions.
Working...
X