New to the BOC.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the BOC.

Hello BOC members, My name is Paul, been a boater for 15 yrs up in the PNW. First couple of boats, the Canadian built boat, 26 Commander, and the second 34’ CHB tricabin trawler. Purchased a 1986 3870, The Flying Welshman 2. Two years ago. It has been a work in progress the last 2 years. Removed the carpet and laid teak and holly flooring. Replaced the both risers with stainless steel. Replace the Hurth transmissions with ZF63A. Much quieter! Started fine tuning the boat and I think I’m getting close. With the Hino 175 at 2500rpm 14kts@9gals and hour. Very happy with the performance.
    Before the interior remodel fabric seat covers. New seat covers, and the carpet removed.
    Paul Marshman
    1986 3870. The Flying Welshman 2
    Gig Harbor WA
    Twin Hino 175hp
    8kw westerbeke generator
    11’ Carib RiB

Great to have you on board.
    Slightly modified 2859 6.5 Diesel Bravo III X drive
    96 Dodge 5.9 5 speed Gear vender OD.

Comment

Welcome. Nice boat and nice work!
      Ted G
      The Great PNW

86 2850 Contessa SB
      Designers Edition
      Mercury 350 Mag
      290 Volvo DP

Comment

The boat looks great!
        Welcome aboard!
        CapMartin, Montr├®al
        "Belle de Dalhousie"
        1986 3270
        Volvo BB225B

Comment

Thank you. Had to talk my wife into this one. Sold her with the promise to make it a little more woody on the inside. Which also removed the a lot of the smell. Love the twin engine redundancy and maneuverability at the dock.
          Paul Marshman
          Gig Harbor WA
          Twin Hino 175hp
          8kw westerbeke generator
          11’ Carib RiB

Comment

Welcome to the BOC!

Nice work on the boat!

KEVIN SANDERS
            4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA

Comment

Boat looks good, nice job on the flooring. You'll find lots of help here for the 38's.

James
              1989 Bayliner 3888, 175 Hinos,
              Hurth 630's Onan 8kw MDKD
              Lowrance Electronics!
              MMSI
              VHF
              CFA 2587
              Boating on Georgian Bay
              Currently on the Great Loop

Comment

Very nice! Welcome!
                Dale & Lucy
                I grew up on Lake Superior in MI and Lucy near the coast of CT. Love the water.
                We are in the Wilmington NC area and almost all our boating is on the ICW.
                Bought our first boat, a Glastron 175 SX in 2013. We quickly got tired of being rocked by the bigger boat wakes.
                Started to look for the new and bigger boat in 2014 and found our 2007 Bayliner 245 SB in 2015. "One Moore Time" Merc 5.0 carb model w/ Alpha 1 Gen 2.
                We keep her in drystack at Southport Marina.
                She handles the water and wakes much better and is still trailerable.
                We mostly do day and sunset cruises with some overnight and weekend trips

Comment

Welcome. I need to replace the laminate on our salon table, yours looks really nice. You might consider hinging your salon hatch at the starboard end and adding a 60# spring strut to assist lifting and holding it open. The other change that follows is to reshape the dip stick tube so you can check the oil from the salon.
                  We are starting our second full summer with our 3818 and love it.
                  P/C Pete
                  Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
                  1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
                  Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
                  1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
                  MMSI 367770440
                  1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
                  Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Comment

Welcome to the club, I am a new owner of a 3818 also with many projects on the list. Your new floor looks great, how hard was it to do and what was the cost? I would love to get rid of carpet and have an easier way to check oil level on the port side engine.

Grego

1989 Bayliner 3818 "Voyager"

Comment

Great job you have been doing. We just bought our 3888 in November and the interior had already been redone with honey teak floors very similar to yours. Our inside helm station has been removed for more living space. Here is a link to a 360 degree viewer of the interior: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=QVSRGcR9Re2 We are in Nanaimo and hope to see you this summer.

Welcome
                      P/C Bob Hicks JN
                      Dock Holiday, 1992 Bayliner 3888 Double Cabin Flybridge Cruiser
                      Twin Hino W04TI 210 HP Diesels with Hurth HSW630A 2.0:1 Trannys
                      Westerbeke 8.0 BTD-614 8KW Genset
                      Avon 9 ft 6 in Tender with a Tohatsu M8B 8HP outboard
                      Currently moored at Stones in Nanamio, B.C.

Comment

Pulling the carpet was the most difficult part. Thank goodness for teenage sons! It took about six weeks to do it all. Cutting out templates, fitting them to the floor and ensuring that everything lined up correctly. Purchased materials from EastTeak in Sultan Wa. Worked with a woman by the name of Mariam, and I think the whole project cost about $2000. Received a couple quotes over $5000.
                        Paul Marshman
                        Gig Harbor WA
                        Twin Hino 175hp
                        8kw westerbeke generator
                        11’ Carib RiB

Comment

Welcome to the BOC! Nice work on the floor! Trying to prioritize my projects, with budget in mind as well, but I'm definitely considering removing the carpet and going with the teak and holly flooring. In my case, I'd probably go with a product such as Nautikflor, which is a marine vinyl product. Nothing like the beauty of real wood but I'm thinking low maintenance. Your 38 is looking great! Welcome!
                          Alex
                          Orange County, Ca.
                          2001 3988
                          Twin Cummins 330's

Comment

Working...
                          X