New 2000 Bayliner 4788 owner in PNW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New 2000 Bayliner 4788 owner in PNW

Hello from the Pacific Northwest! We're in the final process of purchasing a 2000 Bayliner 4788 w/Cummins engines and looking forward to learning and new adventures on the water.
    We're in the Seattle area and have a slip at Elliot Bay Marina, are looking for recommendations for reputable outfits to help design and install a new interior stateroom door (the prior owner removed between main and the bunk stateroom and didn't keep the doors. Also any tips and recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Hope to see you all out there

Congratulations on the new boat!

Replacing that door and post is going to be expensive if you have to pay a marine cabinetmaker to construct one.

I know the cabinet shop over at NorthHarbor Diesel is well equipped, and their cabinetmaker was really good when i had him do a few little things, but that was wow, 7 years ago now.

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA

Comment

BBQ, congrats on the new boat! I know you’ll have some great times with her!
      Jim Gandee
      1989 3888
      Hino 175's
      Fire Escape
      Fyrflyer@ca.rr.com

Comment

Congratulations on the new to you boat. Getting a replacement door may be a challenge, at least at a reasonable price. How much did the po remove? Just the door or the framework too. The design is really pretty simple, the challenging part for me would be buying the teak plywood for the panels without 80% leftover. The rails and styles are a piece of cake, Midway Plywood between Lynnwood and Everett. Let me know if you need some pictures or measurements for the door and frame and I’ll hook you up.
        P/C Pete
        Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
        1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
        Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
        1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
        MMSI 367770440
        1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
        Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Comment

• BBQHawk
          BBQHawk commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Pete - they removed the post and framing as best I can tell. Going to take pictures this week. Pictures and measurements would be fantastic!

From one EBM'er to another, congratulations and enjoy your new boat!
        2001 3788 w/ 330 Cummins
        Seattle, WA

Comment

Pm sent
          P/C Pete
          Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
          1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
          Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
          1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
          MMSI 367770440
          1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
          Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Comment

Working...
          X