Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greeting from the Great Lakes State!

Hello. My name is Rick.

I grew up boating on the Detroit River, Lake Erie, Lake Huron and Lake Michigan. My family has been boating literally all my life, and I've been operating boats since I was 5. (Dare I say that was over 55 years ago!). I left Michigan for 13 years for fly F-16's all over the world. (It beat working for a living). After getting out of the Air Force I came back to my home state. I love the fresh water.... but I hate the long winters!

I've owned about 14 boats in my life, everything from an 8' Optimist pram sailboat to a Carver 3600 motor yacht. I love being on the water. I currently own a 13' Lone Star sloop (to keep my sailing hunger satisfied), a 16' Starcraft Fisherman and I'm restoring a 21' Starcraft Mariner center console I received from my brother that fell into disrepair. But my pride and joy right now is a 1996 Bayliner Ciera 2655. She's in immaculate shape. I received this boat as part of the deal when I sold the Carver. I was a little reluctant about it at first, but I have to admit, I it is my favorite boat. She looks good. She's comfortable on the water. She's great for taking friends out for an evening cruise. She's miserly on gas. She's a great weekend cruiser and easily singlehanded.

I joined this site to see what other Bayliner owners were up to, hoping to get some technical insight, some inspiration and ideas, and perhaps meet some folks from the Bay City MI area. Looking forward to electronically meeting you all.

Glad to be aboard.

Welcome to the BOC! Our oldest son is an F-16/15 crew chief instructor at Shepard, going to Mountain Home this month. He has a bit over 12 years, E-6 at the moment. Thanks for your service!
    Jeff & Tara
    (And Ginger too)
    Lake Havasu City, AZ

2000 Bayliner 3388
    "GetAway"
    Cummins 4bta 250s

In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

Working...
    X