Sailor Turned Power Boater

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sailor Turned Power Boater

I've just sold my MacGregor sailboat and bought a 2006 192 Cuddy, so I thought I would join this forum to get all the latest tips and tricks in having fun with this boat! I plan on running on the Chain O Lakes in northern IL, Lake Geneva and Lake Michigan outside of Chicago. Really looking forward to the spring and get on the water!!

Welcome to the dark side!
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
    MMSI 367770440
    1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
    Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Comment

Thanks! I am sure i will feel it the first time I have engine trouble in the middle of the lake!

Comment

I just switched too, Contessa 2850, seems strange to only have one option for propulsion. I will add a kicker for trolling on mine so I can get to the nearest dock.
        1984 Contessa Command Bridge
        AQ260a
        VP 280 duo prop
        North Puget Sound
        Squalicum Harbor

Comment

Funny, I was thinking of the same thing . . . . . . . . .

Comment

We sold our sailbote 15 years ago to try powerboating for one year. Two boats later and haven't looked back.
            Tally and Vicki
            "Wickus" Meridian 341
            MMSI 338014939

Comment

Originally posted by talman View Post
              We sold our sailbote 15 years ago to try powerboating for one year. Two boats later and haven't looked back.
              Why? I have a small 16' day sailor in addition to my 2850. I enjoy listening to the waves and wind and sailing very much without the engine noise on my sailboat. I do like the convenience of the power boat and the room of the 2850.

Joe
              1986 2850 Commend Bridge on hydrohoist
              A260 and AQ280 with DP lower unit

Comment

So, you have the advantage of both worlds. I have only gone sailing once in my life. Have to admit the quiet can grow on you. One thing I have noticed since I bought my latest boat a sedan, it's much quieter up top than it ever was in any of my express cruisers. Best of luck with both of your boats.
                Rick Grew

1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

2004 Past Commodore
                West River Yacht & Cruising Club
                www.wrycc.com

Comment

I kept the El Toro for a long time, but sold it when we sold the house, bought the condo and jumped from 25 to 34. We spend all our free time on the 34

Tally and Vicki
                  "Wickus" Meridian 341
                  MMSI 338014939

Comment

Working...
                  X