Old Member, Now New Again....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Member, Now New Again....

Greetings! I used to belong to this august group of boaters but moved on and now I'm BAAAACK! I am in the market for a used boat in the 26-30' range with an emphasis on the 2859, 2655, 265 and 285. 2000-2010 model years. I do have a couple of questions if you can help me with them:
    1. Does anyone have the name of a good surveyor in the Tacoma/Seattle area?
    2. Is a 5.7 big enough for the 2859 or should I keep my search to the 7.4?
    3. Is a 5.7 big enough for a 265?
    Thank you in advance for your assistance! (To Doug and Mike, thanks for your awesome assistance previous to this post!).
    Repectfully, Tony

Tony

Cant comment on the 265, but in the 2859 I woud stick to boats with a big block, or a 383 stroker as a minimum engine size.
    Allot of those have been repowered by now, making for somewhat of a bargain if you consider the repower costs.

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY
    SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

Thank you Kevin. That’s what I’ve been hearing.

Comment

Personally I would want to torque of a BB for a boat that size with a single engine. I believe by 2000 they were all B2 or B3 but make sure it is not an Alpha drive.
        Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
        1998 3055 Ciera
        (yes, a 1998)
        Previous boat: 1993 3055
        Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
        Sea Doo XP
        Sea Doo GTI SE
        Life is short. Boats are cool.
        The family that plays together stays together.
        Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

Comment

Welcome back, Tony. Get it going and come visit us at Friday Harbor. Love to see you again. Tally and Vicki
          Tally and Vicki
          "Wickus" Meridian 341
          MMSI 338014939

Comment

Oh, and a 2859 with a big block. So much room in the engine compartment. There is room for tools and a pillow for your nap down there.
            Tally and Vicki
            "Wickus" Meridian 341
            MMSI 338014939

Comment

I had a boat surveyed in Olympia last summer. I had a mechanical survey and a complete survey done. Now that I've had some time to poke around the boat myself I'm not very impressed by the work of either surveyor. I'm not talking gross negligence or anything, and I'm still totally pumped about my boat, but some pretty glaring issues got either missed or glossed over. If you PM me I'll give you a couple names you might want to avoid.

Comment

Hi and welcome back, 2859 the best for room, and I need to chime in with Kevin on big block ore 383 stoker now if you find a repowered boat with diesel it would be great.
                Slightly modified 2859 6.5 Diesel Bravo III X drive
                96 Dodge 5.9 5 speed Gear vender OD.

Comment

Working...
                X