245 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

245 2003

Hi I'm thinking of buying bayliner 245, here are some pics from interior, does anyone know what could cause the big stains in wall carpets? It's a 2003

Water leaks and possibly mold. Not the end of the world, but not good...
    Jeff & Tara
    (And Ginger too)
    Lake Havasu City, AZ

2000 Bayliner 3388
    "GetAway"
    Cummins 4bta 250s

In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Vanman777 View Post
      Hi I'm thinking of buying bayliner 245, here are some pics from interior, does anyone know what could cause the big stains in wall carpets? It's a 2003
      +1 with Jeff. Water leaks can be hard to determine sometimes. We were sure our port window was leaking (pics) but (after sealing) it turned out to be a couple of the cockpit cover snap screws which were very loose. Treated those with some epoxy and haven't felt any water in that area since. Have a new issue after the heavy rains yesterday in the port cave wall which appear to be the screws that hold the interior dressing on. Those have to be accessed from the outside under the rub rail rubber. Some are pretty obvious such as when the folks that did our seat upholstery work, forgot to put two screws in. They also forgot to put some caulking around the port cockpit side cushion which allowed rain water to seep into the cave overhead panel and drip on the mattress.

BTW - we were able to clean up the material by the window with some judicious (and several) applications of diluted bleach (70% water/30% bleach) by spraying the area, waiting a few minutes, then BLOTTING the area with paper towels. We didn't rub or scrub so as not to damage the material which is almost 20 years old. I think the monkey fur can probably be done the same but we haven't tried that yet, Would be afraid of the bleach lightening it too much. May try another fabric cleaning route.

You appear to have several more "leakage" areas than we have had, but some may be from a common cause and just appearing. I have also read on this forum that some have had the screws holding down the windshield causing problems. They are accessible and could be a source of your cave problems, but more than likely those are from the rub rail caulking or screws.

Hope this was helpful info for you.

Attached Files
      1998 BL Ciera 2655 Sunbridge LX (Special Edition)
      "Sea Flights"
      5.7L 2bbl w/Thunderbolt Ignition
      Alpha I Gen II Sterndrive with raw water cooling
      MFG Extra's - A/C, Fresh Water Engine Flush port, HWH and Windlass
      Docks @ Punta Gorda, Florida

Comment

Since it is a 2003 I wonder if it is similar issue my 2004 Trophy 2359 had with water stains in the cuddy. It was coming from the rub rail. I removed the old run rail to find there was very little sealant used on it and after installing a new one with proper sealant my water issues went away.
        2004 Trophy 2359
        5.7 liter Carb
        Alpha
        15 hp Merc Kicker

Comment

If I moor my 2452 pointing south I get rain water ingress through a side window. If I moor pointing north, you guessed it, I get no leaks. I am not entirely sure that the smaller Bayliners are made for inclement weather. When I have been looking at 2452 videos (can't talk for 245s) I often notice water marks in the monkey fur. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPWUPHMfcFU (1.07 minutes into the video and running down inside below window).
          Terry (Retired Diving Instructor and Part Time IT Consultant)
          1998 Bayliner 2452. 5.7l V8 - Edelbrock 1409 4bbl - Alpha1Gen2 - Solent UK.
          MMSI 235061726

Comment

Working...
          X