Hi BackEddie here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi BackEddie here

Hi everyone I’m BackEddie bought 1991 Trophy 2352 October 2016. Was thinking of joining the Hulltruth forum but to many people on there that seem to say scrap the Bayliner and buy a Grady white or Boston Whaler. I guess they have more money than me. Had a great first season fishing and cruising around Vancouver and the gulf Islands. Looking forward to all the advice and tips I can get from BOC. Have a few things to work on when I take it out of storage end of February. So far over the winter I have attacked the boat with rubbing compound, polish,wax and a variable speed buffer and got absolutely amazing results.

Welcome aboard!
    1986 Bayliner Contessa 2850
    In over my head for sure!!
    M/V SKUA refit
    https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...ak-gctid499442

Comment

Welcome aboard. I’ve never been one that has to impress others by how much money I spent on something. If I like it and it works for me, that’s what counts. kind of like being comfortable in your own skin.
      We've had four Bayliners starting with an 19’ Capri for four months, it was a proof that we would actually use it exercise. 200 hours in four months? Yup. Bought a new 2450 Cierra Sunbridge and put 500 or so hours on it in three years, then baby numbers 3&4 arrived four minutes apart and it was time to move up again. We bought a 1980 2950 Encounter Sunbridge and put somewhere around 2500 hours on it in 29 years. Then in 2016 we bought our 1988 3818. It was time to slow down from our normal 25kn cruise and the Admiral really started complaining about not being able to watch everything that was going on on the docks. We’ve selected each of these boats based on configuration and our comfort. They have all been good hulls but the Encounter was underpowered, but I fixed that and we had 16 years of virtually trouble free cruising.
      There is a wealth of information here and not just limited to the how to fix things. Our boat is named “Glauben” and we will be in the Gulf Islands and maybe Desolation Sound throughout July. Come on over and say hi.
      P/C Pete
      Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
      1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
      Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
      1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
      MMSI 367770440
      1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
      Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Comment

Working...
      X