Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aknurse
    replied
    I have seen one 2859 with outboards that belonged to a charter outfit in BC? I actually considered doing just this with twin Suzuki 200s when I repowered last year. I ultimately decided against it because of the increased overall length wouldn't fit in my driveway. I repowered with a diesel and am extremely happy with the performance and economy.

Leave a comment:

• JThiessen
    replied
    There was one guy on here a while back that either had done the outbd conversion, or just posted a link to it. Seems that it would be easy enough to accomplish.

These guys have a trophy that was converted - same hull as the 2859.
    Here is a 2452 conversion https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v60qZpfINic
    Google is your friend

Leave a comment:

• ksanders
    replied
    I have has two 2859’s and repowered both of them.

I have never heard of a 2859 with outboards.

I can say that in my opinion the perfect engine for the 2859 is the 496 Mercruiser.

At 375 horsepower, coupled with a Bravo 2 drive, the 2859 has a 27 knot cruise speed and gets right at 1 nmpg

Leave a comment:

• sketch96
    replied
    Would be very expensive. Alot of work to convert and outboard power would require twin 200's at a min. If i were to go that far with a boat that heavy i would spend the extra money and go twin 250's. Twins give you the added security of an extra motor if one dies. A single 350 is in my opinion on the small side. The outboard wont produce the same torque as a v8 sterndrive of the same hp rating.

you would be money ahead just rebuilding the v8 you probably have already. Hoping its a 7.4 or a 383 for that boat.

just my opinion! Im sure there are many different ones out there!

Leave a comment:

• yakkid
    started a topic 2859 outboard power?

2859 outboard power?

hello, am new member wondering if anyone has or knows of a 2859 conversion to outboard power?
Working...
X