Locking Gas Cap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Locking Gas Cap

Newb to the forum as I just bought a 2012 Bayliner 170 OB.

I plan on mooring this boat from May to Sept this upcoming summer at a privately owned dock that is accessible to the public, and am a bit concerned about theft and/or potential vandalism. Wondering if anyone can provide information about high quality locking gas caps for this model. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by ksanders; 11-09-2017, 12:49 AM.

If you are concerned and its valid about someone stealing fuel at this location then I would be concerned with theft of other stuff on the boat and would reconsider this location.
    1997 Maxum 2400 SCR 5.7LX Bravo II

Mike

Comment

"AlanM" post=828915 wrote:
      Newb to the forum as I just bought a 2012 Bayliner 170 OB.

I plan on mooring this boat from May to Sept this upcoming summer at a privately owned dock that is accessible to the public, and am a bit concerned about theft and/or potential vandalism. Wondering if anyone can provide information about high quality locking gas caps for this model. Thanks in advance.
      Hello, welcome to the forum. Please fill out your profile and signature block.

Does your boat have a permanently mounted gas tank? If so, Perko makes locking caps as well as complete deck fill assemblies with locking caps. Suppliers such as West Marine carry them.
      1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
      2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
      Anacortes, WA

Comment

Hello and welcome to BOC! As you have already found out this is the place to get answers to boating related questions. NortonRider said to please fill out the profile and signature. It is easy to do. Be sure you are logged on, then click on the "Profile" tab. The signature section of the page can hold a lot of information about you, your boat, location etc. It will help others to help you. There could be another BOC member right near you with the same model boat and a great deal of experience. You won't know though until you fill in the signature. Thanks for joining.

Greg
        Newport, Oregon
        South Beach Marina
        1986 3270 with twin 110 HP Hino diesels. Name of boat "Mr. Darcy"
        Past work history: Prototyping, tooling, and repair for Reinell,. General fiberglass boat repair starting in 1976.
        Also worked as heavy equipment mechanic, and machinery mechanic for over 30 years.

Comment

Gas theft is not much in style these days really. With an internal tank it's really hard to siphon gas out. I suppose it can be done , I've done mine on the trailer with great difficulty. Still it's not something a couple of kids is likely going to do. It's just too hard and not worth it. I'd worry a lot more about easily swiped and sold goodies like Marine radios, stereos , outboard motors and the like.

Comment

Found these:

https://www.wholesalemarine.com/lock...SABEgLKDfD_BwE

https://www.wholesalemarine.com/perk...CABEgJ1__D_BwE

I just googled Marine locking gas cap. Hope this is what you were looking for.
            1998 BL Ciera 2655 Sunbridge LX (Special Edition)
            "Sea Flights"
            5.7L 2bbl w/Thunderbolt Ignition
            Alpha I Gen II Sterndrive with raw water cooling
            MFG Extra's - A/C, Fresh Water Engine Flush port, HWH and Windlass
            Docks @ Punta Gorda, Florida

Comment

Working...
            X