New Member-gctid823136

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member-gctid823136

Hi all I live in Sacramento ca Area , just purchased a 1973 20' something its a open cuddy with icebox, sink, stove

The motor will need some help ,Volvo 170 , somebody worked on it and dident finish , had distributor out and likly did not get it back right ,

Which lead to a search for the cause...... Any way first of many questions there is a vacume advance distributor in it ( havent looked under cap) i dont think thats right.

And are there any manuals that cover what ever modle Boat I have?

Thanks .

Welcome to the forum!!

The Volvo AQ170 is a great engine. You should not have vacuum advance. There is a good chance someone pulled an engine from a Volvo 160 or early 260 series car and dropped it in there at some point.

I would start with a compression and leak down test, then find top dead center firing for the number 1 cylinder, reinstall the distributor and wires, and go from there.
    Joel
    1987 3818 Hino 175
    "Knotty Girl"
    Prince Rupert B.C.

Comment

[attachment]40684 wrote:
      image.jpeg[/attachment][quote="ctp13" post=823136

Comment

Welcome to the BOC! Some pictures of the engine, distributor etc. might help you get answers. Also, please take a minute to fill out your profile page with info about the boat and the area where you live and use your boat. You could have a knowledgeable BOC member living near by.

Greg
        Newport, Oregon
        South Beach Marina
        1986 3270 with twin 110 HP Hino diesels. Name of boat "Mr. Darcy"
        Past work history: Prototyping, tooling, and repair for Reinell,. General fiberglass boat repair starting in 1976.
        Also worked as heavy equipment mechanic, and machinery mechanic for over 30 years.

Comment

Welcome to another cuddy owner!
          Rick
          "Our Dream" -- 2015 21' Bayliner 642, 4.3 MPI Mercruiser

"Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." Mark Twain

Comment

I have tried to post on my profile but it just seems to reject any attempt , but its likly me

Comment

Working...
            X