Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pcpete
    replied
    Welcome! Please take a minute and add your boat information and where you are on Vancouver Island, it's a long way from Victoria to Port Harty, so we can give you localized answers. The 32xx is a great boat as many here will attest.

Undoubtedly you had a survey conducted as you purchased the boat. Any concerns listed need to be addressed first. The next thing, for me, was to understand the mechanical and electrical systems and make notes in a spiral notebook for reference. After using the boat for nearly a year the book had been gathering dust until my youngest son was out last weekend (I'm in dry dock after spinal surgery) and had a question. First thing I told him was to look into the notebook. Most of the answer was there and were able to figure out the rest. You may have some spare parts from the previous owner but in any case I recommend having a spare set of belts, raw water pump and two sets of filters fore each engine along with the tools to install them. YouTube has lots of tutorials that will walk you through just about anything you need to do.

I am a proponent of "marriage savers" aka headset for communication. It beats the heck out of raising you voice to be heard and situations can be related at a normal voice even if it's a dropped fender or stern line about to end up around a propeller.

Get to know your dock neighbors. They are a constant source for sharing where to go and places yo have to see. Wear your pfds! That water is mostly cold and not easy to get out of if you didn't plan to be in it.

Think strongly about joining a yacht or boating club. Again, it's about getting to know fellow boaters and many of these are cruising oriented having planned and semi planned cruises as well as the opportunity to buddy boat with new friends. Look at several and find one that fits you and your vision.

Feel free to pm me if you have any questions. I'm happy to share any knowledge I have.

Leave a comment:

• Mr._Darcy
    replied
    Welcome to BOC! you came to the right place to get answers to questions about your 3288.

Please take a minute or two to fill out your profile page. Let us know a little more about your boat. Engine type and HP, etc.

Greg

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic New Member-gctid821736

New Member-gctid821736

My wife and I have recently purchased a 3288 Bayliner Motor Yacht and find it to be a very steep learning curve since neither of us owned a boat before. We recently retaired on Vancouver Island and thought that it would be great to explore the area over the next few years. Not ever owning a boat of this size or ever bating on salt water I joined this club with the hopes of talking to others that own a similar boat and can help me with maintenance and other things that I need to know.
Working...
X