Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member Washington state 1981 Mutiny-gctid820707

Hello all!

I just picked up a 1981 Bayliner Mutiny 17' that needs a little work. It's in pretty good shape mainly just needs cleaned and the seats replaced.

The boat has a 1978 Evinrude 115HP outboard. That's what has the most work that needs to be done. First thing it needs before I can troubleshoot much further is a remote control box.

I'm hoping y'all can help me while I do this "Vintage" ( Meaning expensive) restoration.

~Nick

Attached files

Welcome! You are correct about the cost of vintage restoration. I have a frame off Resto-mod '72 Nova in the garage that took me three years to complete. There is no way to compensate my hours invested and I might break even on the parts. Am I happy with the hobby cost? Oh, you bet! Ive been going through our 3818 for the last eleven months and the Admiral threatens my wallet every to the Visa bill arrives.

As to your project, I suggest creating spreadsheet, hard copy or computer, that lays out what needs to be done, the parts probably needed, sources and list pricing for the parts. Have it so you can insert additional jobs or parts. It's more about planning than tracking cost. You really don't want to tear out new work to install something you didn't realize needed to be done. Separate the hull and motor

Get the seats out and any carpet. Then it's time to really go looking for soft wood, not a disaster, but ugly /dirty to repair.

Where are you in Washington State? I love kibitzing on projects and sharing my experience. Add to that, I'm I'm "dry dock" for another five to ten weeks while my back surgery heals and lets just say I'm somewhat available.

Let us know what part of the state you live in and how we can help.

Again, Welcome.
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    MMSI 367770440

Comment

Working...
    X