Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at 1993 2452-gctid819534

Hi Everybody

I have been surfing this site for several years dreaming of the day when I would be able to purchase a 2452.

Finally the time has arrived and I will be going to look at one and hopefully purchase, I have spoken with the current owner a couple of times and he is holding it for me until I can make the drive of over 6 hours (unfortunately that is not until Aug 11th).

Are there any major concerns which I will need to pay special attention to on the 1993 model with a 5.0 alpha 1?

I have owned several boats in the past and I feel confident in performing my own survey but I was just wondering if there are any particulars with this model.

Thank you and any input would be helpful

You should look for a wet or rotten transom, wet engine stringers and bulkhead aft. of fueltank.

Most likely you will find this problems and do expect the fueltank to start leaking in the future, these are the most common problems.

I just finished rebuilding my own 2452 from 1995, which suffered all this things.

Good luck:P
    1995 Bayliner 2452
    Alpha 1 Gen II
    2016 - 5.7 Vortec 4BBL
    Full Closed Cooling

Comment

20 years the fuel tank leaks.

Do a pressure test of the tank.

Go to the main forums page scroll down to the owners list, click, and then to the 2452 thread, enjoy.
      Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Manalapan N.J

Comment

Thank you for the heads up.

I had heard about the problems with the transom but was unaware of the issue with bulkhead and stringers.

Now I know exactly where to poke around.

Comment

FWIW any boat of that age can have the same issues. Ask me how I know :silly:
          Dave
          Edmonds, WA
          "THE FIX"
          '93 2556
          Carbureted 383 Vortec-Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P

The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
          Misc. projects thread
          https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

This is the deal, the 2452 on the water for it's size handles fantastic, is comfortable for fishing or just cruising, and some stay on the boat overnight.

I replaced the elbows and spacers, alt. 2 batteries, fuel tank, belts, fuel pump, too many parts to remember, and installed a fume sniffer.

Not my first rodeo buying and bringing back from the dead a boat.

What you need is good " bones ".

Stringers shot, transom shot look elsewhere, buy a boat 2-3 years old, that way you can boat now, enjoy it now.

Tip: 2001 is the first year for the walk thru transom and the dog house disappeared. Flat deck, want a 2452 look for 2001 and latter.
            Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Manalapan N.J

Comment

Well I did it!

After checking everything I purchased the 2452.

The bulkhead behind the gas tank was dry and solid as a rock also the transom was dry with no sign of water or rot.

It turns out the boat had spent 10 years of its life inside a pole building.

The motor has excellent compression on all cylinders and appears to have very low hours.

Now it's time for downriggers, and all the electronics, I'm sure there are a few of you who won't mind helping me spend money on all that stuff over the winter to have it ready for next season.

Unfortunately I am in the middle of remodeling our house now so there will not be much time for the boat maybe a few outings just to see how she does.

I will post a few pics ounce I have some time

Comment

Congratulations, I hope everything will be ok:cheer:
                1995 Bayliner 2452
                Alpha 1 Gen II
                2016 - 5.7 Vortec 4BBL
                Full Closed Cooling

Comment

Working...
                X