Newbie-gctid814571

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie-gctid814571

Hello! After a few years of reading boc (I couldn't register due to no email account) and a new email account, I finally signed up after numerous unsuccessful attempts. Thanks to Matt for assistance.

I live in Pennsylvania and have a '95 Bayliner 2355 that I bought new. It spent it's summers slipped at Raystown Lake but sadly has not been used since 2005. It was put away winterized but circumstances arose and years passed by. Anyway I desperately miss the water and hope to get her back in next year. The drivetrain will need some extensive attention I'm sure. Since I'm not mechanically inclined, she'll be going to a dealer. Canvas also needs replaced but I have a local guy who has done outstanding work in the past. I will probably have some work to do on the trailer brakes and hubs also.

Good news is, the cabin still looks like new so I am getting excited again. In the meantime, I have a 66 monkey wards 12 footer that floats.

I will probably have some (lots?) questions along the way. Looking forward to reading boat stories this summer

congrats....
    2003 Bayliner 2152 Capri Cuddy | 5.0 Mercruiser w Alpha 1 drive | 220 HP | 21ft
    1977 Century 210 Raven Cuddy | 5.0 OMC 190 HP | 21ft.
    Washington DC & Lancaster, Va

Comment

Welcome Dave M!

Don't go selling yourself short. You may find that once you spend a little time reading through the things these folks have done on their own, get enough reference and procedural info to start tackling things yourself. More money for the cooler and fuel tank! Just start small and when in doubt,,,,don't.! I've learned a ton about boats and the differences in working on them compared to what I usually work with. One tip though which will help get the questions you will be coming across answered much more quickly and accurately will be for you to get back to your profile page and get to the "signature" section of your profile and fill in all the pertinent info about your specific boat (length, model, trim level, engine size, towing vehicle, etc) so when you do come up with stuff and post . your info will show at the bottom of your posts and , in theory, you could post in a particular subject areas before you crash for the night and guys on the west coast may pick up on it and you could have info waiting on you in the morning as opposed to having to wait for you to get back to them and answer their questions on the boat. And it'll get you in touch quicker with like model owners. That's always a good thing..... The "search" feature is an invaluable tool as well, And don't forget YouTube Univ LOL! In attend night classes there regularly and have learned that's a good one to hit before you start on projects instead of like my hard headed " How difficult can this be" self having to fall back and regroup because I needed more info that I thought.

Anyway,,,,,WELCOME!hope you enjoy BOC and have a blast on the water!

Dave
      Dave
      Restoring/ upgrading: 1990 Ciera Sunbridge 2655 ST, "One Particular Harbour"
      5.7 Mercruiser Alpha 1 Gen 1 (my floating retirement villa if it doesn't kill me first)
      Sold:
      1995 SeaPro 210 C/C "Hydro-Therapy"
      Mariner 150
      Towing with:
      2002 Ford F 350 7.3L Super Duty
      Near High Rock Lake, N.C.

Comment

Working...
      X