Removing bench seat for a 1994 2655 Bayliner-gctid812714

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing bench seat for a 1994 2655 Bayliner-gctid812714

Hello everyone. Can anyone tell me how to remove the seat portion of my bench seat to a 1994 2655 Bayliner. I want to have this reupholstered.

I would appreciate your help.

Cheers.
    1994 2655 Bayliner, 5.0 merc, bravo 1

Also how does the rear transom seat get removed. Tried today and it does not slide out off of the track. I don't want to take the entire track apart to take the seat out. This seems wrong.

Attached files

1994 2655 Bayliner, 5.0 merc, bravo 1

Comment

Pictures and more detailed description would help greatly as there were several styles and shapes. Mine has several screws coming up from the bottom as well as from the back, which were accessed from a drop down light fixture panel on the port side in the aft berth. I have removed the U shaped lounge seat in my 90 2655 Sunbridge and found the wood too rotted to bother recovering and am cutting replacements as well. Helpful tip to get more accurate replies: from your profile page, find and edit the "signature" portion with details info about your specific model, year, engine, drive, etc. That way it will show in each post and attract replies much quicker from owners with exact/ similar boats that should prove more accurate and with less initial correspondence to get more specifics from you before offering tips/ advice. Speaking of that, when I removed my seat I removed all the "blobs" of sealant from around each screw hole with a razor blade, polished and waxed the area the seat will cover. That will help any water that gets under it from washing, rain and normal use to quickly drain out. If the wood is good. I'd lightly sand all surfaces and apply either spar varnish of a good quality outdoor house paint. Upon install, don't forget to reapply those "blobs" of sealant back to the screw holes. Be generous. The goal is to not to nave to worry with ever having to remove the seat again and peace of mind ( and the pride in knowing) you have upgraded that area to a higher standard that production products sometimes get, granting more time enjoying than performing maintenance... These may help. There is supposed to be a back portion. This is the day I brought her home

Good luck!

Dave

Attached files

Dave
      Restoring/ upgrading: 1990 Ciera Sunbridge 2655 ST, "One Particular Harbour"
      5.7 Mercruiser Alpha 1 Gen 1 (my floating retirement villa if it doesn't kill me first)
      Sold:
      1995 SeaPro 210 C/C "Hydro-Therapy"
      Mariner 150
      Towing with:
      2002 Ford F 350 7.3L Super Duty
      Near High Rock Lake, N.C.

Comment

Working...
      X