Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Ciera 2556 Owner - Launching this Friday after 3 months of Restoring!-gctid810462

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Ciera 2556 Owner - Launching this Friday after 3 months of Restoring!-gctid810462

Oh my gosh! We purchased a 1991 Ciera 2556 Command Bridge in February. It was immaculately clean and was repowered (only 300hrs!). Unfortunately, we had to replace nearly everything else. (water pump, head pump, batteries, battery cables, wiring, thru-hull fittings, Y valve). Because it came with all the original fabrics, I decided to sew new window curtains, cuddy curtain and window coverings (ours had that awful 80's interior look of slate grey with flamingo pink paint splashes - like gag me with a spoon sort of deal). Now it is navy blue and white mariner stripes. I restored the head interior with new vinyl upholstery, new shower head and replaced the shower curtain and towel bar. Installed teak trim as well. Pumped and flushed the holding tank twice... no amount of airwik was going to get rid of the stench. Now, with the help of an odor absorber, the head smells like Copacabana Beach - that is until my husband and son get a hold of it this summer - haha.

With new bedding, cleaning and vacuuming we are finally ready to launch! I am looking forward to checking back on this site for interesting topics and perhaps I will post a few before/after pics of RoseMerry.

Thanks for the Welcome

Lorena & Rob with Dawson (9) and Boston Terrier, Mack (15months).
    "Rose Merry" moored in Blaine, WA - Salt
    1991 Ciera 2556 Command Bridge
    .454 7.4L Mercruiser / 9.9HP Mercury Kicker
    Furuno Radar/Depth Sounder/Chart Plotter/GPS

"A ship in the harbor is safer, it's true...but that's not what it was built for."

Welcome to BOC! Looks like you already know what boating (or owning a boat) is all about. It would be nice to see some photos. BTW, please fill out your profile page as it will help others help you.

Greg
    Newport, Oregon
    South Beach Marina
    1986 3270 with twin 110 HP Hino diesels. Name of boat "Mr. Darcy"
    Past work history: Prototyping, tooling, and repair for Reinell,. General fiberglass boat repair starting in 1976.
    Also worked as heavy equipment mechanic, and machinery mechanic for over 30 years.

Comment

Welcome! Looking forward to pictures and hearing about your adventures.
      Ted G
      The Great PNW

86 2850 Contessa SB
      Designers Edition
      Mercury 350 Mag
      290 Volvo DP

Comment

Welcome to the club! Undertaking an interior "facelift" myself. I too would like to see some pics.
        Dave
        Edmonds, WA
        "THE FIX"
        '93 2556
        Carbureted 383 Vortec-Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P

The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
        Misc. projects thread
        https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

Welcome. Look forward to pics!
          BOAT: 1991 - Bayliner 2556 Ciera Flybridge
          ENGINE: 357 Alpha 4V (275HP)
          OUTDRIVE: Alpha Gen 1
          RATIO: (to be updated)
          PROP: 15 1/2" X 15P
          NAME: "Knotty Oar"

Marine Search and Rescue Crew - http://rcmsar.com/rescue-stations/southern-region/north-vancouver/

Comment

Working...
          X