New Member-gctid802755

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member-gctid802755

Hi There fellow Bayliners. I just bought this Hardtop last week and took her out for the first time today. LOVED IT! I do have one question. I'd like to replace all the hoses and belts just to be safe. Is there a kit out there somewhere to make this task easier. By the way, she's a 1988 Trophy Hardtop with a 305c.i. in it.

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the boat!

Sometimes the best bet for spare parts is to remove the existing ones, and take them it and get them matched up. Things get changed over the years, and what fits one boat/engine/drive package, does not always fit another.
    Joel
    1987 3818 Hino 175
    "Knotty Girl"
    Prince Rupert B.C.

Comment

Thank You, I was hoping there might be a shortcut. I'll get busy tomorrow marking the old ones before I remove them. Thank you again for your help.

Comment

You can call Doug Russell or MichiganMotorz. Your 305 is simply a General Motors 5.0L (Your boat gets complicated because OMC used Ford and GM blocks, but in your case that didn't start until 1989) and I guarantee they have everything you need.

Alternately, you can grab part numbers and let your fingers Google around for them on the internet. You are being smart by replacing those. I would also recommend a full tuneup if the boat hasn't had one, and also a new impeller and a full fluids change.
        Matt Train
        BOC Site Team
        Chicagoland, IL

Comment

Thanks Matt, I'll contact them first thing in the morning. BTW, I might be new but I already LOVE this site.

Comment

Working...
          X