New Element 160 75Hp Owner and new to BOC-gctid748471

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Element 160 75Hp Owner and new to BOC-gctid748471

My wife and I just picked up a new Element 160 75HP on Sun. We were able to go out all day Sun and Monday. And I have to say we are not disappointed. This is our second boat, our first one got hit by a falling tree and wasn't worth repairing. Because of lake restrictions on boat length we couldn't get the xl. We have 5 kids and our old bowrider would get cramped quickly. We considered a pontoon or the bowrider 175 but after weighing everything out this was the clear winner. And before you say we are oveloading the boat we are not all on it at once. We have a beach on the lake and we go out in shifts. I want to say thanks to everyone on the site, we used it as a resource in helping with the decision. Lot's of great information and people here. Thanks for helping to put a smile on my kids faces this weekend. (Oh and mine to).

Cheers,

Fred

We have the 75hp Element 160 as well. Our family of four loves it for cruising the lakes and rivers near my house :lol:

There are plenty of great tips on this site concerning the in's and out's of the Element 160
    2016 75hp Element 160 w/ Smart Tabs & Sponson Drains

Comment

Congratulations on your new boat. I bought the Element XL with a 115hp the last week of June 2016. The first few times we went our after the break in period, We had 4 adults in the boat, which has a 9 person capacity. The boat really struggled to pull me up on a slalom ski, which was discouraging. I switched to a 4 blade prop with the same pitch as my stock 3 blade prop based on Mercury and Bayliner recommendation and wow what a good upgrade. So, if you decide you need more torque/hole shot, then go 4 blade right off the bat. The loss of top end is unnoticeable.

Comment

welcome to the forum...I too have a 160/75 (2015)...I love this outfit...plenty of space and speed...good luck, worm

Comment

Working...
        X