2556 Ciera Sunbridge-gctid715115

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2556 Ciera Sunbridge-gctid715115

Hi folks, I'm a newbie and hope I can help Bayliner lovers and get help regarding my 1993 2556 diesel Bayliner.

I'm hoping with my first post that someone could advise me on prop size. I currently have a Bravo 2 leg running an 18 3/4" diameter prop with a pitch of 17". I'm not reaching WOT revs and can only get a top speed of 16 knots on a good day. My engine is a Mercruiser D219 putting out about 180 horses.

Any info would be most grateful.

Hello and welcome to BOC! Someone with knowledge about your boat should get back to you soon!

Please remember to fill out your profile.'

Greg
    Newport, Oregon
    South Beach Marina
    1986 3270 with twin 110 HP Hino diesels. Name of boat "Mr. Darcy"
    Past work history: Prototyping, tooling, and repair for Reinell,. General fiberglass boat repair starting in 1976.
    Also worked as heavy equipment mechanic, and machinery mechanic for over 30 years.

Comment

Welcome Aboard !
      Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Manalapan N.J

Comment

"Mcclown" post=715115 wrote:
        Hi folks, I'm a newbie and hope I can help Bayliner lovers and get help regarding my 1993 2556 diesel Bayliner.

I'm hoping with my first post that someone could advise me on prop size. I currently have a Bravo 2 leg running an 18 3/4" diameter prop with a pitch of 17". I'm not reaching WOT revs and can only get a top speed of 16 knots on a good day. My engine is a Mercruiser D219 putting out about 180 horses.

Any info would be most grateful.
        You won't get much help, since 99.9999% of those boats are gas, and nearly all of them over here are gas. I don't think this was a factory offering, so yours would have been swapped.
        Matt Train
        BOC Site Team
        Chicagoland, IL

Comment

Haha thanks, I think you're right, it's a bit of an odd ball.

Comment

Love the boat, but that is the most unique power package I've heard of on the 2556.

Wish I could be more help! The best 25' flybridge boat in the world
            Tally and Vicki
            "Wickus" Meridian 341
            MMSI 338014939

Comment

Hi there welcome aboard someone here should be able to help some pics of your boat engine bay etc would be nice what is your gear ratio, anyhow enjoy the boat

Cheers Murray

Comment

Assuming the boat bottom is clean, how shy are you of max WOT rpm? I believe the Bravo 2 can take up to a 20" diameter prop. You want to decrease pitch by 1 inch for every 200 rpm you're shy. Give us more info, and welcome to the BOC!
                Jeff & Tara
                (And Ginger too)
                Lake Havasu City, AZ

2000 Bayliner 3388
                "Sea Ya"
                Cummins 4bta 250s

In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

This video shows the same engine in a 2556, and it looks like he is getting 23 knots? Maybe you could find out from the owner of the YouTube video what setup he was running. He mentioned he was selling the motor in his comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKM0bUKQiWA

Comment

I would start by checking the gear ratio on that B2...
                    Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
                    Uniflite 42 AC, DD 671N
                    93 3058 sold
                    92 2855 (day boat)
                    91 Fourwinns 205 (lake boat)
                    Longbranch WA
                    Life is Good

Comment

Welcome to the forum!!

As others have stated, lets start with as much info as possible.

What is the max rpm of your engine?

What rpm are you able to reach now?

What is your gear ratio?

Is the bottom clean?
                      Joel
                      1987 3818 Hino 175
                      "Knotty Girl"
                      Prince Rupert B.C.

Comment

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but I've just got my boat out the water to find out the gear ratio which is 2.20:1

My engine should be able to sit at 3600rpm but I'm lucky to achieve 3200 and my top speed is 16 knots.

The bottom is totally clean and the engine I'm pretty sure is putting out lots of horses.

Any help in fitting a better prop would be great, I would be as sick as a dog if I spent £500 on one that didn't perform any better than the current one.

Thanks again - Mr McClown

Comment

I think I've the same boat with the same engine. Has anybody a PDF about this lovely boat and about this engine?

Thanks a lot!

Images and information available in German language: http://kaineugebauer.de/bayliner-255...ommand-bridge/
                          My boat: http://kaineugebauer.de/bayliner-255...ommand-bridge/
                          My port: http://yachtclub-forchheim.de
                          My business: https://plastes.de

Comment

Working...
                          X