Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BAYLINER NEWBIE-gctid695206

Hi all.

My name is Chris and having decided my latest mid life crisis was going to be a boat, well here I now am as the proud owner of a Bayliner 1850 capri.

My boat is a 2002 model with some great bits and some other parts needing some TLC which I am slowly working through with the huge help of youtube and the internet.

I have had to re brake my trailer along with a new damper and lighting due to general neglect and also so bits and bobs on the boat, but as yet everything is going smoothly.

I have now winterised her with help from google and youtube but I am busy buying bits and bobs and towable toys ready for our fantastic summers here in sunny England.

I have found and joined BOC while searching for problem solving information and hopefully I will someday be experienced enough to pass on some wisdom of my own.

You have a great site here and I thank you for letting me join.

Many thanks

Chris

Welcome to the forum!!
    Joel
    1987 3818 Hino 175
    "Knotty Girl"
    Prince Rupert B.C.

Comment

Welcome to the pond Many, many great ideas and expiriences here from the members. Don't be afraid to ask any question as we were all "newbies" at one time. Be sure to use the "search" for anything in particular. I find much of my info on the "bowriders" forum which is very specific for our boats.
      Hell, Michigan (yes we really live in a city named "Hell" in Michigan)
      2012 BR 185 - 3.0 TKS
      1999 Chaparral 233 Sunesta Ltd., 5.0 Volvo
      1985 Harris Flotebote Classic 240
      1993 Yamaha Waverunner III VXR
      1993 Yamaha Waverunner III
      1995 Yamaha Waverunner III GP
      1995 Yamaha Waverunner III VXR PRO

Comment

Hey Chris good to have another Britt in the club, our numbers are growing. The boat looks good, have you experience to boat before, if not you may wish to do a course, it is so helpful ....where are you based. This is a great site and the guys are awesome. Happy times ahead, Marty :whistle:

Comment

Welcome Aboard !
          Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Manalapan N.J

Comment

Hi Marty,

I live near Rochdale which isn't far from Manchester and so not very close to any water that doesn't have any speed restrictions but really hoping to get some use out of it this coming summer up at lloch Lomond or maybe the welsh coast. Already bought some inflatable toys so hopefully some great family days to be had.

Where about are you based?

My friend has a boat so I kind of pick his brains for most things along with youtube I am managing to bodge my way through most things although I am sure some coarses would show that I know very little. Can you recommend any courses that I should look into?

Comment

Royal Yachting Assoc power boat level two, will teach you all you need to know, and you get a licence with your photo to show you are capable of boating up to 36 feet boats. Radio course would be Handy too, makes you more confident if things go wrong or you hear a call for help etc, including talking to coastguards or harbour masters...we all make mistakes on boats and other boaters will laugh at you, but they will be the first to help you out or give you advice .....I live near Dover Kent , can see France from my beach only 22 miles over the sea.....enjoy your boating, have fun keep safe....Marty.....

Comment

Welcome
                Midnight Star
                1996 3587
                Twin diesels, Hino 250's
                Ladysmith, BC
                History: 1996 - 2655, 2001 - 2855, 1984 - 3270

Comment

Working...
                X