Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soon to be Element XL Owner-gctid681749

Good Morning All

We are going to be purchasing an Element XL as early as this weekend. We have most of our options picked out. We are on the fence about the Bow Filler Cushion and Trailering/Storage Cover. Does anyone have either of these options and are they worth the $$$? The bow filler cushion just doesn't seem worth it and the trailer cover is very expensive for what you get IMO. The options we are definitely getting are:

ÔÇó 115 HP Mercury 4-Stroke

ÔÇó Cockpit Cover

ÔÇó Bimini Top w/Boot

ÔÇó Desert Sand Interior

ÔÇó 6 gal/22.7L Additional Fuel Tank

ÔÇó Waterproof 120-watt AM/FM Stereo w/Audio Input for iPod & Mp3

ÔÇó Folding Watersports Arch

If your boat will sit outside, you definitely need the storage cover. If not from Bayliner, then have a local canvas shop make one for you.

The bow filler cushion will be great if you plan to do a lot of sunning, otherwise it might be in the way.

One thing I do think you can skip is the extra fuel tank. You can do another 12gal tank for the same price on your own if you're even a little bit handy.
    Matt Train
    BOC Site Team
    Chicagoland, IL

Comment

I would check to see if the cover has the snaps or is it the pull tie-strings with straps that tie to the trailer. The snaps will allow you to use the cover when moored to the dock as well as when trailering. The other type is not designed for mooring while at the dock. It covers up the cleats that you need to tie the boat to the dock. If it's not the one with the snaps, forget it. For the same $$$ you can have one custom made.

Oakplank
      Parry Sound, Ontario Canada
      2014 Bayliner Element with Mercury 60 HP EFI Big Foot OB
      12 foot aluminum fishing boat

Comment

It covers up the cleats that you need to tie the boat to the dock.
        My element came with the mooring cover that has a strap around the perimeter of the boat with a ratchet tightener, and tie down straps as well. The dock cleats are exposed through holes in the cover, allowing the boat to be moored while covered. I also have towed mine with the cover on. The cover also protects some of the gelcoat from uv exposure that wouldn't be as protected with a snap on cover.

I also have the bow filler seat. I use it fairly often, storing under the bow cushions. When in place, it makes a nice space underneath for another cooler or bin. Or for a kid to go to get out of the wind.

Comment

I removed my bow cushion. It stops access to the anchor hatch. As well, we often board from the bow and would have to step on the cushion. My advice is don't bother with getting one. My two cents Worth.
          Peter Walter-Smith
          Riverport of Goolwa, South Australia
          2014 Bayliner Element XL
          115HP Mercury EFI

Comment

"Download_Complete" post=681752 wrote:

One thing I do think you can skip is the extra fuel tank. You can do another 12gal tank for the same price on your own if you're even a little bit handy.
            X2

I can even send you the Amazon parts list.

Comment

If you have a parts list, that would be great. I'm a handy person so I know I could piece it together. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Here are the parts I ordered from Amazon. I also purchased a few feet of low perm fuel line from my local boat shop. My aux fuel tank I got at Wally world.

I can give better detailed parts list tomorrow if you have any questions.

Tom

Comment

"mjoseph20" post=681749 wrote:
                  Good Morning All

We are going to be purchasing an Element XL as early as this weekend. We have most of our options picked out. We are on the fence about the Bow Filler Cushion and Trailering/Storage Cover. Does anyone have either of these options and are they worth the $$$? The bow filler cushion just doesn't seem worth it and the trailer cover is very expensive for what you get IMO. The options we are definitely getting are:

ÔÇó 115 HP Mercury 4-Stroke

ÔÇó Cockpit Cover

ÔÇó Bimini Top w/Boot

ÔÇó Desert Sand Interior

ÔÇó 6 gal/22.7L Additional Fuel Tank

ÔÇó Waterproof 120-watt AM/FM Stereo w/Audio Input for iPod & Mp3

ÔÇó Folding Watersports Arch
                  Great Choice....I leave the filler cushion in all the time, everyone including 2 kids and cousins love sitting in the bow. I use the Bimini all the time.

Comment

3 of: Dixon BN253 Brass Hose Fitting, Adapter, 3/8" NPTF Male x 5/16" Hose ID Barbed $2.59 each

1 of: SeaSense NPT Female Three Way Valve, 3/8-Inch $15.49

1 of: Precision Brand M6S Micro Seal, Miniature All Stainless Worm Gear Hose Clamp, 5/16" - 7/8" (Pack of 10) $3.85

1 of: Attwood Universal Male and Female Sprayless Connector, $7.99

A few feet of low perm fuel line

and Attwood fuel tank from walmart

Comment

Thanks for the help everyone! It is appreciated.

Comment

How much does the element xl weigh with trailer? i have a Kia Sorrento V6 and would like to know if I can pull it. Sorrento is rated to pull 3500lbs.

Comment

The approx weight of the boat is 2000 lbs. I'm guessing boat, trailer, and some gear/fuel weights is ~2,800 lbs.

Comment

Buy the filler cushion, if you don't like it, I'll buy it from you lol (seriously though)... I'm in Canada and it's impossible to get one... Where are you located?

Comment

Does anyone know what is make and model of the trailer the element xl seats on I would like to how much the trailer weights and what kind of spare should be bought for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X