Plastic filler neck down the gas intake Bayliner 250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plastic filler neck down the gas intake Bayliner 250

Hello, I was hoping for some help concerning my Bayliner 250 with a Mercruiser 5.0. While in the process if filling my gas tank the filler neck of the gas can broke off and went down the pipe. I believe this peice hasnt gone into the tank, but is currently stuck in the pipe and was hoping to get it out. I am currently trying to remove the gas hose from the tank right mow but after loosening the clamps at the point where the hose meets the tank itself the hose is still snugly tight to the tank and Im worried to mess with it any further. Im curious if there is some type of bond at each end of the pipe or if there is a specific tool I need to use for the pipe. In any case I hope you guys can help me before I do something dumb.
    Here are some pics: https://imgur.com/a/EhDvnDg

The hose is just stuck.. very common.
    if you have the clamps removed you can try a pair of channel lock pliers and try to twist the hose on the filler nipple.. or...
    they do make what is called a radiator hose hook, that can be used to get under the end of the hose and then worked around to get the bond broke so the hose can be removed.. wd40 sprayed on the hook and the hose will lubricate it so its easier to work around between the hose and the filler nipple

NU LIBERTE'
    Salem, OR

1989 Bayliner 2556 Convertible
    5.7 OMC Cobra - 15.5x11 prop
    N2K equipped throughout..
    2014 Ram 3500 crew cab, 6.7 Cummins
    2007 M-3705 SLC weekend warrior, 5th wheel
    '04 Polaris Sportsman 700 -- '05 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO
    Heavy Equipment Repair and Specialty Welding

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the reply ill give it a shot

Comment