Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PNW boaters - what heating systems are recommended for Live Aboard ?-gctid677416

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone try these Planar diesel heaters?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/2014116...chn=ps&lpid=82

Look very similar to these...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Espar-Airtro...ff7bb0&vxp=mtr
    Esteban
    Huntington Beach, California
    2018 Element 16
    Currently looking for 32xx in South Florida
    Former Bayliners: 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

I don't know anything about the Planar units, but the AirTronic D5 is an awesome unit. I'll be looking at that one as a replacement for the one I have now someday.
      Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

iBoatNW

1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

Comment

"Norton Rider" post=677522 wrote:
        "Alan Teed" post=677521 wrote:
        Bear in mind you will also need to run air ducting and have an exhaust port which is unconstricted and can blow hot exhaust without getting close to anything moored immediately next to the exhaust.
        LOL.... A few years ago my buddy caught a dock on fire with his heater exhaust. :blush:
        I once saw a boat with a fender hung right in front of the heater exhaust. That fender melted like you would not believe. Pretty much turned to goopy black liquid and ran down the side of the boat. He was very lucky that it didn't catch fire.
        Mike P
        The Bahamas
        Formerly Vancouver BC, Bermuda and The Grenadine Islands.

Click here to hear my original music, FREE to download to your computer or iPod.

Comment

"Stratocaster" post=679150 wrote:
          "Norton Rider" post=677522 wrote:
          "Alan Teed" post=677521 wrote:
          Bear in mind you will also need to run air ducting and have an exhaust port which is unconstricted and can blow hot exhaust without getting close to anything moored immediately next to the exhaust.
          LOL.... A few years ago my buddy caught a dock on fire with his heater exhaust. :blush:
          I once saw a boat with a fender hung right in front of the heater exhaust. That fender melted like you would not believe. Pretty much turned to goopy black liquid and ran down the side of the boat. He was very lucky that it didn't catch fire.
          My buddy's incident was quite hilarious. He and his wife were asleep in their GB-42 at a marina guest dock. She woke him up at 4:00 AM or so and told him she smelled smoke. He got up and saw a glow coming from the salon windows. He ran outside with a fire extinguisher and started fighting the fire. Then he grabbed a water hose and continued. By the time the fire was out, the commotion had woken up a number of the other cruisers on the guest dock. It was then that he realized that all he was wearing were his BVDs. :P
          1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
          2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
          Anacortes, WA

Comment

Working...
          X