Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3270 Windlass controls

Hi all...
    We take possession of our 3270 next weekend (Aug. 31) and we trying to figure out if there are remote windlass controls located at the lower interior helm? We live 2 1/2 hrs from where the boat is currently moored and it's one of those little things one doesn't think of till you need it!
    (More accurately.....my wife has in the past been 'assigned' to anchor duty on our previous boat, so she's wondering if she'll get a reprieve!)

Any input??

Hello,

Yes, my 1986 3270 has a toggle on the dash at the lower helm. It also has a foot switch that is located up by the windlass. I am not sure the foot switch is a "stock" item or not but it was on the boat when we bought it. The foot switch is made "live" by switching an additional toggle that is also on the lower helm dash. This works well so that if the toggle is not in the "on" position, the foot switch is not active so it is not accidently triggered while moving around on the bow.

Keith
    1986 3270, twin 110 Hinos
    Olympia, WA

Comment

Here are some pictures of my lower helm. You can see a switch that is labeled anchor. That one makes the foot switch on the bow "active". The other switch that says "windlass" with up and down actually controls the windlass from the helm location. Hope this helps.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20190829_103957.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	303.7 KB
ID:	533648Click image for larger version

Name:	20190829_103941.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	264.9 KB
ID:	533649
      Attached Files
      Keith
      1986 3270, twin 110 Hinos
      Olympia, WA

Comment

My 3288 has a switch under the main interior helm byt doesn't work, only foot button up on bow does, unless not sure about foot button disable switch, mine also is only the up windlass and was considering switching to up and down, remote down would be good !!!

Comment

You need to check and make sure that the original setup, with just the foot switches, nevertheless uses a “reversing relay” to connect to the windlass motor. Apparently some models with just the foot switches have not used a relay since the foot switches can handle the current (may be 40 amp) that the windlass motor may draw. If you use additional switches in parallel with the foot switches those switches and their associated cables must be able to handle large currents. Best solution is to install a reversing windlass relay and connect both the foot switches and dashboard switches to the relay.

Click image for larger version  Name:	figurler_Edited.pptx copy 2.jpg Views:	2 Size:	227.1 KB ID:	541260
          Retired, computer expert / executive
          Bayliner 285 Cruiser / Mercruiser QSD 4.2L 320 HP Diesel
          Live in the Bay Area, CA, USA, boat in Turkey
          D-Marin @ Turgutreis in Bodrum/Turkey
          [email protected]
          [email protected]

Comment

Working...
          X