Window rubbler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window rubbler

I'am the new owner of a1982 Explorer # 3270. How do I change out the rubber on the sliding windows. I can't put the glass out from the inside or out.
    I need to replace the rubber in them ASAP!

the window rubber is usually just setting in there... (it has little wings on the sides of it to keep it secure in the channel)
    open the windows all the way to one end, then in the CENTER of the opening use a pick or screwdriver to pry the rubber up out of the channel.... then pull it to lift the end free and out of the channel.... then pull it out from under the glass.
    or do the top one first..... as soon as they are both out, you can then lift the glass enough to get the lower edge to slip out of the channel to remove the glass....BUT, if you plan to remove the glass, make SURE you mark the location of the glass, as sometimes the frames arent as perfectly symmetrical as they should be, and the glass may have been custom cut for that position, and so they may not close right in a different position or if reversed, such as windows that are trapazoidal shaped but with slightly different angles cut on the ends...

NU LIBERTE'
    Salem, OR

1989 Bayliner 2556 Convertible
    5.7 OMC Cobra - 15.5x11 prop
    N2K equipped throughout..
    2014 Ram 3500 crew cab, 6.7 Cummins
    2007 M-3705 SLC weekend warrior, 5th wheel
    '04 Polaris Sportsman 700 -- '05 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO
    Heavy Equipment Repair and Specialty Welding

Comment

I’m not sure if you’re talking about the weather stripping that surrounds the window. I just replaced mine. Here is a link to a thread on the topic of replacing the weather stripping. https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...ad-gctid682613 . I purchased the replacement weather stripping from DK Harware.

Comment

Not sure if this is the right place ,, I hav a 2014 Bayliner 175 with a 3.0 at idling speed the temp is good and when I rev it up the temp goes up to set the alarm off ,, it is pumping water at idling but when rev up it stops pumping ?? Would it be impeller ?? Thanks

Comment

• Centerline2
          Centerline2 commented
          Editing a comment
          this thread is about windows... you should click on light blue box at the upper left that says, "+ new topic" in the forum that is most appropriate.... this will let you post your own thread, rather than trying to piggy back on someone elses old thread... much better response that way...

but... yes, it sounds like an impeller problem. you dont build as much heat at an idle, and the short broken nubs of the impeller may still passivley push a small amount of water... when you increase the rpm, the nubs cavitate and cant push enough water to keep up with the increasing heat...
      Working...
      X