Current California Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current California Issues

Hey California voters.....Look and see the results of dishonest politicians,special interest groups and lawyers. Enjoy your time being one with nature, no electricity,water, losing the food in your freezers/refridges, no gas stations, no atm's, cash only transactions and best of all........NO CELL or Internet service. BTW hows the electric car going to work out!https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/california-power-outages-to-deter-wildfires/sl-AAIvDaH?OCID=PrimeSpotlight

yep...can thank the looney libbys that run this frickin state
    1997 Bayliner Trophy 2352
    5.7 Mercruiser/Alpha I Gen II /Full Closed Cooling
    San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

the more people I meet the more I love my dogs !

Comment

The Environmental and Political WACKO'S should be pleased. However pretty hard to have your morning Moca Latte with no power to make it. imagine people will be forced to have a actual conversation without the use of a mobile device.....OH NO...no access to social media....I see a end to society as they used to have it in NOCAL.....Here come the ZOMBI'S

Comment

lol, that's probably how the show "The Walking Dead" was formed. Based on actual Cali experience. Dano, do you have a backup Genset or are you going dark for a couple days?
        1990 2755 - sold
        2005 275 current vessel

Comment

From someone who has had to run off Generator Power for a extended period. My 5500W Generac runs 12 hr on 5 gals maxload....so just to run a week figuire 30+gals of gas. Since gas stations will not have internet access to run credit cards...it will be cash only. Then will have issues of generator theft and or deaths from people running them in their garages....will be a mess!

Comment

• hookemdano
            hookemdano commented
            Editing a comment
            good to know

Originally posted by Rick_Kenyon View Post
          lol, that's probably how the show "The Walking Dead" was formed. Based on actual Cali experience. Dano, do you have a backup Genset or are you going dark for a couple days?
          I live in SoCal......we arent quite as crazy are the extreme loons to the north...

I have NO backup... I cant remember the last time we lost power...BUT...I have plenty of beer and ice to get through this "storm"
          San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

Comment

• Rick_Kenyon
            Rick_Kenyon commented
            Editing a comment
            yeah, and keep plenty of ammo on hand in case the illegals decide to loot for what they need. You know, a lot of times when the power goes out the residents of the hood decide the man has too many Big Screen TV's and other electronic stuff in the stores and they decide to help distribute it around the community. Never quite understood how a blackout was justification for looting, but then, guess I need to learn the reason why?

• hookemdano
            hookemdano commented
            Editing a comment
            plenty of double ott...IF they get through the dogs

California has a law...

Electrical utilities can be held liable for the damages cause by a fire started by their power lines even if they are not negligent in maintaining their system.

Here is the reality.

You have a power line. The power line is in the center of a 50’ easement.

You can only cut down the trees in the easement.

You have then only 25 horizontal feet on each side of the power line that you can clear of trees.

Trees outside the easement will fall during a high wind event, hitting the power line.

When conditions are dry the tree will not cause enough current to trip the breaker upstream.

The tree catches on fire, and starts a forest fire.

The utility did nothing wrong, but in California they are liable.

so... They cut power to save their ass.

KEVIN SANDERS
          4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
          where are we right now​​​​​​???​

https://share.findmespot.com/shared/...j23OquWOj2N3Xe

Comment

Yes they’re liable, but who is kidding who. It’s terrible that people are injured or die and property is destroyed but guess who pays? Everybody who uses the power. It gets passed back through their rates to all rate payers. Kinda like the car accident lawyers suing insurance companies. In the end we all pay. State regulators aren’t Going to allow insurance companies or utility companies to go broke without trying to recover those costs in their rates.
            1990 2755 - sold
            2005 275 current vessel

Comment

• Iproff
              Iproff commented
              Editing a comment
              So are candles your alternative answer

• ksanders
              ksanders commented
              Editing a comment
              Backup generators are the answer.

I lived in California for 55 years. I have never seen out of control fires causing the magnitude of death and destruction like we have seen over the past decade ... and look at the demographics of the hardest areas hit.

Take a look at the power distribution map and tell me how major cities remain with power while certain suburbs surrounding the big cities go dark ... and the source of power is the same.

It does not make sense what has been happening in California.

This is a politically manufactured crisis just like the California wars and water shortage crisis was and is.

There is some really bad stuff happening in California these days. The politicians are as corrupt as they come.

Take a look at the power distribution map and tell me how major cities remain with power while certain suburbs surrounding the big cities go dark ... and the source of power is the same.
            It's all a dream
            '03 245 5.7/BIII & '07 Sedona pontoon

Comment

“This is Third World” California Utility Company Cuts Off Electricity to Nearly 1 Million People to ‘Prevent Wildfires’

It's all a dream

Comment

There is no amount of $$ that could entice me to live in California or New York.
                Rick Grew

1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

2004 Past Commodore
                West River Yacht & Cruising Club
                www.wrycc.com

Comment

Originally posted by RGrew176 View Post
                  There is no amount of $$ that could entice me to live in California or New York.
                  It's wouldn't help anyway. You would need lots of $$$$ just to break even with the cost of living difference and then you would be living in a living hell. People are leaving places like California and New York in droves ... not because it costs too much ... because of the quality of life ... or lack of it. Some locations are better than others but if you live near LA or SF it gets real bad.
                  It's all a dream

Comment

I still have power this morning...I guess here in the San Diego area...the winds are to be from noon today through 6pm friday....BUT...it is always to the east of here

in my area we are "never" affected by the santa ana winds
                    San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

Comment

There is something very wrong going on in California

Porter Ranch, Saddleridge fire. Fire coming from manholes.
                      It's all a dream

Comment

86 deaths from the Camp Fire a year ago. Caused by downed power lines. They don't want a repeat. Can't blame them.
                        89 2459 Trophy
                        350 Mag Mpi
                        Bravo III 24 Pitch
                        Vancouver, BC

Comment

Working...
                        X