Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More people killed in 2018 with hammers, knives, and...feet...than rifles.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    More people killed in 2018 with hammers, knives, and...feet...than rifles.

    So why the focus on the black semi-auto rifle with removable magazines?
    https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...=socialnetwork
    Esteban
    Huntington Beach, California
    Former Bayliners 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952
    Currently looking for 32xx in South Florida

    #2
    Media driven bullshit, that''s why.
    Jeff & Tara
    (And Ginger too)
    Lake Havasu City, AZ

    2000 Bayliner 3388
    "GetAway"
    Cummins 4bta 250s

    In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

    Comment


      #3
      Brett Kavanaugh said it best when he said (and I’m paraphrasing here) that he sees know difference between a semi auto pistol and a semi auto rifle, especially given that semi auto pistols account for far more deaths than semi auto rifles

      KEVIN SANDERS
      4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
      where are we right now​​​​​​???​

      https://share.findmespot.com/shared/...j23OquWOj2N3Xe

      Comment


        #4
        It's not just the black semi-auto rifle with removable magazines ... it's a incremental process to disarm American's so that the true agenda is not so obvious.

        As we see with the current state of our government and society ... the ultimate plan is to destroy the American dream and sovereignty.
        It's all a dream
        '03 245 5.7/BIII & '07 Sedona pontoon

        Comment


          #5
          I agree with Don on this one. This is just the first step in the process Of citizen disarmament. It needs to be blocked by the SCOTUS now.
          1990 2755 - sold
          2005 275 current vessel

          Comment


            #6
            If the democrats could they would disarm America tomorrow. Fortunately for us and unfortunately for them there is that pesky 2nd amendment thingy.
            Rick Grew

            1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

            2004 Past Commodore
            West River Yacht & Cruising Club
            www.wrycc.com

            Comment


              #7
              3 Questions.
              Were hammers, knives, and feet designed with the purpose of killing?
              Are guns designed for the purpose of killing?

              Would you feel better if we said that there should be some control over “things” (instead of using the word “gun”) designed with the purpose of killing? I don’t believe the 2nd. amendment gives you The Right to Own Things.
              Parry Sound, Ontario Canada
              2014 Bayliner Element with Mercury 60 HP EFI Big Foot OB
              12 foot aluminum fishing boat

              Comment


                #8
                Why does the tool design matter? Guns are legally used for hunting. Hammers are legally used for pounding nails. However they both can be illegally used for killing. So why does the design purpose matter?
                1990 2755 - sold
                2005 275 current vessel

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Rick_Kenyon View Post
                  Why does the tool design matter? Guns are legally used for hunting. Hammers are legally used for pounding nails. However they both can be illegally used for killing. So why does the design purpose matter?
                  You are right, guns are designed for KILLING animals and anything else that it’s aimed at.
                  You are correct that you can kill someone with a hammer. However, that is not what it’s intended for. Guns are intended for the sole purpose of killing, not to hammer a nail into a piece of wood, just as a hammer is not designed for the purpose of killing an animal or a person.
                  Parry Sound, Ontario Canada
                  2014 Bayliner Element with Mercury 60 HP EFI Big Foot OB
                  12 foot aluminum fishing boat

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by oakplank View Post

                    You are right, guns are designed for KILLING animals and anything else that it’s aimed at.
                    You are correct that you can kill someone with a hammer. However, that is not what it’s intended for. Guns are intended for the sole purpose of killing, not to hammer a nail into a piece of wood, just as a hammer is not designed for the purpose of killing an animal or a person.
                    you're skewing the definition to your own agenda. You should admit, and I admit, that guns are designed to kill ANIMALS or in case of war, HUMANS. Since most folks I know who own guns are not at war with anyone, their use for guns is not for killing humans in spite of what you appear to want to portray them as. The mere fact that you can kill someone with one has no bearing on whether or not it should be allowed in public. Or, on the other side of the equation, people can and have killed other people with their hands. Does that mean we should amputate the hands of everyone and every newborn going forward, just to insure that they will not klll someone with their hands? Ubsurdity, as is your attempt at calling guns useless other than for killing humans, and thus arguing to ban them.

                    and besides, if our hands were amputated, we'd have to have speech recognition software to post these ridiculous arguments on the Political forum. And what would we use to vote for Trump in 2020? Voice recognition voting machines? I don't know if they have those yet.
                    1990 2755 - sold
                    2005 275 current vessel

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Rick_Kenyon View Post

                      you're skewing the definition to your own agenda. You should admit, and I admit, that guns are designed to kill ANIMALS or in case of war, HUMANS. Since most folks I know who own guns are not at war with anyone, their use for guns is not for killing humans in spite of what you appear to want to portray them as. The mere fact that you can kill someone with one has no bearing on whether or not it should be allowed in public. Or, on the other side of the equation, people can and have killed other people with their hands. Does that mean we should amputate the hands of everyone and every newborn going forward, just to insure that they will not klll someone with their hands? Ubsurdity, as is your attempt at calling guns useless other than for killing humans, and thus arguing to ban them.

                      and besides, if our hands were amputated, we'd have to have speech recognition software to post these ridiculous arguments on the Political forum. And what would we use to vote for Trump in 2020? Voice recognition voting machines? I don't know if they have those yet.
                      How many people (not animals) have been killed by guns this year who are not at war?
                      Nobody (other than the NRA) are saying that they want to take your guns from you altogether. If you are a hunter and, therefore, need a hunting riffle, no problem if you are a mentally well balanced person. However, when was the last time you went hunting with an automatic assault quick firing killing machine?
                      i love driving my car and would not want the government take it away from me. However, I have no problem having the government not allow me to drive a Formula One racing car around town. Am I crying that the government is trying to take our cars away from us? That’s the difference. Owning a hunting rifle is one thing. Owning a mast destruction machine is another thing. Guns for hunting = yes, guns for mass killings = no.
                      Parry Sound, Ontario Canada
                      2014 Bayliner Element with Mercury 60 HP EFI Big Foot OB
                      12 foot aluminum fishing boat

                      Comment


                        #12
                        So according to you the AR-15 and it’s variants is for nothing but killing? It’s the most widely owned weapon in the US, so you are basically calling all Americans who own AR-15’s and the like Killers? I resent that label. I own two and I haven’t killed anyone and don’t plan to.
                        1990 2755 - sold
                        2005 275 current vessel

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by oakplank View Post

                          How many people (not animals) have been killed by guns this year who are not at war?
                          Nobody (other than the NRA) are saying that they want to take your guns from you altogether. If you are a hunter and, therefore, need a hunting riffle, no problem if you are a mentally well balanced person. However, when was the last time you went hunting with an automatic assault quick firing killing machine?
                          i love driving my car and would not want the government take it away from me. However, I have no problem having the government not allow me to drive a Formula One racing car around town. Am I crying that the government is trying to take our cars away from us? That’s the difference. Owning a hunting rifle is one thing. Owning a mast destruction machine is another thing. Guns for hunting = yes, guns for mass killings = no.
                          I guess you forgot Beto O'rourkes comments about a month or so ago. He clearly stated if elected he's coming for our AR-15's and AK-47's. Guess I am safe as I have an SKS. Quite frankly if it were not for that pesky 2nd amendment the dems would have already come for our weapons.
                          Rick Grew

                          1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

                          2004 Past Commodore
                          West River Yacht & Cruising Club
                          www.wrycc.com

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Oakplank you are correct.

                            The AR15 that i own was designed to do one thing, and do it well. It was designed to kill. Everything from the bullet used, to the way the rifle comes up to your shoulder was designed with one purpose in mind, battle. The killing of other Human Beings. The sights I have on mine are made by a company called Trijicon, and the sight is named ACOG, which stands for Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight.

                            My AR15 rests near my bed, where I can quickly get to it in case I have to defend myself or my family, yes to kill another in self defense.

                            Right now on the seat of my pickup there is a .45 ACP pistol. This pistol was made by Fabrique National and was their entry to be the new military issue pistol. It holds 15 rounds of 45 ACP ammunition. The 45 ACP cartridge was developed by John Browning to kill Human Beings. It is designed specifically to come to rest in a human chest cavity and not exit. The original design was a round nosed lead bullet, weighing 230 grains, and traveling 850 feet per second. It is perhaps the most lethal pistol round ever developed.

                            Oakplank, I have never used a firearm to defend myself. I have never harmed another human with a firearm, but I am prepared to do so. I am prepared to kill a human being, or multiple human beings if the need arises. Since I own firearms to defend myself it makes sense to have the very best tools for the job. Thats why I have a AR15, and a 45 ACP both with sucfficiently high capacity magazines to insure my ability to do just that, to defend myself.

                            Here in America we have laws that allow us to defend our selves. We also have constitutional rights that allow us to keep and bear firearms that make that possible.

                            KEVIN SANDERS
                            4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
                            where are we right now​​​​​​???​

                            https://share.findmespot.com/shared/...j23OquWOj2N3Xe

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by RGrew176 View Post

                              I guess you forgot Beto O'rourkes comments about a month or so ago. He clearly stated if elected he's coming for our AR-15's and AK-47's. Guess I am safe as I have an SKS. Quite frankly if it were not for that pesky 2nd amendment the dems would have already come for our weapons.
                              Can you quote anyone wanting to take away your hunting gun, other than what the NRA wants you to believe?
                              Parry Sound, Ontario Canada
                              2014 Bayliner Element with Mercury 60 HP EFI Big Foot OB
                              12 foot aluminum fishing boat

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X