Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious question for folk.....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Island Eddie View Post
    Facts....oh, like that Russia thing?
    You speak from ignorance, as you know nothing but that by heresy......

    I neither voted for Trump, nor like the man, and would love if Howard Schultz would reconsider running.

    However, I can sense folks who seem to have a real unhealthy bent on life, driven by fear.....by those who profit off of it.

    Here, do you understand this: “The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
    Rule by fear.
    It's all a dream
    '03 245 5.7/BIII & '07 Sedona pontoon

    Comment


      #17
      Guys, no I do not hate Canadians, and you guys know that. Silly question.

      I actually like the dialog, but i do get perplexed regarding the amount of time that someone in a neighboring country would spend even thinking about American politics.

      Mind you, I do not have a problem with it, but it is perplexing at times.

      Probably because I do not spend a lot of my time pondering things outside my country.

      But that is OK, each to his own, and again I enjoy the dialog.

      KEVIN SANDERS
      4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
      where are we right now​​​​​​???​

      https://share.findmespot.com/shared/...j23OquWOj2N3Xe

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by quorum View Post

        What in the name of titties are either of you talking about?

        Btw, Kevin, I noticed that you didn't reply in Don9's 'Democrats are Cannibals' thread but the one about Canadians got a response. Do you hate Canadians?
        Some things are best left uncommented on.

        KEVIN SANDERS
        4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
        where are we right now​​​​​​???​

        https://share.findmespot.com/shared/...j23OquWOj2N3Xe

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by ksanders View Post
          Guys, no I do not hate Canadians, and you guys know that. Silly question.

          I actually like the dialog, but i do get perplexed regarding the amount of time that someone in a neighboring country would spend even thinking about American politics.

          Mind you, I do not have a problem with it, but it is perplexing at times.

          Probably because I do not spend a lot of my time pondering things outside my country.

          But that is OK, each to his own, and again I enjoy the dialog.
          I must agree here. I believe you do like Canadians. But, I also think you just don’t like us saying anything negative about your president. The fact is that Trump is our target, not America nor the office of the president.
          Like I have said many time here, you are one of the rare Trump supporter that we can actually have a decent conversation with.
          Parry Sound, Ontario Canada
          2014 Bayliner Element with Mercury 60 HP EFI Big Foot OB
          12 foot aluminum fishing boat

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by oakplank View Post

            I must agree here. I believe you do like Canadians. But, I also think you just don’t like us saying anything negative about your president. The fact is that Trump is our target, not America nor the office of the president.
            Like I have said many time here, you are one of the rare Trump supporter that we can actually have a decent conversation with.
            Thanks!!!

            I enjoy our conversations, and yes I suppose I am protective of our current president.

            KEVIN SANDERS
            4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
            where are we right now​​​​​​???​

            https://share.findmespot.com/shared/...j23OquWOj2N3Xe

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Island Eddie View Post
              You can assume all you want, in the end you still having nothing but your opinion which is what you want to deny others from having....
              Fact is your arrogance is astounding, wanting to passively-aggressively discount OUR elective process of those WHO DID vote for Trump, for WHATEVER reason, duly elected.....

              But you cite the importance of your countries needs, based on your own beliefs, that these folks who in fact voted the man in, should be ridiculed, minimized, discounted because it does NOT fit YOUR needs....
              The gall of you man, amazing!
              Even testifying by your OWN experience that every person you have ever met/seen, has bad things to say about Trump, and that makes it gospel.......I call you a liar!
              You couldn't even get that result using the devil, Hitler, or the Wicked Witch of the East, or should I say, North

              You bet all you want, believe all you want, divide all you want......
              And when this type of behavior becomes the accepted norm, merely to get a man named Trump.......
              But they come for our right to pollute the waterways with our green gobbling machinery.....
              Remember, you let this mentality into the room.....we are now divided, and have no safe harbor, from them.

              Have a good day mate, I am through with tit and tatting on a friggin message board!
              Wow you ask a question then attack the people that answer it. It would appear that you didn't want an answer to your question just people to attack because you don't like their opinions.
              Watching crow being slowly eaten in the PNW.
              DT the village idiot strikes again.
              300SD all options.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Island Eddie View Post
                Why do some Canadians appear to worry about the USA and Trump so much......?

                You seem smitten, posting, regurgitating, talking points of savvy CNN truth reporters, or the DNC, or even that sweet tang AOC....

                Is it because you are worried you might lose the tit, upon which you suckle?
                damn good question...that not one of the canadians are able to answer Click image for larger version

Name:	clapping.gif
Views:	45
Size:	1.2 KB
ID:	536614
                1997 Bayliner Trophy 2352
                5.7 Mercruiser/Alpha I Gen II /Full Closed Cooling
                San Diego, CA

                HookEmDanO out ......

                the more people I meet the more I love my dogs !

                Comment


                  #23
                  Can only say I've had dealings with only 1 Canadian. Not a good person, but he would've been an ass regardless where he was spawned. Point being there's good and bad everywhere so to say anyone hates based on citizenship is a hard thing to understand.

                  I've had many a conversation with folks about their home country...mainly Mexico. Regardless of the bads they had, they all proudly spoke of the good. I get it...we Americans are the same and know there's bad, but get a tad defensive for an outsider to be throwing rocks.

                  Growing up, I fought with my brothers all the time....but you wouldn't touch any of us without fighting 3.
                  2008 H210SS Four Winns
                  Volvo Penta 5.7 GISX
                  Prior: 1997 2050SS Bayliner
                  Brad / Texas Gulf Coast

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by ksanders View Post
                    Guys, no I do not hate Canadians, and you guys know that. Silly question.

                    I actually like the dialog, but i do get perplexed regarding the amount of time that someone in a neighboring country would spend even thinking about American politics.

                    Mind you, I do not have a problem with it, but it is perplexing at times.

                    Probably because I do not spend a lot of my time pondering things outside my country.

                    But that is OK, each to his own, and again I enjoy the dialog.
                    You should not be perplexed at all. The US is Canada's largest trading partner and consistant policy by both countries is needed for trade. When you have policy and tariffs that are changing from day to day that effect agriculture, manufacturing and all trade it effects both countries and should be a concern to all of us.
                    Watching crow being slowly eaten in the PNW.
                    DT the village idiot strikes again.
                    300SD all options.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by Iproff View Post

                      You should not be perplexed at all. The US is Canada's largest trading partner and consistant policy by both countries is needed for trade. When you have policy and tariffs that are changing from day to day that effect agriculture, manufacturing and all trade it effects both countries and should be a concern to all of us.
                      If the Canadian members of our little community would have become energized against Trump when he came out with the tariffs then I would be less perplexed.

                      I think it’s deeper than that.

                      I think that you and others, being Canadian Citizens were taken aback by Trumps America First, and really his America Only policies.

                      I suppose I can understand that when I think of it from your perspective.

                      From the prospective as an American citizen I find it a breath of fresh air that an American politician not only puts American Citizens work opportunities first, he is also very vocal about his feeling that he represents the interests of American workers.

                      Remember that I lived through NAFTA and the outsourcing of jobs to not only Mexico, but to India, and China as well. My department (after I left that employer thank goodness) were In My opinion illegally replaced with H1B Visa holders from India, which was never the intention of that program.

                      I also personally know people who jobs were outsourced to Mexico by lower paid workers building the exact same product.

                      KEVIN SANDERS
                      4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
                      where are we right now​​​​​​???​

                      https://share.findmespot.com/shared/...j23OquWOj2N3Xe

                      Comment


                      • iceclimber
                        iceclimber commented
                        Editing a comment
                        What did NAFTA have to do with India and China ? Also would say on the whole, did NAFTA have a positive or negative effect on job creation in the US ?

                      #26
                      Originally posted by ksanders View Post

                      If the Canadian members of our little community would have become energized against Trump when he came out with the tariffs then I would be less perplexed.

                      I think it’s deeper than that.

                      I think that you and others, being Canadian Citizens were taken aback by Trumps America First, and really his America Only policies.

                      I suppose I can understand that when I think of it from your perspective.

                      From the prospective as an American citizen I find it a breath of fresh air that an American politician not only puts American Citizens work opportunities first, he is also very vocal about his feeling that he represents the interests of American workers.

                      Remember that I lived through NAFTA and the outsourcing of jobs to not only Mexico, but to India, and China as well. My department (after I left that employer thank goodness) were In My opinion illegally replaced with H1B Visa holders from India, which was never the intention of that program.

                      I also personally know people who jobs were outsourced to Mexico by lower paid workers building the exact same product.
                      NAFTA had zero to do with the out sourcing of jobs. When a business can save money and deliver a profit to their investors they will whether its manufacturing in China as Trump does or manufacturing it in Korea. As for America 1st I have no problem with it at all. The way Trump has gone about it has been a disaster even the GOP has voted against Trump and neither the US or Canada has ratified the deal so all the tactic and tariffs Trump tried were for not but the consumer did bear the brunt of his failed attempt.
                      Watching crow being slowly eaten in the PNW.
                      DT the village idiot strikes again.
                      300SD all options.

                      Comment


                      • iceclimber
                        iceclimber commented
                        Editing a comment
                        If NAFTA is so awful, why didn't Trump just abolish it ? Instead he talked a lot and in the end did basically nothing.

                      #27
                      Oh...I get it. The socialist are saying when an agreement encourages businesses to leave the US due to outrageous government regulation in place here then that's a good agreement.

                      when the agreement encourages businesses to remain or return the US and regulations are eased making it possible to be profitable...then it's a bad agreement.

                      You people need to wake up.... businesses have to be profitable to pay employees and continue to grow...hire more employees...give raises and profit sharing incentives. That has finally started to happen under Trump....hall like polls and numbers....check out the current unemployment rate and stock market values.

                      I'm sure yall will credit Obama for that since after being in office 8 years and running the horse into the ground...his magic is just now kicking in.

                      2008 H210SS Four Winns
                      Volvo Penta 5.7 GISX
                      Prior: 1997 2050SS Bayliner
                      Brad / Texas Gulf Coast

                      Comment


                      • iceclimber
                        iceclimber commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Again, if NAFTA was the cause of any of the things you say (some evidence would be nice) then why didn't your mighty orange man just abolish it ?

                      • Iproff
                        Iproff commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Not even Trump manufactures in the USA what do call that.
                        What in NAFTA do you object to???

                      #28
                      Evidence of NAFTA causing job loss.

                      Black and Decker shut down their plants in America and opened up plants in Reynosa Mexico
                      ASCO did the same thing laying off all of its workers in New Jerset
                      Marathon Generators laid off its workers at its several US plants and hired workers at new plants in Mexico
                      Cummins laid off its workers at several plants and opened up plants in Reynosa Mexico

                      This all happened after the tarriff elimination that was what NAFTA did.

                      These are just the few businesses that I have direct knowledge of. I am sure that a little research would show many more.

                      KEVIN SANDERS
                      4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
                      where are we right now​​​​​​???​

                      https://share.findmespot.com/shared/...j23OquWOj2N3Xe

                      Comment


                        #29
                        Originally posted by ksanders View Post
                        Evidence of NAFTA causing job loss.

                        Black and Decker shut down their plants in America and opened up plants in Reynosa Mexico
                        ASCO did the same thing laying off all of its workers in New Jerset
                        Marathon Generators laid off its workers at its several US plants and hired workers at new plants in Mexico
                        Cummins laid off its workers at several plants and opened up plants in Reynosa Mexico

                        This all happened after the tarriff elimination that was what NAFTA did.

                        These are just the few businesses that I have direct knowledge of. I am sure that a little research would show many more.
                        I disagree with you that NAFTA caused that. Look at pre NAFTA there were no tariffs on items made in Mexico or Canada. The US manufacturing decided it was better to manufacture off shore and had been doing that since the 40's that I know of. First it was Japan then Korea then other Asian countries and the Mexico. Your blaming NAFTA for business decisions to make things cheaper all over the world. A new NAFTA will not change that nor will tariffs.

                        The tariffs pre NAFTA were on products going from the US to Mexico not the other way around.
                        Watching crow being slowly eaten in the PNW.
                        DT the village idiot strikes again.
                        300SD all options.

                        Comment


                          #30
                          Originally posted by Iproff View Post

                          I disagree with you that NAFTA caused that. Look at pre NAFTA there were no tariffs on items made in Mexico or Canada. The US manufacturing decided it was better to manufacture off shore and had been doing that since the 40's that I know of. First it was Japan then Korea then other Asian countries and the Mexico. Your blaming NAFTA for business decisions to make things cheaper all over the world. A new NAFTA will not change that nor will tariffs.

                          The tariffs pre NAFTA were on products going from the US to Mexico not the other way around.
                          Nafta brought a large increase in investment by US firms in Mexico by providing protections in trade law and practices for them. As a result of those investments in factories south of the border, many companies moved operations and jobs to Mexico. It was not about tariffs.
                          1998 3587 Bayliner, Port Orchard, WA

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X