X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Reagan to Trump: Here's how stocks performed under each president

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019...ent/index.html

huh..

These guys will ignore the fact that the market is performing mediocre under Trump. They are completely brainwashed with Trump's propaganda machines (aka, Twitter, Fox News, the Guardian).

Click image for larger version

Name:	snap1.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	530012

Attached Files
    1995 Bayliner 2452 Mercruiser 5.7L Alpha 1 Gen 2

Comment

Name:	snap1.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	530015

Comment

WOW!
        From listening to Trump and his cult followers, I thought Trump had grown the economy to a level never seen before since the inception of America. So, the previous President Obama grew the economy by 46% vs Trump’s 29%.
        Where does this excuse for a president get the nerve to say the economy is so great since he took over. Did he forget that Obama’s economy was way better then his or is it all calculated b.s. spreading to the base who will believe anything coming out of his mouth?
        Parry Sound, Ontario Canada
        2014 Bayliner Element with Mercury 60 HP EFI Big Foot OB
        12 foot aluminum fishing boat

Comment

Facts and data. Shuts up Trumpsters every time. Now if we could only get Trump to STFU.

Comment

damn...my account went up over $7400 today...up down...up down...up down...mostly UP

are you liberal clowns upset that the market is UP under Trump ?

are you liberal clowns upset that the economy is UP under Trump ?

I am soooooooooooooo gonna enjoy you bitches whine every thing Trump for the next 5+ years

1997 Bayliner Trophy 2352
            5.7 Mercruiser/Alpha I Gen II /Full Closed Cooling
            San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

the more people I meet the more I love my dogs !

Comment

• iceclimber
              iceclimber commented
              Editing a comment
              Correction shuts up most with exception of the dimmest of bulbs. Trump can’t measure up to Clinton or Obama. Loser. Yet too stupid to realize it. Remind you of anyone ?

• hookemdano
              hookemdano commented
              Editing a comment
              as usual "thanks" for your usual meaningless drivel

let me repeat..I know this is wayaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy above yer lil paygrade

damn...my account went up over $7400 today...up down...up down...up down...mostly UP

are you liberal clowns upset that the market is UP under Trump ? upset ice?

are you liberal clowns upset that the economy is UP under Trump ? upset ice ? LOSER..yet too stupid to realize it...I know that TDS is killing yer brain...whats left of it...Remind you of anyone ?...yep...oakplank-bayman-

I am soooooooooooooo gonna enjoy you bitches whine every thing Trump for the next 5+ years...upset ice ?

Originally posted by hookemdano View Post

I am soooooooooooooo gonna enjoy you bitches whine every thing Trump for the next 5+ years

Your account would be up much more if the market were performing as well as it was under Obama! Ah well... something's better than nothing.

Comment

OK guys, lets put a little reality int this.

Regarding Trump, we are only measuring 2 years 6 months with Trump as the leader. Obama had 8 years, as well as Clinton, and Regan.

Now, regarding Obama....

He inherited a economy in recession. Yes he helped turn it around, and I give him credit for that, but it had nowhere else to go. He actually did some of the same things that Trump did, like eliminating depreciation schedules, which boosts short term investment in business capital projects.

Bush (although I am not a big bush fan) inherited a economy on the brink of collapse, and it did just that. The pieces for that were set in place long before his policies took effect.

Trump inherited a pretty strong economy, and it has continued to be strong. Yes he has helped it, but a president only helps a economy, there are no magical powers.

The way I feel about it is that the American worker was sold out under Clinton, then Bush, then Obama, and all the congresses in that time through trade policies that made it profitable to fire American workers and hire Mexican and Chineese replacements. This hurt American workers, killed workers in these countries, and devastated the environment.

All for profits. They should all be ashamed of themselves. I feel veery strongly that these policies increased dependance on the government, and yes was a major cause of the huge meth and opiate problem we now have in Rural America. We owe all these guys a big thanks for that!

KEVIN SANDERS
              4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
              where are we right now​​​​​​???​

https://share.findmespot.com/shared/...j23OquWOj2N3Xe

Comment

Originally posted by ksanders View Post
                OK guys, lets put a little reality int this.

Regarding Trump, we are only measuring 2 years 6 months with Trump as the leader. Obama had 8 years, as well as Clinton, and Regan.

Now, regarding Obama....

He inherited a economy in recession. Yes he helped turn it around, and I give him credit for that, but it had nowhere else to go. He actually did some of the same things that Trump did, like eliminating depreciation schedules, which boosts short term investment in business capital projects.

Bush (although I am not a big bush fan) inherited a economy on the brink of collapse, and it did just that. The pieces for that were set in place long before his policies took effect.

Trump inherited a pretty strong economy, and it has continued to be strong. Yes he has helped it, but a president only helps a economy, there are no magical powers.

The way I feel about it is that the American worker was sold out under Clinton, then Bush, then Obama, and all the congresses in that time through trade policies that made it profitable to fire American workers and hire Mexican and Chineese replacements. This hurt American workers, killed workers in these countries, and devastated the environment.

All for profits. They should all be ashamed of themselves. I feel veery strongly that these policies increased dependance on the government, and yes was a major cause of the huge meth and opiate problem we now have in Rural America. We owe all these guys a big thanks for that!
                Okay, so you mentioned that Obama "inherited an economy in recession." Usually Trump supporters ignore that fact, particularly when referencing things like unemployment... which was high in his early-term and got progressively much better. Anyway, I've consistently said that stocks don't necessarily have much to do with the president because they are cyclic, matching economic cycles... although policies obviously affect it to some degree. The reason I post stock comparisons between Obama and Trump is because Trump supporters here plaster the forum with kudos to Trump all the time thanking him for upswings in the market, meanwhile lambasting Obama for crappy economic performance (which is false). I just have to offset the bs.

I understand why you feel the way you do about American workers being sold out under Clinton, Bush, Obama... and yes, more needed to be done in terms of trade policy. But, you're missing something much more problematic which is the distribution of wealth within our country. Our economy has been doing great since we climbed out of the recession, but the VAST majority of wealth gained has gone to the very, very rich! In fact the top 1% have something like 40% of ALL WEALTH! That is where the American worker is getting screwed. Let's fix that NOW and at the same time work on trade... but don't start a trade war that we will inevitably lose by forcing China's hand in opening up new global markets in place of the gap created by America.

Oh, and by the way, this comparison is for the exact same time period amount presidents:

Name:	fetch?id=530015&d=1565730575.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	530211

Comment

Thanks, president Trump
                  you certainly know how to MAGA

Time for the Democrats to get ready to save America from another recession.

Name:	33B2E13F-160A-44D1-AD2D-AFF35F13D32A.jpeg
Views:	29
Size:	421.0 KB
ID:	530227
                  Parry Sound, Ontario Canada
                  2014 Bayliner Element with Mercury 60 HP EFI Big Foot OB
                  12 foot aluminum fishing boat

Comment

• hookemdano
                    hookemdano commented
                    Editing a comment
                    what should I fear more?

recession?

climate crisis?

sea level crisis ?

• green650
                    green650 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    White supremacists!

So today the market went down 800 points... one of the biggest point drops in HISTORY. How much did you make today dano... since apparently your stocks do outstanding no matter what happens as long as Trump is president...

Comment

• Iproff
                    Iproff commented
                    Editing a comment
                    He has nothing in the market, likes to think he's a big player just a big whore nothing else

• hookemdano
                    hookemdano commented
                    Editing a comment
                    F off old man...once again calling members whores

Originally posted by Fishtank View Post

So today the market went down 800 points... one of the biggest point drops in HISTORY. How much did you make today dano... since apparently your stocks do outstanding no matter what happens as long as Trump is president...

damn...my account went down just under $12k today...up down...up down...up down...mostly UP

San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

Comment

damn...my account went up down just under $12 today...up down...up down...up down...mostly UP

Name:	vfkuliskzle01.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	530272

Comment

I aint worried...dont play the game if ya dont have the money nor the balls...and I know which you are lacking
                      San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

Comment

I aint worried...dont play the game if ya dont have the money nor the balls...and I know which you are lacking
                        Thanks for the advice, my broke, ball-less friend.

Comment

Working...
                        X