No announcement yet.

Here's why Republicans don't want an Election Day holiday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAHA. Aren't you lefties funny today....

Seriously, why is it a great and needed reform that we create a new holiday on election day for people to vote then...particularly in states like Washington with mail only ballots?

Or do you guys simply want yet another paid day off? Courtesy of employers and the taxpayers.

1998 3587 Bayliner, Port Orchard, WA

Comment

Question??? Does every state not have early voting? I assumed so but honestly don't know.

Here you have 2 weeks early voting, which is opened on weekends. If you want to til last day then you get to wait in line.

We have enough holidays...how about this....you can take election day off but have to work one of your days off to make up for the missed work you were supposed to be doing.
      2008 H210SS Four Winns
      Volvo Penta 5.7 GISX
      Prior: 1997 2050SS Bayliner
      Brad / Texas Gulf Coast

Comment

• TX H210 SS
        TX H210 SS commented
        Editing a comment
        And how is a non holiday benefiting republicans over democrats? Are we saying republicans are able to get off work when democrats aren't? Does this not imply republicans are the ones in management positions while democrats aren't? I don't get it!!

That also implies republicans are those who have higher education and achieved more success in their chosen fields and have acquired management positions over the democrats who aren't allowed to leave work....i think that's a slap in the face to democrats. All get in line and all vote who they want to vote for.

• hookemdano
        hookemdano commented
        Editing a comment
        As usual, the libbies just blame everyone else.

• TX H210 SS
        TX H210 SS commented
        Editing a comment
        AND...i thought Hillary won the popular vote..meaning more dems were able to vote without a holiday than republicans....they just screwed up and all moved to the same liberal cities and lost out on the electoral votes. Maybe the dems should take their vacation time and move to the rural areas with the farmers and ranchers where life is so easy....right iceclimber

IF...you are smart enough...you CAN easily vote without taking a vacation or sick day or day off...IF
      1997 Bayliner Trophy 2352
      5.7 Mercruiser/Alpha I Gen II /Full Closed Cooling
      San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

the more people I meet the more I love my dogs !

Comment

• TX H210 SS
        TX H210 SS commented
        Editing a comment
        So ICECLIMBER...are you so clueless to think that movie theaters, gas stations, restaurants and ranch/farms all close on holidays? As matter fact, the only places that seem the close are the schools, banks and government offices.

The government mandates the number of classroom days so you want to add a day to the school year? Banks don't open at 7am which is when the polls open and many government buildings and schools are used for voting locations.

If it's a holiday then which election offices are going to be opened..or do you propose those working the election returns have to work.

• iceclimber
        iceclimber commented
        Editing a comment
        awwwww, I called you clueless ! At least I named you the Commodore of clueless although I don't know if you own three boats. "libbies" and "snowflake" are names Commodore. Try to be less of a snowflake.

• hookemdano
        hookemdano commented
        Editing a comment
        you conveniently left out the part where I said YOU are the one that turns in others for saying mean things to you...wah...ahhhhhhh so who is really the cupcake, tinkerbell?

oh and iceman...please tell me again how awesome you are in your mind...dont use to bigga words for me

Keep typing Iceclimber....you are doing great at spewing the ignorance of liberal left wing snowflake babble.
      2008 H210SS Four Winns
      Volvo Penta 5.7 GISX
      Brad / Texas Gulf Coast

Comment

• iceclimber
        iceclimber commented
        Editing a comment
        Just admit that you don't bring any game, and go drive in circles in your ski boat. Then brag about your bros collecting money for not growing crops. Then, explain why your state employs so many illegal immigrants. Why don't you clean up your act Texan ?

• hookemdano
        hookemdano commented
        Editing a comment
        oh iceman...please tell me again how awesome you are in your mind...dont use to bigga words for me

• TX H210 SS
        TX H210 SS commented
        Editing a comment
        We hire so many illegals to tend those crops we don't grow.

So...how does declaring a holiday that doesn't close those businesses with hourly employees help those hourly employees find their way to the polls?

Those illegals aren't supposed to be voting either, so maybe they could fill the prescriptions at the drugstores you want to close.

If your boat doesn't turn how do you get back?...guess you backup like you do on this forum.

Oh...Iceberg...i see you haven't posted on boat related topics. Isn't that a violation that precludes your participation in the Political Topics section....I don't snitch though you whining areola.

Originally posted by O1dSoldier View Post
      The Dems are driving around filing more fake ballots? More Trumpian delusions I see.

Oh, and hookemdano I have taken a vacation day to go vote. Polls are long closed by the time I am able to leave work and popping out on my lunch break isn't a thing.
      That's why absentee ballots were created. If you can not be there to vote in person you go the absentee route. I've done it the last couple of elections. Of course if voting absentee is not available where you live then you do have a situation.
      Rick Grew

1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

2004 Past Commodore
      West River Yacht & Cruising Club
      www.wrycc.com

Comment

Most if not all developed democracies designate election day as a holiday/day off. Presumably, this is to ensure that all citizens are provided an equal opportunity to vote. The United States differs because one of the two political parties consistently strives to exclude segments of the population from participating in the democratic process.
        1995 Bayliner 2452 Mercruiser 5.7L Alpha 1 Gen 2

Comment

ya know...NOT everybody gets off every "holiday" ... a lot of those hourly guys you libbys are crying about will probably have to work that "holiday"

why not change it to a week ya can vote...if ya cant figure out how to vote in a week...ya must be a liberal

or better yet...mail in voting for all..
          San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

Comment

Originally posted by hookemdano View Post
            ya know...NOT everybody gets off every "holiday" ... a lot of those hourly guys you libbys are crying about will probably have to work that "holiday"

why not change it to a week ya can vote...if ya cant figure out how to vote in a week...ya must be a liberal

or better yet...mail in voting for all..
            I'm not sure why you have to be a dick in every post.... but anyway, I'd be all for a mail-in vote solution. Every eligible voter should have unencumbered access to vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishtank View Post

I'm not sure why you have to be a dick in every post.... but anyway, I'd be all for a mail-in vote solution. Every eligible voter should have unencumbered access to vote.
              and...I dont know why you have to get sooooooooooooooooooo emotional on every damn post DQ

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_11828.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	482520
              San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

Comment

It's a real big stretch to say that most countries have their elections on a holiday. Actually, most countries hold their elections on Sunday or Saturday, so most people already have the day off.

37 states in the US allow early voting, so no, we do not need to make voting day yet another national holiday.
                1998 3587 Bayliner, Port Orchard, WA

Comment

Originally posted by baylineguy View Post
                  It's a real big stretch to say that most countries have their elections on a holiday. Actually, most countries hold their elections on Sunday or Saturday, so most people already have the day off.

37 states in the US allow early voting, so no, we do not need to make voting day yet another national holiday.
                  If all 50 states would allow early voting/mail-in, then no, a holiday would not make sense.

Comment

• baylineguy
                    baylineguy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well, then the 13 states who do not allow early voting should change to what most states already do. Personally, I also think that a larger percentage of Republicans are working than democrats. So, if it was made a holiday, it might actually help the republican vote tally more than the Dems. Still, we do not need yet another holiday to cast our vote.

• Fishtank
                    Fishtank commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think all Republicans as well as Democrats should have every opportunity to vote. I don't understand the reluctance from republicans to provide more avenues for people to vote.

this is just a manufactured liberal crisis
                  San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

Comment

Originally posted by hookemdano View Post
                    this is just a manufactured liberal crisis
                    A manufactured crisis... you mean like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	snap1.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	482529

Comment

I will say it doesn't make sense why all States don't have early voting. I always vote early because I'm not sure when I will have to work. This is same for many who are subject to being called out 24/7, regardless of holiday.

Plus....it seems the election officials in several States always have issues counting so the extra 2 weeks can get them more time to count on their toes.

Also like seeing the elderly and handicapped having option to go to front of voting line.

They enforce voting laws here...we had guy get arrested for felony when he tried to vote twice at different voting centers.

All I ask is check out what you are voting for....if too ignorant to have an opinion then do all a favor and stay home. I can argue points all day long we can think others are stupid for thinking the way they do....but voting for someone you have no idea what they stand for is STUPID. I much rather have my vote cancelled out by someone who believes they're candidate is better for a reason even if they're too ignorant to agree with me than by some dip who can't muster up an original thought.

hell...take the names and rep/dem/ind designation off the ballot and merely list the top 5 platform points for each....sad to say but most folks wouldn't have any idea what points match which candidate.

2008 H210SS Four Winns
                      Volvo Penta 5.7 GISX
                      Brad / Texas Gulf Coast

Comment

Originally posted by TX H210 SS View Post
                        I will say it doesn't make sense why all States don't have early voting. I always vote early because I'm not sure when I will have to work. This is same for many who are subject to being called out 24/7, regardless of holiday.

Plus....it seems the election officials in several States always have issues counting so the extra 2 weeks can get them more time to count on their toes.

Also like seeing the elderly and handicapped having option to go to front of voting line.

They enforce voting laws here...we had guy get arrested for felony when he tried to vote twice at different voting centers.

All I ask is check out what you are voting for....if too ignorant to have an opinion then do all a favor and stay home. I can argue points all day long we can think others are stupid for thinking the way they do....but voting for someone you have no idea what they stand for is STUPID. I much rather have my vote cancelled out by someone who believes they're candidate is better for a reason even if they're too ignorant to agree with me than by some dip who can't muster up an original thought.

hell...take the names and rep/dem/ind designation off the ballot and merely list the top 5 platform points for each....sad to say but most folks wouldn't have any idea what points match which candidate.
                        Agreed!

Comment

• TX H210 SS
                          TX H210 SS commented
                          Editing a comment
                          All I can say is this is a state election rule issue not a federal holiday issue. We don't get federal holidays off anyway...

My opinion is the election holiday idea is dumb and typical waste of time many politicians sit around dreaming up.
                      Working...
                      X