X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hookemdano View Post
    lets see what happens on Feb 15th or before

doubtful chuckles or pooplosi will negotiate on the wall at all
    You're so cute with your funny names you made up! Good job buddy!
    1995 Bayliner 2452 Mercruiser 5.7L Alpha 1 Gen 2

Comment

Originally posted by Fishtank View Post

You're so cute with your funny names you made up! Good job buddy!
      thanks dq for posting your usual meaningless drivel...you go dq !
      1997 Bayliner Trophy 2352
      5.7 Mercruiser/Alpha I Gen II /Full Closed Cooling
      San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

the more people I meet the more I love my dogs !

Comment

• Fishtank
        Fishtank commented
        Editing a comment
        "pooplosi" - hehe! I bet you keep your family in stitches with that sharp wit of yours!

• hookemdano
        hookemdano commented
        Editing a comment
        you betcha

Originally posted by rafaelfigueira View Post

You are absolutely right. This has been Trump's approach to negotiations: aggressively demand 100% of what he wants, play the media to control the discourse (he's the Master), tone down the negotiation in private, then spin the final result as a victory. It has worked for him dozens of times in the presidency, and I'm sure hundreds more in his business career. Furthermore, it's the preferred approach of his supporters, that's one of the reason they voted for him.

Last year he got barely 20% of his wall fund request, entirely earmarked, he mumbled something about "I will never sign another bill like this again", but he was able to celebrate it as a victory (for many reasons: most people dont pay attention to details, or are good with numbers, etc).

The problem is that this time the final outcome is too public to be positively spinned. We will see, Trump has always been able to redirect media attention.

Yes, Trumps generally very successful technique is to come in very strong, and then soften up to make a deal.

It is a strategy that in generally works very well. On this occasion he gave in. The effects of public opinion pressure on himself and others is something he is learning. In the private world that pressure does not exist.

KEVIN SANDERS
      4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA

Comment

Originally posted by ksanders View Post
        Yes, Trumps generally very successful technique is to come in very strong, and then soften up to make a deal.
        It is a strategy that in generally works very well. On this occasion he gave in.
        Not the first time, but he's been very good at timing the media and diverting the attention at the right moment, making the fallback seem negligible. We all know these are times of short attention span, of rapid fire newscycle, etc etc, but while most people ride it, he *drives* it instead. This time, I dont know if this is going to be spinned.
        Rafael Figueira
        1998 Bayliner Capri 1800 LS

Comment

Originally posted by rafaelfigueira View Post

Not the first time, but he's been very good at timing the media and diverting the attention at the right moment, making the fallback seem negligible. We all know these are times of short attention span, of rapid fire newscycle, etc etc, but while most people ride it, he *drives* it instead. This time, I dont know if this is going to be spinned.
          Personally I think he screwed up. He should have “gamed” this out better, and anticipated the oppositions responses better. This was a foreseeable outcome, one that he should have already considered. I chalk it up to learning curve. A smart person will not make the mistake twice.

Myself I would have dangled amnisty long before the shutdown, and formed a bipartisian concensus strong enough to push his legislation through.

Perhaps he thought of that and needs to cater to his far right base. Perhaps he really does not want amnisty. The trick is to offer something the other side REALLY wants in return for what you Really want and consider that trade off the price of achiving your goal.

Easier said than done, as this immigration and illegal entry ssue has plagued every president in my adult lifetime.

KEVIN SANDERS
          4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA

Comment

• Iproff
            Iproff commented
            Editing a comment
            The Dems can't cave on funding for Trumps wall, this was an election promise that is going sorry has bitten Trump in the ass. Trump has already been defeated on healthcare replear and replace the wall is the final nail. Unfortunately it's going to cost the GOP dearly.

• green650
            green650 commented
            Editing a comment
            It is going to cost votes to the sensible democrats that believe in border security. Everyone now knows that it is Pelosi that refuses to secure the border

• ksanders
            ksanders commented
            Editing a comment
            I think Green is right. This one won’t cost Trump any voters, but it has made the middle ground think about border security.
            Having Pelosi come out against any barrier flys in the face of common sense, something the middle has.

Originally posted by Don9 View Post

Fake news ... This is only a 3 week funding. Nancy and Chucky wanted a full funding bill that didn't include a wall.
          LMFAO Don The dems offered funding till Feb 8th while they sorted it out. Trump said no after the Senate and Congress had worked out a deal. The exact same deal Trump said no to was passed after workers lost a month of pay. It's ironic that you are so blind to what really happened.
          Watching crow being slowly eaten in the PNW.
          The village idiot strikes again.

Comment

Pelosi may have won this battle. Let's see who wins the war. This is far from over.
            Rick Grew

1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

2004 Past Commodore
            West River Yacht & Cruising Club
            www.wrycc.com

Comment

Originally posted by RGrew176 View Post
              Pelosi may have won this battle. Let's see who wins the war. This is far from over.
              Anyone want to bet the American public will be the losers?
              Watching crow being slowly eaten in the PNW.
              The village idiot strikes again.

Comment

Originally posted by Iproff View Post

Anyone want to bet the American public will be the losers?
                We already lost more than half percentage point in GDP. The economic impact already happened.
                Rafael Figueira
                1998 Bayliner Capri 1800 LS

Comment

• iceclimber
                  iceclimber commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oddly a big chunk of money that was most of what he was asking for. Pretty expensive response to Ann Coulter. Now let's talk about how many votes he lost.

a lot of liberal tears
                San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

Comment

• iceclimber
                  iceclimber commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just laughter at you.

• hookemdano
                  hookemdano commented
                  Editing a comment
                  seriously...seek help

Comment

george who? and we care why?

seek help
                  San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

Comment

Working...
                  X