Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Government Shutdown Is Now the Longest Ever

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...gtype=Homepage

Congratulations. Trump rejects shutdown deal Republicans negotiated with Republicans

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...m_npd_ms_fb_ma Down the Rabbit Hole With Donald

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/11/o...gtype=Homepage

"Some of the relevant details of the plan remain elusive"

YEA...like all of the details Click image for larger version

Name:	lol.gif
Views:	0
Size:	1,010 Bytes
ID:	477774
    1997 Bayliner Trophy 2352
    5.7 Mercruiser/Alpha I Gen II /Full Closed Cooling
    San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

the more people I meet the more I love my dogs !

Comment

• iceclimber
      iceclimber commented
      Editing a comment
      Why is McConnell refusing to hold a vote, asshol* ?

• hookemdano
      hookemdano commented
      Editing a comment
      are you really that dumb AH ?

does Mitch have the needed 10 dems? nope...why bother

1/ The government shutdown entered day 21 as Congress left for the weekend following another round of stalled negotiations to end the shutdown – ensuring that the partial government shutdown will become the longest in history. The House and Senate, however, both passed a measure to ensure that federal workers who are furloughed receive back pay once the government reopens, which now goes to Trump for his signature. The House also passed another bill to reopen more government departments, but is likely DOA in the Senate because of a veto threat from Trump. The second-longest shutdown stretched for 21 days from December 1995 until January 1996, due to a dispute between Bill Clinton and the Republican-led Congress at the time.

Comment

2/ An estimated 800,000 federal employees missed their first paycheck due to the shutdown. In particular, more than 24,000 FAA employees, including air traffic controllers, are working without pay, since their positions are considered vital for "life and safety," and more than 17,000 other have been furloughed – told to stop doing their jobs. (NBC News / CNN / Washington Post / New York Times)

Comment

Federal crop payments have stopped flowing to farmers, who say they cannot get federally-backed operating loans to buy seed for their spring planting, or feed for their livestock because of the shutdown. Farmers also can't look up government data about beef prices or soybean yields to make decisions about planting and selling their goods. Some farmers have said the loss of loans, payments and other services has pushed them to a breaking point. (New York Times)

Comment

• iceclimber
          iceclimber commented
          Editing a comment
          I guess the irony is lost on you. The farmer bailout is due to Trump's tariffs. Tell me, how long do you think Trump can maintain any support from people he is screwing over and clearly could care less about ? He's never had to do without in his life.

• TX H210 SS
          TX H210 SS commented
          Editing a comment
          Government does NOT set prices on livestock but believe what ya want.....thats more fake news and lies.

I can pull stock prices from any auction in U.S. on my phone....they are privately owned and market driven. Not hard to predict.....prices go down in winter because feed prices go up since grazing grass isn't growing. Those with spreads big enough to stock their own feed fair well and hold out til spring to sell.

Who is buying seed for spring planting now???? Why buy and store seed so it can spoil for 3 months...now is time for fuel to turn fields.

Quit believing and spewing garbage...

• Iproff
          Iproff commented
          Editing a comment
          Not talking about stock prices its crops and dairy products that are subsidies as high as 70%.

Sad that our democrat leaders in Washington are unwilling to protect American citizens on a real and growing national security threat. We should start impeachment hearings for Chuck and Nancy.
        It's all a dream
        '03 245 5.7/BIII & '06 175

Comment

Geez!!! Hasen’t anyone figured this out yet?

Trump is not ging to budge! Face the reality!

Fund border security and get something like Amnisty that you’ve always wanted.

KEVIN SANDERS
          4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA

Comment

• iceclimber
            iceclimber commented
            Editing a comment
            Trump will fold. His meager numbers are plummeting.

Chuck and Nancy are not in it to negotiate. How would it look for them if the border was secured AND amnesty happened under President Trump. They do not want America to succeed under President Trump.
          Esteban
          Vancouver, BC
          Former Bayliners 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

• iceclimber
            iceclimber commented
            Editing a comment
            Except they did negotiate, Trump agreed then reversed himself. No one trusts him including McConnell who has tried to "stay out of it". It's Trump's shutdown.

The shutdown could end today.

The only way it will EVER end is if someone gives, and the president is not going to do that.

So, fund border security and end the shutdown.

Really simple and fast

KEVIN SANDERS

Comment

• iceclimber
            iceclimber commented
            Editing a comment
            They could always hold a vote in the Senate. Make Trump veto. You will note, even McConnell is trying to prevent Trump from digging his hole even deeper. They will lose the Senate in 2020.

• ksanders
            ksanders commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes they could hold a vote and let Trump veto it.

but, that will not open the government.

Only one thing will open the government, and we both know what that is. Best bet is to get something you really want, because Trump is going to get his wall either way.

I know that pisses you off, but that is the reality today. Your only solution is to use it against him in 2020 but today you need to fund the wall. Like it or not.

Originally posted by iceclimber View Post
          Federal crop payments have stopped flowing to farmers, who say they cannot get federally-backed operating loans to buy seed for their spring planting, or feed for their livestock because of the shutdown. Farmers also can't look up government data about beef prices or soybean yields to make decisions about planting and selling their goods. Some farmers have said the loss of loans, payments and other services has pushed them to a breaking point. (New York Times)
          It's easy enough to look up futures prices which is what farmers need to know if they want to lock in their prices now for next fall when their still unplanted crops are ready for sale. Also, I see that futures prices have been generally rising since last summer. I guess farmers won't need that subsidy that I-H keeps whining about.

Btw, banks certainly remain open in this shutdown so a farmer can go there to get a loan for planting their crops if needed. Farmers really don't need all these government services that the NYT loves to bash Trump over. They should be bashing Pelosi but she gets a free pass.

https://www.cmegroup.com/trading/agr...d/soybean.html
          1998 3587 Bayliner, Port Orchard, WA

Comment

• iceclimber
            iceclimber commented
            Editing a comment
            1) Everything in the Times article is 100% accurate. You just don't like the truth.
            2) If farmers really "don't need" all these government programs then they can be eliminated, right ?

Stock and feed prices are published by auctions across the US....most report the agri auctions live. I can buy 1000 calves on my phone and see them as they cross the auction!!! What the hell are you believing???

this is nothing but lies...fake news written and spewed by snowflakers
          2008 H210SS Four Winns
          Volvo Penta 5.7 GISX
          Prior: 1997 2050SS Bayliner
          Brad / Texas Gulf Coast

Comment

• Iproff
            Iproff commented
            Editing a comment
            Its crops and dairy nothing to do with what your talking about

If a farmer is going to bank to get money to plant now. .. they deserve to fail. Too late for any winter crop and way too early for spring.

Snowflake flagdancers
          2008 H210SS Four Winns
          Volvo Penta 5.7 GISX
          Brad / Texas Gulf Coast

Comment

• iceclimber
            iceclimber commented
            Editing a comment
            I realize that you are a leading expert on the topic, but the crops in many cases have overwhelmed all the storage and are rotting. The issue has nothing to do with farmers knowing how to farm. The issue is Trump is an idiot.

• TX H210 SS
            TX H210 SS commented
            Editing a comment
            If they are over producing then the market prices go down... same as if ford floods market with too many cars then prices decline....sounds like supply and demand to me.

Shut the government down.... market will adjust.

https://clintonwhitehouse4.archives....s_farmers.html

read how Clinton and Gore gave enough to farm aid to build 5 border walls for three years in a row.....Democrats applauded!!!

I guess iceclimber and iproff were republicans then and hated the decision.

quit worrying about what you don't understand and we will tell you when it's safe to come out.

2008 H210SS Four Winns
          Volvo Penta 5.7 GISX
          Brad / Texas Gulf Coast

Comment

Originally posted by ksanders View Post
            Geez!!! Hasen’t anyone figured this out yet?

Trump is not ging to budge! Face the reality!

Fund border security and get something like Amnisty that you’ve always wanted.
            Hasen't anyone figured this out yet? Congress is not going to budge! Face the reality!

Congress approved for border security and the Senate refused to vote on it or send it to Trump.

Trump is like a spoiled kid it's my way or nothing.
            Watching crow being slowly eaten in the PNW.
            The village idiot strikes again.

Comment

Originally posted by Iproff View Post

Hasen't anyone figured this out yet? Congress is not going to budge! Face the reality!

Congress approved for border security and the Senate refused to vote on it or send it to Trump.

Trump is like a spoiled kid it's my way or nothing.
              Actually our President is exercising his lawful right under the constitution to veto any bill that he wants to veto.

now...

To solve the issue the legislature needs put a bill on his desk that he will not veto.

Whatever side of the isle and the underlying issues you are on, this is the American system at work.

One person, The American President, with enough power to stop the whole thing. Every four years we the people get to choose that person. With each of the semi independant states getting a say based on their population.

In 2016 we chose and in my opinion we chose well. In 2020 we get to choose again.

Today, that one man needs to sign legislation to fund the government.

Time to make him happy.

KEVIN SANDERS

Comment

• iceclimber
                iceclimber commented
                Editing a comment
                Meh, make him veto something and then override it.

• hookemdano
                hookemdano commented
                Editing a comment
                elections have consequences...veto that
            Working...
            X