How fast are the oceans warming?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishtank View Post

Okay, so you guys constantly bring up Al Gore's 2013 scenario where the arctic could be ice free. Gore cherry-picked the most extreme study to illustrate the danger of climate change, and that it could transpire more rapidly than people think. This one scenario did not reflect the mainstream scientific communities conclusion as to when the arctic would be ice free - it was actually an outlier. That's how science works. The thing is, you need to look at the trend and conclusions made by the entire scientific community to see a pattern and consensus on what is happening, why it is happening, and therefore what will happen.

I especially have an issue with something you said: "The only problem I have is when you are making huge world policy that affects billions of lives based on that speculation." You (and most conservatives these days) support policy to not do much of anything to combat climate change. Will conservative policy not "affect billions of lives based on speculation?" The conservatives by the way put their belief in personal observations and rhetoric of politicians. I like to leave the science to the scientists.
    The problem is even the scientists are pretty much saying that this is a long term problem. I do not see any rational scientific thought that says we are going to have big issues in the next hundred or more years. Nore have I seen any studies that throwing money at the problem on a global scale is going to actually solve anything.

Yet billions of dollars get spent. Taxpayer dollars world wide.

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA

Comment

thats the thing...spending billion$ and billion$ attempting to stop the earth from doing what it has has been doing for billions of years?

really? good luck with that
      1997 Bayliner Trophy 2352
      5.7 Mercruiser/Alpha I Gen II /Full Closed Cooling
      San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

the more people I meet the more I love my dogs !

Comment

here is a fine example of science

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	477679
        1997 Bayliner Trophy 2352
        5.7 Mercruiser/Alpha I Gen II /Full Closed Cooling
        San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

the more people I meet the more I love my dogs !

Comment

Working...
        X