Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Media acknowledged ‘epic’ border crisis under Obama – what changed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media acknowledged ‘epic’ border crisis under Obama – what changed?

I'll tell ya what happened...Trump happened...then TDS happened

News outlets readily described a “crisis” at the border under then-President Barack Obama when he sought funding to deal with a surge of migrants, many of them women and children -- but now that President Trump is in the White House, the mainstream media seem far more reluctant to use the word. 
    1997 Bayliner Trophy 2352
    5.7 Mercruiser/Alpha I Gen II /Full Closed Cooling
    San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

the more people I meet the more I love my dogs !

San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

Comment

TDS
      #resist
      Nothing else.
      Esteban
      Vancouver, BC
      Former Bayliners 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

This is pure political.

”they” and to some extent “they” means the republicans as well...do not want Trump to succeed.

It is really that simple.

KEVIN SANDERS
        4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA

Comment

I'm not surprised by the lack of understanding of this little thing called "cause and effect".

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/08/u...&region=Footer

WASHINGTON — It was one of the final pieces of legislation signed into law by President George W. Bush, a measure that passed without controversy, along with a pension bill and another one calling for national parks to be commemorated on quarters.

“This is a piece of legislation we’re very proud to sign,” a White House spokesman, Tony Fratto, told reporters on Dec. 23, 2008, as the president put his pen to the William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008, named for a 19th-century British abolitionist. “This program has been very effective around the world in trying to stop trafficking in persons.”
          Originally pushed by a bipartisan coalition of lawmakers as well as by evangelical groups to combat sex trafficking, the bill gave substantial new protections to children entering the country alone who were not from Mexico or Canada by prohibiting them from being quickly sent back to their country of origin.
          Now the legislation, enacted quietly during the transition to the Obama administration, is at the root of the potentially calamitous flow of unaccompanied minors to the nation’s southern border.

I would encourage all of you to read,(the entire news article) and understand why the Obama administration was forced to deal with a wave of refugees from Central America, as opposed to the policy in place for Mexican adults AND children trying to cross the border.

The thing about laws, they can't be lied about or explained away. So, Trump supporters - Trump is dealing with the exact same problem as President Obama, and why ? Ask George Bush, who snuck this poison pill law in as he was heading for the exit.

Comment

diverting the topic from the media saying CRISIS in 2014 fo Bush in 2008 ?

maybe you already forgot the topic...

The Washington Post wrote in 2014, “White House requests $3.7 billion in emergency funds for border crisis,” while CNN published a feature, “Daniel's journey: How thousands of children are creating a crisis in America.” It described a problem of "epic proportions."

Around the same time, the Huffington Post declared that “photos of the humanitarian crisis” along the southern border were “shocking,” and ABC News reported that Obama requested “$3.7 billion to cope with the humanitarian crisis on the border and the spike in illegal crossings by unaccompanied minors from Central America.”
            San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

Comment

• iceclimber
              iceclimber commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm convinced, you simply either can't read or choose to remain ignorant.

• hookemdano
              hookemdano commented
              Editing a comment
              oh...I get it...its someone elses fault...its always someone else fault

now...how bout getting back on topic...was a CRISIS in 2014 is not a CRISIS now?

• iceclimber
              iceclimber commented
              Editing a comment
              Seriously. Is it possible you are that dense ?

Even the super liberal NPR said there was a border crisis under Obama.

Quote from NPR comparing crisis during Obama to now:

Still, the situations at the border and in the White House — then and now — are strikingly similar

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/09/68362...outhern-border

Esteban
            Vancouver, BC

Comment

Keep repeating there is no crisis and eventually....no, it’s not going to work, it doesn’t even work on children.

Click image for larger version

Name:	41340359-D8DA-4318-8288-5F4DA7FDF8C5.png
Views:	1
Size:	4.61 MB
ID:	477524
              Esteban
              Vancouver, BC

Comment

• iceclimber
                iceclimber commented
                Editing a comment
                How is the crisis at the Canadian border ?

Originally posted by green650 View Post
              Even the super liberal NPR said there was a border crisis under Obama.

Quote from NPR comparing crisis during Obama to now:

Still, the situations at the border and in the White House — then and now — are strikingly similar

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/09/68362...outhern-border

Yeah, it's almost LIKE SOMETHING STARTED THE PROBLEM huh.

Reading, it's fundamental.

Comment

Working...
              X