The Wall - Trump has defeated himself

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by O1dSoldier View Post

Ok, fair enough. Trump is a Rep. the Senate is controlled by Rep. up until recently the House was also controlled by Rep. and guess what? The wall never got funded. Perhaps because as the article states its only Trump and his staunchest followers that want it in the first place.
    OK, so lets say that’s true. Even though both sides have in the past said and voted for more border security, lets just say for a moment that you are 100% correct.

The president still has Veto power and is not budging.
    There is no chance of overriding a veto
    The government is shut down.

Those are the facts you are dealing with today, and nothing is going to change those facts at a minimum until January 2021

So how do you solve the problem??? Not just complaining, or blame laying, which will not solve a thing. With the situation you have right now how do you solve the problem???

Remember he can hold out until January 2021, a full two years from now.

Here’s how you solve the problem. You give him the money for his wall.

You also get something in return. How about Amnisty for non criminal illegal immigrants here right now?

That sounds pretty darn reasonable. You fix immigration once and for all.

The clock is ticking, what are you going to do???

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA

Comment

Originally posted by ksanders View Post
      Here’s how you solve the problem. You give him the money for his wall.
      You also get something in return. How about Amnisty for non criminal illegal immigrants here right now?
      That's the typical political method, and I'm sure Dems are privately negotiating something like that. Maybe not amnesty, but DACA or something else. Then they would give him less $$ than requested. That way both sides would save face, and can go back home boasting about achieving something and getting stuff done blablabla.

But Trump was elected *BECAUSE* he's not a politician. People here said that dozens of times right? It would be odd/hypocritical of the base if they expect political quid-pro-quo from him now.
      Rafael Figueira
      1998 Bayliner Capri 1800 LS

Comment

• Don9
        Don9 commented
        Editing a comment
        President Trumps base has no problem with a deal like DACA but total amnesty would never be accepted.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1083169537263054849
      CapMartin, Montr├®al
      "Belle de Dalhousie"
      1986 3270
      Volvo BB225B

Comment

No amnesty ...

Turn yourself in and we will deport you and put you at the head of the list to re-enter.

Force the leo's to come get you then no chance of ever coming back, cross the border illegally get caught , into a deep hole you go for 5 years.

When word gets out of real world punishment, you will see things turn around.

In closing come legally and chase the American dream, be stupid no chance ever, never coming back.

Oh take your kids with ya.
        Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Manalapan N.J

Comment

Originally posted by rafaelfigueira View Post

You would think *Republicans* would go along with Trump... But last year his own Republican congress forced his hand and Trump could barely secure 1.6 billion for the wall out of 4.1 originally asked.
          This is true. The swamp included republicans and democrats. Paul Ryan was part of the swamp and one reason why he left is he knew he would not be reelected ... especially after his voters find out he was part of the SpyGate conspiracy.
          It's all a dream
          '03 245 5.7/BIII & '06 175

Comment

Originally posted by Don9 View Post

This is true. The swamp included republicans and democrats. Paul Ryan was part of the swamp and one reason why he left is he knew he would not be reelected ... especially after his voters find out he was part of the SpyGate conspiracy.
            So I do not call it a swamp. Too derogatory for my tastes.

One of the things that attracts backers to Trump is that he is not part ofthe established Republican party.

The republicans and Trump are all buddy buddy right now, but one must remember that prior to the convention, the republicans hated him just as much as the Democrats.

KEVIN SANDERS
            4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA

Comment

• Iproff
              Iproff commented
              Editing a comment
              They both still do.

• O1dSoldier
              O1dSoldier commented
              Editing a comment
              The Reps. and Trump are only buddy buddy because they are more concerned about reelection than doing the right thing and getting rid of Trump. While his cult followers may like hi9m I don't believe for one second the Rep. side of Congress does.

One of the things that attracts backers to Trump is that he is not part ofthe established Republican party.

The republicans and Trump are all buddy buddy right now, but one must remember that prior to the convention, the republicans hated him just as much as the Democrats.
            The problem imo is that our two party political system is meaningless when you have people claiming to be of a particular political party but their actions prove otherwise. Some don't disclose their false affiliation until it counts the most for the people that voted for them.

The two party political system is a sham on the American people to give us the illusion that we actually have choice.

The people that work together to run this country do not identify as a republican or democrat behind closed doors.
            It's all a dream

Comment

First, Trump created his own swamp. That's why so many of his crooked cabinet people have pled guilty, or in some cases are in jail. I mean, my stars that is a pretty long list. I note that Trump supporters just sort of look the other way on this topic, and hysterically are still talking about Hillary Clinton's emails. Hey, remember Trump University ? How about the Trump Foundation? How many investigations are active against Trump ?

Let me say it out loud. Trump's people (and we will see if Trump himself) were working directly with an enemy power. They did it to win the election. Seems like it worked thanks to very specific and focused interference in exactly the right counties in exactly the right states, enabling an electoral college victory in spite of a 3 million vote loss. I wonder, when Trump recently repeated Russian revisionist history about Afghanistan (the Russians were invited in !!) did anyone think that was just a little weird ? The President of the United States is parroting propaganda favoring Russia. This would be inconceivable in any "normal" administration.

I don't want to hear that "Trump is an outsider" because what has that gotten us ? Nothing, except absolute chaos. The US Government is not one of his shady real estate deals, and by the way Trump was not even good at that. The "good" people supposedly attracted to Trump have either quit or gotten fired because they will not kiss Trump's ass. We are in a very dangerous place right now, because there is basically no one left to stop Trump from being Trump. He doesn't listen to anyone.

Finally, on the subject of the wall; This Trump created "crisis" is a perfect example of a solution looking for a problem. The Democrats are in fact in favor of secure borders and in fact did indeed vote for the Secure Fence Act. If Trump were any kind of a leader, he would have gotten funding in the last two years from his majority. Well, he didn't and now he walked away from a budget agreement and painted himself into a corner. He's not paying the very people that are supposed to keep us safe. His border policies have been one continual mess from the day he started meddling with it.

Comment

there we go...russia russia russia...what a crock that the libbies are still clinging too
                1997 Bayliner Trophy 2352
                5.7 Mercruiser/Alpha I Gen II /Full Closed Cooling
                San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

the more people I meet the more I love my dogs !

Comment

• iceclimber
                  iceclimber commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I took some time off from this forum, and I see that you are still doing your best to never post anything worthwhile. Have you ever wondered why people stop posting here ? You, and a small handful of people like you. If you want a right wing echo chamber, you can have it. Independents get tired of the monkey flinging poo routine and check out.

I bet we're going to lose many of the top performing federal workers to the private, state, and local sectors because of this bullshit. It is absurd and unjust to screw them over when our government should NEGOTIATE and COMPROMISE. Trump should pay them a big fat bonus out of his own damn pocket when his hissy fit is over.
                1995 Bayliner 2452 Mercruiser 5.7L Alpha 1 Gen 2

Comment

• hookemdano
                  hookemdano commented
                  Editing a comment
                  hissy fit? there goes DQ ^

• O1dSoldier
                  O1dSoldier commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There was a plan that passed both the House and Senate and at the last minute Trump refused to sign. NOBODY wants his wall.

Originally posted by Fishtank View Post
                I bet we're going to lose many of the top performing federal workers to the private, state, and local sectors because of this bullshit. It is absurd and unjust to screw them over when our government should NEGOTIATE and COMPROMISE. Trump should pay them a big fat bonus out of his own damn pocket when his hissy fit is over.
                Obama's shutdown was over two weeks. Do good people leave then?
                It's all a dream

Comment

• iceclimber
                  iceclimber commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Why would you call it Obama's shutdown ? Any other fabrications today ?

Originally posted by Fishtank View Post
                Those furloughed federal workers aren't goiing anywhere because they know they will get back pay when they come back. Nothing like a free vacation.

Trump said he is open to negotiation. It is Pelosi that refuses to consider any money for a wall.

1998 3587 Bayliner, Port Orchard, WA

Comment

• iceclimber
                  iceclimber commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's always easy to be cavalier with other people's paychecks. I was chatting with TSA folks yesterday. All Trump is doing is driving away voters, and oh one more thing. Not paying the people that are paid to protect the border.

Originally posted by baylineguy View Post

Those furloughed federal workers aren't goiing anywhere because they know they will get back pay when they come back. Nothing like a free vacation.

Trump said he is open to negotiation. It is Pelosi that refuses to consider any money for a wall.
                Lol Trump will not budge off full funding for wall, he has said so. He proved it when he walked out of the meeting rather than negotiate a deal. Trump won't let the workers go back to work without full funding for a wall that will take 15 years to build.
                Watching crow being slowly eaten in the PNW.
                The village idiot strikes again.

Comment

Originally posted by Iproff View Post

Lol Trump will not budge off full funding for wall, he has said so. He proved it when he walked out of the meeting rather than negotiate a deal. Trump won't let the workers go back to work without full funding for a wall that will take 15 years to build.
                  Here, I'll solve this for Trump.

1) Lift tariffs on soybeans
                  2) You just saved $10 billion dollars on farmer bailouts, and now have double the amount you are demanding for the pointless wall
                  3) Open Government

Comment

What changed? In just 3 letters- TDS.....

Media acknowledged ‘epic’ border crisis under Obama – what changed?

By Brian Flood

Are President Trump's critics refusing to believe border facts?

Asylum claims in the U.S. have increased 17,000 percent since 2010; reaction from Katrina Pierson, senior adviser for the Trump 2020 campaign, and Jason Nichols, Democratic political analyst.

News outlets readily described a “crisis” at the border under then-President Barack Obama when he sought funding to deal with a surge of migrants, many of them women and children -- but now that President Trump is in the White House, the mainstream media seem far more reluctant to use the word.

Back in the summer of 2014, the headlines and stories referring to the C-word were plentiful as the border surge was taken seriously along the Acela corridor.

The Washington Post wrote in 2014, “White House requests $3.7 billion in emergency funds for border crisis,” while CNN published a feature, “Daniel's journey: How thousands of children are creating a crisis in America.” It described a problem of "epic proportions."

Around the same time, the Huffington Post declared that “photos of the humanitarian crisis” along the southern border were “shocking,” and ABC News reported that Obama requested “$3.7 billion to cope with the humanitarian crisis on the border and the spike in illegal crossings by unaccompanied minors from Central America.”

The ABC News story, “Obama's Plans for $3.7 Billion Immigration Crisis Funds,” included a photo of detainees sleeping in “holding cells” at an Arizona placement center. In June 2014, NBC News’ Andrea Mitchell said that undocumented children flooding the border were “creating a crisis” for authorities.

Many of these articles were highlighted in an email blast from the Republican National Committee, which is actively backing Trump's bid to draw attention to the surging migration flow along the border as the president seeks funding for a border wall -- with the government partially shut down amid the impasse. The RNC argued the media are challenging Trump's descriptions, and Democrats outright call it a "manufactured" crisis, at a time when the problem has only grown worse, by some measures.

“The hypocrisy, unfortunately, is no longer stunning. It's utterly predictable,” The Hill media guru Joe Concha told Fox News.

Concha said much of America’s political media “is pre-conditioned to oppose anything the president supports,” with the coverage of the immigration fight the latest example.

“For years, we heard about how horrible it was for U.S. troops to be in places like Syria or Afghanistan. Trump proposes pulling them out, and suddenly they're for keeping them there,” Concha said. “Same thing with the border.”

Forbes was brief and to the point on Thursday, publishing a headline: “There is no border crisis.”

Vox wrote, “The real crisis is that Trump has no idea what he’s doing," while Houston's ABC affiliate declared that border communities are not willing to accept Trump's "crisis" label.

The Washington Post’s political correspondent Dan Balz penned an analysis headlined, “Trump used the Oval Office to try to create a border crisis.” The New York Times tweeted, “President Trump is set to travel to Texas to address a crisis on the Mexican border that Democrats say does not exist.”

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said on Tuesday that Trump is working to “manufacture a crisis, stoke fear and divert attention from the turmoil in his administration."

Speaking Wednesday on Fox News’ “America’s Newsroom,” Democratic National Committee Chairman Tom Perez echoed Schumer’s language. "This whole border security crisis … it really, I believe, is a manufactured crisis,” he said.

"Democrats, with the aid of a duplicitous mainstream media, now call the very positions they held as recently as a couple of years ago ‘racist’ or ‘bigoted’ or ‘xenophobic,’" conservative strategist Chris Barron told Fox News. "They accuse the president of acting like a tyrant and a fascist for the exact same policies Obama carried out. They deny a crisis at the border after they themselves claimed there was one."

Trump has repeatedly pointed out that Democrats used to support border security measures, including projects that included barriers -- though Obama did not push for an expansive and comprehensive border wall as Trump is. In making his case Thursday, he tweeted a clip of Obama's immigration warnings.

“Sen. Schumer advocated for five times the funding for border security that included wall expansion less than five years ago. Not a peep from the media. Today, Schumer does a 180 and gets a get-out-of-jail free card,” Concha said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/med...a-what-changed
                    1998 3587 Bayliner, Port Orchard, WA

Comment

• baylineguy
                      baylineguy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sorry Hook, I just noticed that you had started a new thread about this.

The media and the Dems are the big cover up artists and liars.

• hookemdano
                      hookemdano commented
                      Editing a comment
                      no worries...u r just spreading the FACTS

• Iproff
                      Iproff commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It's more than evident that DTL is what you base your posts on.
                  Working...
                  X