The Wall - Trump has defeated himself

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wall - Trump has defeated himself

This is an opinion piece, not necessarily bashing Trump but simply stating an opinion which I believe isn't too far from the mark.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opini...cid=spartanntp
    The president, trapped without a decent exit in a predicament of his own making, will yield everything and get nothing.

Paul
    US Army (Retired), Federal Way, WA

1990 Bayliner 3288 - the "Janna Lea"
    MMSI: 338181912

ha ha ha...an opinion from a Trump hating canadian

I agree with what this American opinion is...

The result was not as lopsided as the Clemson annihilation of Alabama in the National Championship game Monday night, but the outcome of the first head-to-head television effort of the new Congress was decisive. President Trump clearly gained ground and Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer lost ground.

The outcome of the first head-to-head television effort of the new Congress was decisive. President Trump clearly gained ground and Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer lost ground.
    1997 Bayliner Trophy 2352
    5.7 Mercruiser/Alpha I Gen II /Full Closed Cooling
    San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

the more people I meet the more I love my dogs !

Comment

They all voted for it before.

Click image for larger version

Name:	8FE1A3FD-C0A1-4A15-B74D-7A5B210A644A.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	230.6 KB
ID:	477234
      Esteban
      Vancouver, BC
      Former Bayliners 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

Yup, they did. They also liked and respected Obama plus he had the one thing Trump lacks as pointed out by the article - the ability to persuade.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by O1dSoldier View Post
          Yup, they did. They also liked and respected Obama plus he had the one thing Trump lacks as pointed out by the article - the ability to persuade.
          You forgot the other thing, and I wish it was not this simple.

Obama was a democrat, and therefore had the support of all the other democrats.

KEVIN SANDERS
          4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA

Comment

Originally posted by ksanders View Post

I forgot about that one.
            I think Pelosi and Schumer don’t want to give in because they know this is the main reason the people voted for President Trump. They simply do not want him to be successful, even thought they know this is what is best for the country, the American citizens.
            They thought it was a good idea in 2006, why should President Trump have to persuade them that it is still a good idea?
            Funny how Pelosi says it won’t work, meanwhile Border Patrol Agents say it will. Who do you think knows better?
            However this plays out, the people of the United States know President Trump is trying to do what they voted for him to do, and Pelosi and Schumer are the ones that are preventing it.
            Esteban
            Vancouver, BC
            Former Bayliners 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

Originally posted by green650 View Post

I forgot about that one.
              I think Pelosi and Schumer don’t want to give in because they know this is the main reason the people voted for President Trump. They simply do not want him to be successful, even thought they know this is what is best for the country, the American citizens.
              They thought it was a good idea in 2006, why should President Trump have to persuade them that it is still a good idea?
              Funny how Pelosi says it won’t work, meanwhile Border Patrol Agents say it will. Who do you think knows better?
              However this plays out, the people of the United States know President Trump is trying to do what they voted for him to do, and Pelosi and Schumer are the ones that are preventing it.
              Yes Trump is trying to do what the people who voted for him to do and the Dems are trying to do what the people who voted for them to do.

I really don't think it's that difficult to understand that Republicans voted for one thing and Democrats voted for something else. The Republicans refused to bow to Obama why would anyone expect the Democrats to bow to Trump.
              Watching crow being slowly eaten in the PNW.
              The village idiot strikes again.

Comment

Originally posted by green650 View Post

I forgot about that one.
                You are 100% correct on this, it’s not that they don’t want the wall, it’s that they do not want Trump to be successful. If he is successful he will get reelected and that is their endgame is to keep him from getting reelected

KEVIN SANDERS
                4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA

Comment

• O1dSoldier
                  O1dSoldier commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Apparently the Republicans don't want Trump to be successful either. I two years they could even agree on anything amongst themselves and passed no significant legislation what-so-ever which they have been promising to do since the Dems lost control under Obama.

You are 100% correct on this, it’s not that they don’t want the wall, it’s that they do not want Trump to be successful. If he is successful he will get reelected and that is their endgame is to keep him from getting reelected
                You guys keep comparing the 2006 border fence bill to Trump's wall proposal, as if they are the same thing. They're not, they are much different is scope... the 2006 bill was more targeted and strategic. Also, you have fallen victim to Trump's propaganda regarding the dems. The fact is that MOST americans oppose Trump's plan for the wall, and as representatives of The People, the democrats oppose it and are in favor of more targeted, effective, and appropriate means of border security. Trump on the other hand is turning his back on the majority of Americans who disagree with him in order to please his minority base. That is not how our country is supposed to work.
                1995 Bayliner 2452 Mercruiser 5.7L Alpha 1 Gen 2

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DwUPpgtWoAE4b9V.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	477275
                  CapMartin, Montr├®al
                  "Belle de Dalhousie"
                  1986 3270
                  Volvo BB225B

Comment

President Trump slammed his hand on a table and stormed out of a White House meeting.

The art of the deal lol.
                    President Trump walked out of a White House meeting with congressional leaders Wednesday afternoon over the partial government shutdown after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi again rejected supporting new funding for a border wall, according to those in the meeting.
                    Watching crow being slowly eaten in the PNW.
                    The village idiot strikes again.

Comment

Trump didnt slam his hand down...that is just cryin drama queen chuck being his usual DQ
                      1997 Bayliner Trophy 2352
                      5.7 Mercruiser/Alpha I Gen II /Full Closed Cooling
                      San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

the more people I meet the more I love my dogs !

Comment

Originally posted by hookemdano View Post
                        Trump didnt slam his hand down...that is just cryin drama queen chuck being his usual DQ
                        How do you know? Were you there?
                        1995 Bayliner 2452 Mercruiser 5.7L Alpha 1 Gen 2

Comment

• Iproff
                          Iproff commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I wonder where he read that Chuck said that not in my quote. He must be reading CNN or some other news sources like that. The papers in the UK did say Trump slammed his hand down on the table.

• hookemdano
                          hookemdano commented
                          Editing a comment
                          yes I was...and the only one to mention it was crying chuckles...nancy didnt even mention it

Originally posted by Iproff View Post
                        The Republicans refused to bow to Obama why would anyone expect the Democrats to bow to Trump.
                        You would think *Republicans* would go along with Trump... But last year his own Republican congress forced his hand and Trump could barely secure 1.6 billion for the wall out of 4.1 originally asked.
                        Rafael Figueira
                        1998 Bayliner Capri 1800 LS

Comment

• Iproff
                          Iproff commented
                          Editing a comment
                          True very true

Ok, fair enough. Trump is a Rep. the Senate is controlled by Rep. up until recently the House was also controlled by Rep. and guess what? The wall never got funded. Perhaps because as the article states its only Trump and his staunchest followers that want it in the first place.

Paul

Comment

• hookemdano
                          hookemdano commented
                          Editing a comment
                          or perhaps...like you...the dims hate Trump and will not vote for a damn thing Trump wants

• O1dSoldier
                          O1dSoldier commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Saw Trump in person once a number of years ago. Heard him speak, immediately thought he was a buffoon.

His "success" is most certainly not his own but that of his employees and given the amount of bankruptcies he's had even that is questionable. The fact that he has tons of money definitely isn't a sign of success. There is a phenomenon where you get to a certain level of wealth (or fame) and it actually becomes easier to make even more money.

I totally get how that clown was elected, there is a perhaps disenfranchised subset of our population that is primarily older white people and poor, less educated white people who support him. They just happen to be Republican but who knows, maybe some are actually Dems who were swayed by his pitch but it's pretty well known that he did the same thing Obama did - he studied the crowd and tailored his pitch to meet their fancy. Simple demographics and marketing.

• hookemdano
                          hookemdano commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I would not expect anything less from a person with TDS that hates Trump
                      Working...
                      X