Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pompeo's North Korea meeting went 'as badly as it could have gone'

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/11/polit...ntl/index.html

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo's overnight visit to Pyongyang last week failed to demonstrate any progress on denuclearization talks, leading one source with knowledge of the discussions to say the White House felt it went "as badly as it could have gone."

"The North Koreans were just messing around, not serious about moving forward," the source told CNN's Michelle Kosinski, adding that Pompeo had been promised a meeting with North Korea's Kim Jong Un, and so not getting that meeting sent a big message."By now it's abundantly clear that this approach is a dead end," said Adam Mount, a senior fellow and director of the Defense Posture Project at the Federation of American Scientists, where he covers US nuclear strategy, deterrence and North Korea.

What we have here folks, is a massive bright shining failure on the part of one person, Donald Trump. He thought he was smarter than everyone that went before him, and the smartest person in the room was the mass murdering dictator. North Korea got everything they have wanted for 50 years, we got nothing except more embarrassment on the world stage.

Hey Douggy told you so. Trump was played again.
    Watching crow being slowly eaten in the PNW.
    The village idiot strikes again.

Comment

No. no this all all part of Trump's deal making ability. Technique #1 - give your opponent everything he wants, even if you get nothing back.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	505.6 KB
ID:	442326
        CapMartin, Montr├®al
        "Belle de Dalhousie"
        1986 3270
        Volvo BB225B

Comment

just remember...history WAS made

and I dont hear any fat lady singing...yet
          1997 Bayliner Trophy 2352
          5.7 Mercruiser/Alpha I Gen II /Full Closed Cooling
          San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

the more people I meet the more I love my dogs !

Comment

That Kim got what she wanted too. I guess Trump did get that great picture.

Comment

And this is why former Presidents haven't bothered meeting with NK... Trump thought he could roll in and kiss Kim Jong Un's ass and solve the world's problems... NOPE!

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/...-them-bad.html

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo seemingly failed to gain a single concession from North Korea after meetings Friday and Saturday in the communist nation’s capital of Pyongyang to discuss America’s demand that the North get rid its nuclear weapons.

In fact, it seems both sides can’t even agree on what was discussed or how the talks went, with the North now even threatening to walk away from its vague pledge to denuclearize.

Following Pompeo’s talks with high-ranking North Korean government official Kim Yong Chol, North Korea accused the Trump administration of making a “unilateral and gangster-like demand for denuclearization” that was “deeply regrettable.”
              1995 Bayliner 2452 Mercruiser 5.7L Alpha 1 Gen 2

Comment

Originally posted by Fishtank View Post
                "... with the North now even threatening to walk away from its vague pledge... "
                Same story, always. Get belligerent, sit down for talks, get some concessions from the West, threat to walk away, get belligerent, sit down for talks... It has been working well for NK, why change now?

We never learn.

It makes me think the WH knew things wouldnt go as well as they proclaimed, but played along anyway just to score domestic political points. And it worked too, since he got approval points for his diplomatic feat but now the focus on the news is on something else now, who cares about NK.
                Rafael Figueira
                1998 Bayliner Capri 1800 LS

Comment

That's because the average Trump voter has an attention span of the next Fox propaganda story. Trump has essentially "achieved" one thing, and that is his tax welfare for the rich. Unless I am mistaken, the Republicans used that age old dodge known as "reconciliation" to pass the bill, which means they did an end run around the filibuster. That is the way all Republican tax cuts get passed.

Besides that, Trump has thrown the government into total chaos.

North Korea - massive fail.
                  Immigration - massive fail bordering on concentration camps for children. New policy, reject everyone at the border which will create another humanitarian crisis.
                  Economy - in spite of literally everything in his favor, Trump is going to throw us into recession. His tariffs will all backfire.
                  Foreign Relations - everyone hates us now, because Trump thinks he can bully world leaders like some minion in his office.
                  NATO - his own Senate is rebuking him. Fail.
                  Puerto Rico - abysmal response that is STILL A CRISIS to this day. I think Trump is not aware that they are US citizens !

Just imagine if President Obama was in office. The guy tied his shoes funny and the wing nuts would lose their effing minds. Remember when Obama took vacation ? Keep in mind Obama worked seven days a week typically. Trump shows up for work at like 10, takes every weekend off to fly Air Force One to Florida so the Secret Service can rent his hotel rooms. Every week or so, it's another "rally" so he can get his ass kissed by his slobbering idiot fan club, all at the tax payers expense.

He is simply the most inept moron ever to hold the office. We live in dark times, but it will all be over soon. Vote people.

Comment

The problem with previous administrations is that they continued to look the other way for years when NK did not live up to its promises and agreement.

If NK is not following through on their agreement, I am confident that the sanctions will be put back on.

To those who say that Trump's visit to NK was a waste of time, I would disagree. NK has released hostages, after decades they are releasing the remains of dead us soldiers for proper burial, and they have not conducted any nuclear tests for many months. I would also say that the meeting increased the hopes of the people of NK for a better life. If those hopes continue to be dashed, there will eventually be an uprising by them. The world would be a better place without Kim Jong.
                    1998 3587 Bayliner, Port Orchard, WA

Comment

It was worse than a waste of time, it was giving NK exactly what they want. Far as trying to blame everyone else, give it up.

Comment

Originally posted by baylineguy View Post
                        If NK is not following through on their agreement, I am confident that the sanctions will be put back on.

Of course. That's how it has always been. Obama, Bush and Clinton put sanctions back on when NK failed in previous agreements.

Rafael Figueira
                        1998 Bayliner Capri 1800 LS

Comment

Originally posted by rafaelfigueira View Post

Of course. That's how it has always been. Obama, Bush and Clinton put sanctions back on when NK failed in previous agreements.
                          And how long did it take for previous administrations to reimpose sanctions and also remove the carrot that they had given.

Regardless, NK obviously found a way around them before as they kept developing and then lobbing missiles right and left. It was Trump who finally got China to also stop cheating on the sanctions.

As I said before, the talks were not a waste of time even if one takes the article by Trump hating CNN that quotes anonymous sources along with others who don't like the current administration.

It took decades to get into this mess, we can't expect to undo it all overnight.
                          1998 3587 Bayliner, Port Orchard, WA

Comment

Originally posted by baylineguy View Post
                            The problem with previous administrations is that they continued to look the other way for years when NK did not live up to its promises and agreement.

To those who say that Trump's visit to NK was a waste of time, I would disagree. NK has released hostages, after decades they are releasing the remains of dead us soldiers for proper burial, and they have not conducted any nuclear tests for many months. I would also say that the meeting increased the hopes of the people of NK for a better life. If those hopes continue to be dashed, there will eventually be an uprising by them. The world would be a better place without Kim Jong.
                            Oh really?? Seems to me that Trump has failed and that is becoming more and more apparent.

North Korea puts off meeting with US on returning soldier remains

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/12/polit...ins/index.html
                            1995 Bayliner 2452 Mercruiser 5.7L Alpha 1 Gen 2

Comment

• baylineguy
                              baylineguy commented
                              Editing a comment
                              That's a brand new story. Hopefully, it was not intentional. If not, then it looks like the sanctions will be going back on.

Let's see China is giving them oil and supplies. NK is a very popular tourist spot for the Chinese and it's been reported Russia has sent supplies. This has been going on for 40 years.
                            Kim Jong also ditched a meeting with Mike Pompeo he visited a Potato farm instead.
                            It's also been confirmed NK has made more fuel for its ballistic missiles. What would he need that for there no longer a nuclear threat?
                            Watching crow being slowly eaten in the PNW.
                            The village idiot strikes again.

Comment

Working...
                            X