A Higher Loyalty: Truth, Lies, and Leadership

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Higher Loyalty: Truth, Lies, and Leadership

Comey described Trump's presidency as a "forest fire" and wrote that his interactions with the administration recalled "my earlier career as a prosecutor against the Mob".

"The silent circle of assent. The boss in complete control. The loyalty oaths. The us-versus-them worldview," Comey reportedly wrote. "The lying about all things, large and small, in service to some code of loyalty that put the organization above morality and above the truth."

Click image for larger version

Name:	higher-loyalty-book-cover-ht-jef-180404_hpEmbed_2x3_992.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	424417

This is bound to be a proud moment in American History

“I honestly never thought this words would come out of my mouth, but I don't know whether the current president of the United States was with prostitutes peeing on each other in Moscow in 2013,” Comey told ABC. “It's possible, but I don't know.”

“I started to tell him about the allegation was that he had been involved with prostitutes in a hotel in Moscow in 2013 during the visit for the Miss Universe pageant and that the Russians had filmed the episode, and he interrupted very defensively and started talking about it, you know, ‘Do I look like a guy who needs hookers?’” Comey said.

“And I assumed he was asking that rhetorically, I didn't answer that, and I just moved on and explained, ‘Sir, I'm not saying that we credit this, I'm not saying we believe it. We just thought it very important that you know.’ "

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	pee.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	424640

Comment

Former FBI Director James Comey said President Donald Trump is not fit for the Oval Office, and can’t rule out that the Russians may have blackmail material that they’re holding against him.

In a wide-ranging interview with ABC News anchor George Stephanopoulos that aired in a primetime special Sunday night, Comey went into great detail about the investigation into Hilary Clinton’s emails that led up to the election, and his dealings with Trump after he took office. It was his first televised interview since Trump fired him last May.

Many of Comey’s comments — such as calling Trump a habitual liar and comparing him to a mob boss — were consistent with excerpts released last week from Comey’s upcoming tell-all book, “A Higher Loyalty: Truth, Lies, and Leadership,” which will be released Tuesday. It is already No. 1 on Amazon.com Inc.’s AMZN, +0.79% bestseller list.

Read: Comey book blasts Trump as ‘unethical’ liar who operates like a mob boss

In Sunday’s interview on Walt Disney Co.’s DIS, -0.04% ABC, Comey added that Trump treated women like “meat” and was a “stain” on those around him, and was not morally fit to lead the country. “Our president must embody respect and adhere to the values that are at the core of this country,” Comey said, according to a transcript of the interview. “The most important being truth. This president is not able to do that. He is morally unfit to be president.”

However, Comey said he does not think Trump should be impeached, because that “would let the American people off the hook.” Instead, “people in this country need to stand up and go to the voting booth and vote their values,” he said.

Comey said he was “mystified” why Trump refused to criticize Russian President Vladimir Putin, even in private, especially after the abundance of evidence that Russia meddled in the 2016 election.

Comey said it’s possible the Russians “have something” on Trump. “I think it’s possible,”he said. “I don’t know. These are more words I never thought I’d utter about a president of the United States, but it’s possible. . . . It is stunning and I wish I wasn’t saying it, but it’s just ... it’s the truth. I cannot say that. It always struck me and still strikes me as unlikely, and I woulda been able to say with high confidence about any other president I dealt with, but I can’t. It’s possible.”

Comment

So now the question: Who do you believe? A man who cut his teeth prosecuting the mob, or a pathological liar with a trail of bankrupt business ventures and orange skin?

I believe Comey. I also believe he was put in a no-win situation that resulted in poor optics for conspiracy theorists like Douggy. I believe the GOP is hitching their wagon to taking down a good person, and also our entire law enforcement community.

Mark my words: By this time next year, Trump supporters will have a LOT to answer for.
          Matt Train
          BOC Site Team
          Chicagoland, IL

Comment

Originally posted by Download_Complete View Post
            So now the question: Who do you believe? A man who cut his teeth prosecuting the mob, or a pathological liar with a trail of bankrupt business ventures and orange skin?

I believe Comey. I also believe he was put in a no-win situation that resulted in poor optics for conspiracy theorists like Douggy. I believe the GOP is hitching their wagon to taking down a good person, and also our entire law enforcement community.

Mark my words: By this time next year, Trump supporters will have a LOT to answer for.
            That is the question "who do you believe" but yet this comes from a disgruntled also known to be liar and on the other side a man known to have had dealing with the mob. That doesn't mean he is in the mob.

I'm not defending trump or comey the real problem in our country is the lying politics the lying media and lying deceptive politicians. It has become impossible to know what the truth is. Probably by design,if you cant figure out whats really going on the you won't know what's really going on.

I hate what has become ( not the country)of our country because of selfish controlling greedy leaders and media and crazy conspiracy theories.
            1989 Avanti 3450 Sunbridge
            twin 454's
            MV Mar-Y-Sol
            1979 Bayliner Conquest 3150 hardtop ocean express.
            Twin chevy 350's inboard
            Ben- Jamin
            spokane Washington

Comment

I dont think comey is a good man at all

Mark my words: By this time next year, Trump haters will still be whining about something.
              1997 Bayliner Trophy 2352
              5.7 Mercruiser/Alpha I Gen II /Full Closed Cooling
              San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

the more people I meet the more I love my dogs !

Comment

Originally posted by hookemdano View Post
                I dont think comey is a good man at all

Mark my words: By this time next year, Trump haters will still be whining about something.
                If Trump is still there, you are correct. The clown will still be acting stupid and people wiill be calling him out on it.

Parry Sound, Ontario Canada
                2014 Bayliner Element with Mercury 60 HP EFI Big Foot OB
                12 foot aluminum fishing boat

Comment

And then, on June 8, 2017, everything changed.

On that day, Comey admitted to leaking notes of his conversations with President Trump to the New York Times. He used a friend – or “cutout” – to leak the memos so that he could hide his identity.

It’s impossible to overstate what a gut punch this was for officers in the FBI and CIA. For years, we had been told, lectured, and threatened not to leak to the press. We were given clear paths to share our concerns of abuse, all of which were known and available to Comey. He could have handed his notes to the Senate or House, but he didn’t. He could have testified about his concerns, but at that point he didn’t.

Instead, Comey chose to leak. And he admitted to his treachery only after being compelled to testify.

Friends I spoke with at the Bureau and Agency shared my anger and disgust. Our brother in arms – the most senior leader in the fights against corruption, terrorism, and espionage – had violated his lifetime oath. He had betrayed not just the American people but his fellow officers as well.

And no matter his excuses, he also broke every FBI rule regarding contact with the press and release of government information.
                  America’s working-level spies and law enforcement officers can see right through Comey’s charade of “leadership” and “loyalty” because they know the immeasurable damage he has caused.
                  1997 Bayliner Trophy 2352
                  5.7 Mercruiser/Alpha I Gen II /Full Closed Cooling
                  San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

the more people I meet the more I love my dogs !

Comment

Matt

The book is fiction, It’s even in the fiction section.

Of course Comey wrote a book...There was money to be made, and Comey is a ex FBI agent who was let go for cause. He has no way to support his family except by capitalizing on this brief bit in time that he has an audience. Hell... I’d write a book too...make a couple million and retire to a beach, smiling at being fired.

Oh... See the news lately??? This whole “be nice to the russians because they have stuff on you” thing you guys keep repeating didn’t quite come to pass, being that the Russians are REALLY PISSED that we intervened in Syria.

You and the rest of the Trump haters keep repeating the same old stuff, and if you say it enough you think it will become true.

What would be really cool is if you guys would come up with some new information. We all know the Prez can’t keep his dick in his pants. I don’t like it, but it seems to be a common theme among many of our presidents, but you guys keep beating the same drum and then some here bitch when someone brings up similarities between his and other presidents actions. Yes we all know the penis is the root of all evil.

The fact is that you Trump haters just cannot stand the concept that we the people of this country elected someone that only a “incorrigible” would vote for. Someone that talks like a commoner, and doesen’t undestand the economic theories that were taught to you in your economics 101 general education class that you attended for three hours a week for 12 weeks. Yes I took the same class.

You guys may not like this guy and consider him a total looser, but remember that he was flying around in a fleet of private jets with money he made, money that a lot of people that think they are much smarter than him have not seemed to be able to make, despite decades of effort.

Nope...I’d say the guy has done OK for himself. He is learning the job of president (like they all do) and is making progress where he can within the systems we have in place.

KEVIN SANDERS
                    4788 LISAS WAY
                    SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

Originally posted by ksanders View Post

Matt

The book is fiction, It’s even in the fiction section.

Of course Come wrote a book...There was money to be made, and Comey is a discrased ex fbi agent let go for cause. He has no way to support his family except by capitalizing on this brief bit in time that he has an audience.

Oh... See the news lately??? This whole “be nice to the rissans because they have stuff on you” thing you guys keep repeating didn’t quite come to pass, being that the rissians are REALLY PISSED that we intervined in Syria.

You and the rwst of the Trump haters keep repeating the same old stuff, and if you say it enough you think it will become true.

What would be really cool is if you guys would come up with some new information. We all know the Prez can’t keep his dick in his pants. I don’t like it, but it seems to be a common theme among many of our presidents but you guys keep beating the same drum and then some here bitch when someone brings up parallels between other presidents actions.
                      Here's two facts that you cannot spin:

THere are now TWO criminal investigations involving Trump. One is for Russian collusion, and the other is Michael Cohen's crimes.

Michael Cohen does not have a list of clients. His only client is Trump.

It also takes a hell of a lot more than a tweet to get your lawyer investigated when you are President of the United States.
                      Matt Train
                      BOC Site Team
                      Chicagoland, IL

Comment

Originally posted by hookemdano View Post
                        And then, on June 8, 2017, everything changed.

On that day, Comey admitted to leaking notes of his conversations with President Trump to the New York Times. He used a friend – or “cutout” – to leak the memos so that he could hide his identity.

It’s impossible to overstate what a gut punch this was for officers in the FBI and CIA. For years, we had been told, lectured, and threatened not to leak to the press. We were given clear paths to share our concerns of abuse, all of which were known and available to Comey. He could have handed his notes to the Senate or House, but he didn’t. He could have testified about his concerns, but at that point he didn’t.

Instead, Comey chose to leak. And he admitted to his treachery only after being compelled to testify.

Friends I spoke with at the Bureau and Agency shared my anger and disgust. Our brother in arms – the most senior leader in the fights against corruption, terrorism, and espionage – had violated his lifetime oath. He had betrayed not just the American people but his fellow officers as well.

And no matter his excuses, he also broke every FBI rule regarding contact with the press and release of government information.
                        So, what you are saying is;
                        It’s not what Trump (not the president) did that was wrong, it’s what Comey did that was wrong.
                        Parry Sound, Ontario Canada
                        2014 Bayliner Element with Mercury 60 HP EFI Big Foot OB
                        12 foot aluminum fishing boat

Comment

• hookemdano
                          hookemdano commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I didnt say a damn thing....I did NOT write the article..it was written by a former covert CIA officer and member of the Democratic Party...

did ya read the article?

On one hand I like what Comey did for the 2016 Presidential election. His public briefings on the Clinton email scandal, although fraudulent, was a contributor to Hillary Clinton losing the election.

On the other hand, Comey is a criminal and he will pay the price for the crimes he committed. The sooner he goes off to spend the rest of his life in Federal Prison (or the death penalty) the better.
                        2003 Bayliner 245
                        2007 Sedona F21

Comment

Here's two facts that you cannot spin:

THere are now TWO criminal investigations involving Trump. One is for Russian collusion, and the other is Michael Cohen's crimes.

Michael Cohen does not have a list of clients. His only client is Trump.

It also takes a hell of a lot more than a tweet to get your lawyer investigated when you are President of the United States.
                          I’m not trying to spin anything.

I am unlike you not spending my days wishing that something comes of the investigations. I am neutral on this until the investigation concludes.

What I do is to reserve judgement until the facts come out. Investigations are good, they reveal facts, and those facts come out in a court of law. Nothing more and nothing less.

KEVIN SANDERS
                          4788 LISAS WAY
                          SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

Originally posted by ksanders View Post

I’m not trying to spin anything.

I am unlike you not spending my days wishing that something comes of the investigations. I am neutral on this until the investigation concludes.

What I do is to reserve judgement until the facts come out. Investigations are good, they reveal facts, and those facts come out in a court of law. Nothing more and nothing less.
                            I have no issues with people like you. YOu're being level headed about this.

You are right about me - I have made up my mind, and I have had enough. Like that, hate it, not my problem anymore. I believe we've seen enough to indicate there WILL be something coming. And I am tired of the Kool Aid drinkers in this forum pretending like the other side is the bigger problem.
                            Matt Train
                            BOC Site Team
                            Chicagoland, IL

Comment

• Douggy
                              Douggy commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Interesting how you praise Kevin for being level-headed and then you complete your post by being the opposite of level-headed ... unhinged.

• Download_Complete
                              Download_Complete commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Dude, compared to me, you need to be institutionalized. I mean, you skipped the pot calling the kettle black....you jumped on a rocket and aimed it straight for a black hole.
                          Working...
                          X