Regime Change in Syria

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regime Change in Syria

Reports tonight that US troops engaged in military action against pro Syria/Russia fighters. This was because pro US fighters were attacked, probably because a Russia military jet was shot down. It's unclear if any Russian military was involved, hurt or killed in the recent action. This is yet another step towards direct US Russia military action.

The report said the US currently has 2000 troops in Syria. The original justification for US troops in Syria was that ISIS was based in Syria and we wanted to take out ISIS. ISIS has been pretty much eliminated in Syria now but we are still there and supporting anti-Syria government fighters. Apparently we are still trying to force a regime change in Syria but so far Russia has prevented that from happening.

Should the US continue the mission to force regime change in Syria?
    Yes ... lets take Syria
    0%
    No ... get our troops home
    100.00%
    Not sure
    0%
    2003 Bayliner 245
    2007 Sedona F21

I for one do not like seeing our troops in harms way. I also do not like seeing the expendature in tax dollars that would be necessary to force a regime change.
    Then you get into the question of who would fill the power void left? Would they in the long term be better for our country?

Didn’t we learn any lessons from Iraq and Afghanistan?

Thats why I would recommend that we minimize our involvement in Syria.

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY
    SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

If there is a real threat to America, vital American interests or true American allies (not just any NATO ally) then I'm more willing agree. But I don't see any of these justifications in Syria or several other regime change operations we were involved in over the past few decades. To put our troops in harms way we need verifiable proof that justifies putting our troops in harms way and spending the enormous funds for the mission. I don't even want to fund other nations or mercenaries in a proxy war/battle without first providing convincing proof that a real threat to America or vital American interests are at hand.
      2003 Bayliner 245
      2007 Sedona F21

Comment

I thought the whole reason for our service members in Syria and Iraq was to assist in the defeat of Isis. If that has been accomplished bring our troops and equipment home. Let Russia and Iran hold Syria's hand. Lets arm the Kurds just piss those SOB Turk's off. I'm all for pulling all US service members and US owned equipment out of Turkey.

Comment

I’m going to play devils advocate here for a minute. Since it’s easier to look back than it is to look forward.

What if during the first desert storm we would have continued on, wiped our Saddam, and walked away? Would America be better off or worse off? How many have died and been injured since then. How many billions of dollars have we spent?
          September 11, 2001 was 17 years ago why are we still there? Why are we still having young people hurt and killed? Why are we spending money?

Do the radical Muslims (not all muslims are radical BTW) hate us less for all our efforts? For all our dead and hurt young people? For all our billions spent?

We as a country have a vested interest and a responsibility to insure that

1. Our Country is safe
          2. Our sworn allies countries are safe
          3. We avenge any attacks on our country or our citizens so brutally that people do not dare attack up for fear of them, and everything they hold dear being destroyed.

Are we really safer for all of our actions in the middle east?
          Or are we safer because we have learned to detect people attempting to harm us and have been pretty successful at stopping them?
          Will spending our lives and our dollars actually make for less people that want to do us harm, or will killing one of them cause two to want to avenge their death?

KEVIN SANDERS
          4788 LISAS WAY
          SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

Was Iraq responsible for 9/11?
            Was Egypt responsible for 9/11?
            Was Libya responsible for 9/11?
            Was Syria responsible for 9/11?
            Was Iran responsible for 9/11?
            The Arab Spring consisted of many more countries including but not limited to Yemen and Bahrain. Look at all the troops we have in Africa that are involved in various covert missions.

Ever time I watch this video it makes me angry and wonder what's really going on.

2003 Bayliner 245
            2007 Sedona F21

Comment

Opinion: When the US attacks Muslims, in any way shape or form, it will be viewed by the world's Muslims as an attack on Islam. It may suit a particular Muslims cause, maybe for a year or two. Over a given cause, they may be quiet, beg for action, or encourage action. However, when you kill a brother you offended Islam. It will never be forgotten and will never be forgiven. If you take action against them it is your bad; when your inaction lets Muslims die, it is your bad. The best thing to do is divorce yourself from everything Muslim and that includes immigration more than anything. Heaven help you if you ever give control to Muslims in the US as we did in Europe. All my opinion only.
              Terry (Retired Diving Instructor and Part Time IT Consultant)
              1998 Bayliner 2452. 5.7l V8 - Edelbrock 1409 4bbl - Alpha1Gen2 - Solent UK.
              MMSI 235061726

Comment

Originally posted by TerryW View Post
                Opinion: When the US attacks Muslims, in any way shape or form, it will be viewed by the world's Muslims as an attack on Islam. It may suit a particular Muslims cause, maybe for a year or two. Over a given cause, they may be quiet, beg for action, or encourage action. However, when you kill a brother you offended Islam. It will never be forgotten and will never be forgiven. If you take action against them it is your bad; when your inaction lets Muslims die, it is your bad. The best thing to do is divorce yourself from everything Muslim and that includes immigration more than anything. Heaven help you if you ever give control to Muslims in the US as we did in Europe. All my opinion only.
                I agree with your opinion and I'm thankful we have an opportunity to stop the mass migration plans (including Muslims) for America. This plan, developed and orchestrated by corrupt globalists, is designed to undermine sovereign and stable nations into chaos and eventually to their demise, for the purpose of global government control.
                2003 Bayliner 245
                2007 Sedona F21

Comment

Originally posted by ksanders View Post
                  I’m going to play devils advocate here for a minute. Since it’s easier to look back than it is to look forward.

What if during the first desert storm we would have continued on, wiped our Saddam, and walked away? Would America be better off or worse off? How many have died and been injured since then. How many billions of dollars have we spent?
                  September 11, 2001 was 17 years ago why are we still there? Why are we still having young people hurt and killed? Why are we spending money?

Do the radical Muslims (not all muslims are radical BTW) hate us less for all our efforts? For all our dead and hurt young people? For all our billions spent?

We as a country have a vested interest and a responsibility to insure that

1. Our Country is safe
                  2. Our sworn allies countries are safe
                  3. We avenge any attacks on our country or our citizens so brutally that people do not dare attack up for fear of them, and everything they hold dear being destroyed.
                  I
                  Are we really safer for all of our actions in the middle east?
                  Or are we safer because we have learned to detect people attempting to harm us and have been pretty successful at stopping them?
                  Will spending our lives and our dollars actually make for less people that want to do us harm, or will killing one of them cause two to want to avenge their death?
                  I agree with a lot of what you point out Kevin, but it is a complex issue in a complex area of the world. I certainly agree that the shift in military tactics since the second world war away from total victory and domination once troops have been committed has made these problems into death by a thousand cuts.

The complex issues arise around our protection of our sworn allies and their countries in that region. Is that possible with Syria in its current state supported by Russia and Iran ? It becomes even more complex with the introduction of Turkey another of our allies on the side of the Syrian Regime. How will the US be able to project power and influence into the area to protect Israel and others if Syria is occupied by Russia, backed by Iran and Turkey denies US the ability to base it aircraft and assets there or allow the US into its airspace ? If Israel and the middle east falls to Russia does that make America safer or more vulnerable ?

Comment

I don't see any serious threats to Israel and they certainly have the capability to defend themselves.
                    2003 Bayliner 245
                    2007 Sedona F21

Comment

Originally posted by Douggy View Post
                      I don't see any serious threats to Israel and they certainly have the capability to defend themselves.
                      You mean other than their jet that was shot down this weekend ?

Comment

Originally posted by donyt View Post

You mean other than their jet that was shot down this weekend ?
                        Israel claims the aircraft was shot down while on a bombing attack in Syria. Those are the risks of military action on another country.
                        2003 Bayliner 245
                        2007 Sedona F21

Comment

Originally posted by Douggy View Post

Israel claims the aircraft was shot down while on a bombing attack in Syria. Those are the risks of military action on another country.
                          Annnnd who shot the jet down Don ?

Comment

Originally posted by donyt View Post

Annnnd who shot the jet down Don ?
                            I don't know. The point is it was Israel that sent that jet into Syria on a military mission. Who was threatening who? Like I said, I don't see any serious threats to Israel and they certainly have the capability to defend themselves.
                            2003 Bayliner 245
                            2007 Sedona F21

Comment

Look's like President Trump is sticking to his campaign promise. Not what the deep state wanted though.

Trump appears to contradict State Department by saying the US is in Syria to 'get rid of ISIS and to go home'
                              2003 Bayliner 245
                              2007 Sedona F21

Comment

Working...
                              X